Skip to main content

@michiganjoe posted:

And he got his 45 per.

@packerboi posted:

He's not coming back. I bet Dallas pays him. He has killed them for years now.

@packerboi posted:

I understand why, at this point in his career, the Packers weren't going to give Jones a 10 mil or more per year contract, which is probably what he wanted.

He was getting pretty banged up and the main reason he played so well late last year was because he missed so many games and had fresh legs.

10 mil for 9 games probably doesn't make any sense.

Aaron Jones was a lot of fun to watch for a lot of years.

His stretch of games to end the 2023 season were among his very best.

That said, I understand the 30 year-old RB wall is a real phenomenon.

However, the GM said Aaron was definitely going to be on the team during a recent press conference, so it is not like Aaron's age was that big a deal at that point.

What changed? Likely the $.

I hope, but do not feel very confident, that with the Jacobs signing the RB position is as good in 2024 as it was in 2023.

I guess RB just became a draft priority.

@michiganjoe posted:

Uge!  Safety spot is what I think needed to be resolved with a top notch vet.

This is not ROTTT's GBP offseason

Last edited by Iowacheese
@packerboi posted:

I understand why, at this point in his career, the Packers weren't going to give Jones a 10 mil or more per year contract, which is probably what he wanted.

He was getting pretty banged up and the main reason he played so well late last year was because he missed so many games and had fresh legs.

All true, but this is a gut punch. A true Packer who is/was a great leader for the young guys as well. Hoping they are still able to bring him back.  If not, I can see him in Dallas,  now that they've lost Pollard.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.