Skip to main content

@ammo posted:

Great post tit, but here is the thing.  Other GMs don't have to chase Packer coaches and front office staff.  They only have to adopt the Packer Way which will never happen.  They have that greedy impatient owner behind them.   Gutey never has to worry about that with me!!   As an owner I don't care if it takes 2-3 years to get that next Lombardi.  Jerry Jones would never admit to that.

Did the Pack win a Lombardi 2 or 3 years ago?  The last one I remember was in 2011.  That’s using the Packer Way with a HOF QB at the helm for those years.

On Hyde:  An aging player, but a smart one thats a leader and understands how to play the game.  For reference, Eugene Robinson was 33 when GB brought him in from Seattle.  

Last edited by Pakrz
@Pikes Peak posted:

Did the Pack win a Lombardi 2 or 3 years ago?  The last one I remember was in 2011.  That’s using the Packer Way with a HOF QB at the helm for those years.

IMHO we failed to win anther Lombardi because of the HOF QB sucked up too much cap and wanted to play hero ball instead of following what his coaches gave him.

@ammo posted:

Great post tit, but here is the thing.  Other GMs don't have to chase Packer coaches and front office staff.  They only have to adopt the Packer Way which will never happen.  They have that greedy impatient owner behind them.   Gutey never has to worry about that with me!!   As an owner I don't care if it takes 2-3 years to get that next Lombardi.  Jerry Jones would never admit to that.

In all fairness to jerry you probably have more years ahead of you than Jerry does. I assume anyway.

Jerry sees his own mortality - that's the reason for the rush.

@Packy posted:

I wonder how much Hyde has left in the tank?

https://gridironheroics.com/gr...-micah-hyde-reunion/

Not sure.  He and Poyer were cornerstone pieces for the Bills and very well liked by the front office and fans.  He's had neck issues the past couple of years and even expressed his doubts about continuing to play in his final press conference in Buffalo.  I think if he had anything left, they would have kept him.

@titmfatied posted:

The agent seems to be shooting for the moon with every negotiation this cycle and 10 has been more than patient waiting for his opportunity to strike gold. He has every right to ask for every penny the Packers can muster.

It's interesting how much 10 wants to negotiate for is going to affect the near term horizon of the franchise. Grab as much as he can (he has every right to do it) and the pressure will be through the roof on him for every result on the field. The more he leaves on the table for his team mates the more grace he gives himself as a leader sacrificing for the team.

Great comment. Reality is slightly different

Love has been patient, but part of that is contractual - he can't sign a new deal until May. That's 1 year out from his last one

He will get paid, but there is a very strong current from the agency to ask for/demand top $$. Otherwise, the other agencies will use that against them when trying to lure new clients.

" Look at the shitty deal they did for Jordan Love !"

It totally sucks, but that crapola plays a role in these deals and its almost collusion among agents to not take friendly deals.
(Love has the same agency as Rodgers)

I agree 100 % with your comments and that Mr Love won't push it on the $$ front - he knows that's in his best interest. But some of this may be out of his hands so to speak.

The new deal will likely have a favorable structure, but they're gonna need something $$$ to trumpet via their media mouthpieces and a deal that's considered subpar isn't their goal.

I hope Jordan reels them in and reminds them who is calling the shots

Steelers acquire Justin Fields, for 6th round pick, could be a 4th on conditions.

Trade condition update: The 2025 6th-round pick that the Steelers traded to the Bears for Justin Fields will become a 4th-round pick if he plays in 51 percent of the plays this season, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamScheft.../1769133314915389834

Last edited by D J

A 6th that could be a 4th....that's not much value for the Bears.  But they had to get rid of him, no way Fields helps Williams develop.

No idea what the Steelers are doing.  Seems to be the "throwing sh*t at the wall" strategy where they have 2 QBs on cheap one year deals. Guess they see who is the best this year and that's who they sign long-term? 

Russ has an issue though - if Tomlin puts an offense in place that allows Russ to be Russ, I think Fields will be better at it.  Russ wants to get back to his early career of getting out of the pocket, running around, and making plays.  If Tomlin abides, wouldn't Fields be better at that than Russ at this point in their careers? 

Steelers are exempt from Hard Knocks, right?  That'd be an interesting training camp to watch. 

The Steelers want Fields to use his two eyes, two ears, and one mouth to sit, listen, and learn from Wilson, who is on a one-year contract. Wilson's not in their long-term plans; this signals Fields may be. Chicago is a known QB graveyard, and the Steelers hope they can resurrect Fields' career. The Steelers see what Lamar has done and hope that Fields can become even a lesser version of Lamar.  It will be interesting to watch for sure...

Very astute observation.  PIT usually knows what they're doing.  Been flailing post Roethlisberger but they still have good infrastructure in place.  This will be interesting to see unfold.

@Pakrz posted:

On Hyde:  An aging player, but a smart one thats a leader and understands how to play the game.  For reference, Eugene Robinson was 33 when GB brought him in from Seattle.  

My thoughts exactly. The roster could stand some veteran leadership even if you can't expect a guy to play down in and down out. They added Robinson and it was a perfect mix of experience in the middle of the field flanked by raw but talented corners. You got the young talent in McKinney that you hope can assume a leadership role, but another vet at safety could really pull it all together.

Hyde's health is a factor, but it also helps that the guys coming in have yet to taste a title. It might be Jones' biggest regret down the line because GB was probably his best shot. The other advantage is Hyde has proven to be a playmaker and he'd be paired with a younger playmaker at the position. If he's healthy it could pay off handsomely.

@D J posted:

Trade condition update: The 2025 6th-round pick that the Steelers traded to the Bears for Justin Fields will become a 4th-round pick if he plays in 51 percent of the plays this season, per source.

IOW, if Wilson gets hurt. Tells you all you need to know about the market for Fields.

@D J posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamScheft.../1769133314915389834

I wonder where they got that conditional idea from? 🤔

@michiganjoe posted:

AND cost them the Super Bowl with his horrific coverage skills

@Packiderm posted:

My prediction is Wilson gets benched and Fields plays over 50% of the plays.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024...r-for-justin-fields/

Turned down a better offer from a team with established starting QB. 🤔 Wonder if that was the Jets? Maybe the Ravens? Or the Chargers? Fields seems like a guy Harbaugh would like.

Good for Yosh!! The guy was pretty good when playing, especially for a UDFA, and I'm glad he's getting paid. A two-year, $8 million deal with $5M guaranteed and max value $15M.

Last edited by PackLandVA

You'll get Micah Hyde and like it!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.