Skip to main content

@Benzene posted:

I think that interpretation is wrong.  McGough does count against the 53.  He just wouldn't count against the game day roster.

But if it was found on the internet doesn't it have to be true?     I should have considered the source.

No question the guy can play football (Cox) Will he keep the off field stuff out of his orbit?

Wilson gets cut. He already was released by Denver. Lotta speed though.

Keep 7 WRs. 2 TE's, 9 O-Line and 6 D-Line. Willing to bet nobody claims DeGaura if they cut him.

Final 13-15 positions on roster will be interesting and you can be certain Gutey is watching other teams cuts too.

There's only about 30 players I'm convinced cannot be cut. Guys like Jaire, Love, Watson, Kenny Clark, etc. - the last 23, you can make an argument.

"Final" 53 is hardly final. Injuries happen and players can and will be brought back including some from other teams. Hi Rasul

Last edited by Boris

Given that the Arizona Cardinals are in full tank, I mean rebuilding mode, I wonder what it would take to acquire Budda Baker?  

The only thing preventing this defense from being elite is the safety position.  Baker has this year and next year left on his contract and AZ isn’t going anywhere with him on the roster.  

Gute- make the call

Last edited by Tschmack

Toure definitely not one of my locks. Cut him and I don't believe anyone snags him on waivers.

That's really the key....figure out which guys none of the other 31 teams want

They have decisions to make just like every team does.

@RobDemovsky: Packers coach Matt LaFleur said he's not going to get too in depth with roster questions today but did say they probably won't make their moves until Tuesday.

After the draft, a peronnel source ID'd Brenton Cox and Malik Heath as the top Packers undrafted rookies. Both might have been drafted if not for off-field issues. MLF said they came in with "clean slates" and have been "key contributors." Heath seems like a lock, Cox a good bet.

No disrespect intended to Wilson, but if I had a nickel for every time there was a RB that had a great camp but ultimately didn't make the team...
If there was room to carry a 4th RB on the roster, even if he was limited to ST snaps only, we'd be set. Unfortunately, reality doesn't allow for that.
I do hope they can keep him on the PS. He'd be great to develop over the next year or so.

I think a trade could be a possibility, but flat out cutting a ( for all intensive purposes ) starting-level LT is asinine.
Yosh has experience these young guys don't, and that's hard to replace with 2nd-year players.
However, if Walker has actually 'beat out' Yosh this preseason, then so be it.

They could also keep him as luxury depth for the season to make sure 10 is taken care of, lose him in FA and get a comp pick.  That would be another way to clear his salary off the books for next year.

I hope Rasheed Walker is what it looks like he might be.  Talk about riches.

What would be adequate return for a Yosh trade?  Jets make sense, so maybe a 3rd?  But is a 3rd enough to strip depth at an important position, made even more important with a young QB?  Plus, do we know if Bakh is back in 2024?  $40m cap hit and $19m dead cap in 2024, so a $21m savings if cut.  It's last year of his deal so any restructure would need additional years, which Bakh could say no to.  So does he even want to come back for a rebuild with a young QB?  Yosh might be the LT of the future. 

A 3rd for Nijman? Save some for Goldie. If he’s the LT of the future, Love is screwed. He’s a lesser version of Marshall Newhouse. Nobody is giving up much of anything for Yosh Nijman. He’s a stopgap/backup/journeyman type.

The Jets and Bears both have better tackles than Nijman.

Last edited by Herschel

Mekhi Becton played the last two games for the Jets and played well. He will start at RT. Duane Brown will start at LT. If the Jets even consider acquiring another Tackle, it won’t be before the season starts unless an injury occurs.

Appears to be a very bold move. I can’t reveal my sources, but I’m told this really didn’t come down to his kicking skills. Turns out he hit on LeFleur’s wife one time. You just can’t do that!

@RoyalWulff posted:

Appears to be a very bold move. I can’t reveal my sources, but I’m told this really didn’t come down to his kicking skills. Turns out he hit on LeFleur’s wife one time. You just can’t do that!

I do not buy the hit on the wife thing. Only because unless it was in the last few days, he would have been gone long ago.

Whelan's hang time is ridiculous. Only save about $1M by cutting him...this is obviously about the future. O'Donnell will never be a Pro Bowler...Whelan just might be. He has the only thing you can't coach...leg strength.

@Timmy! posted:

No disrespect intended to Wilson, but if I had a nickel for every time there was a RB that had a great camp but ultimately didn't make the team...
If there was room to carry a 4th RB on the roster, even if he was limited to ST snaps only, we'd be set. Unfortunately, reality doesn't allow for that.
I do hope they can keep him on the PS. He'd be great to develop over the next year or so.

Agreed.  He seems good on outside runs, but on inside runs it looks like he just runs to the spot, closes his eyes and smashed into someone.  Not too shifty.  There was a definite difference with Taylor.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.