Skip to main content

There's more to this story.....

I mean....that 2025 2nd rounder might as well be a 3rd.. How soon before Diggs comes to CJ with....."Throw ME the ball....not Tank!" ๐Ÿ˜†

Also want to point out....Texans and Packers have virtually identical odds to win conference and/or Super Bowl....currently 20-1... We'll see if this trade moves the Texans needle down to 16-1 or if at all.

Last edited by Boris
@Timmy! posted:

I can get wanting to get rid of a player ASAP, and maybe even doing so in manner that's not favorable to the player.
But I don't get the pre- June 1st deal, and missing out on the opportunity to spread it out over another year. Almost cap suicide?

I believe they can designate it to June 1. (I think)  They can do that twice during the league season. Just twice.

For instance Packers did it on Devondre but have yet to announce #2 (Bakh or A. JONES -- I would assume Bakh)

Last edited by Boris
@Timmy! posted:

I can get wanting to get rid of a player ASAP, and maybe even doing so in manner that's not favorable to the player.
But I don't get the pre- June 1st deal, and missing out on the opportunity to spread it out over another year. Almost cap suicide?

It's a trade so they can't designate as post-June 1st. That's only if you release a player. And with a trade, you can't simply wait because the other team may change their mind after the draft. Bills did what they had to do get rid of Diggs and still pick up a decent pick, but it's going to be painful this year. 

@Goalline posted:

It will be curious to see how he handles a young QB.

It will be more curious to see how that young QB (Stroud) handles Diggs. Will Stroud be able to stand up to Diggs and tell him to get lost if Diggs says he's open all the time? Will Stroud be able to brush off -- or tell him off -- when he misses a wide-open Diggs and Diggs starts posturizing or pouting? Or will Stroud be influenced by Diggs? If I'm the coach or GM, I would need to be on very firm ground and to be confident that Diggs would fit into my team and with my QB before I even consider adding him to a very young QB and to a young WR room.

@ammo posted:

Texans cancel Digg's final 3 years of his contract. He will become a free agent in 2025.  They also converted $3.5 million guaranteed in 2025 to 2024 which makes his guaranteed money $22.5 million for 2024.

A free agent in 2025? Poor Tank Dell. He might have 4 catches all year when Stroud dedicates his season to keeping Diggs from falling on to the turf during the season and kicking and screaming in a fit.

I think it's likely his situation was "explained" to him before a deal was made. Stroud is much more likely to be a part of future Texans teams that Diggs will be, and he has to understand that.
Whether he is/will be mature enough to deal with that is still questionable. I do think Diggs is walking into an ideal situation, and has the ability to excel in his role. He just may not have the mental capacity.

@ammo posted:

Texans cancel Digg's final 3 years of his contract. He will become a free agent in 2025.  They also converted $3.5 million guaranteed in 2025 to 2024 which makes his guaranteed money $22.5 million for 2024.

Digg's contract gets cancelled after this season right after Rodgers publicly states he wants to play four more years? I'm not a big math guy but it sounds like Rodgers found his new number 1. Is this a covert 3 way deal or tampering?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.