Skip to main content

@RochNyFan posted:

He's damaged goods. Has blown out ACL and Achilles last two years.

How about Poyer? Haven't heard anything about any injuries for him. Also, Nagler and Ben Fennell were talking about Darnell Savage and how he played slot corner in college at Maryland, rather than Safety. Would moving him to slot corner be a better fit, with the Packers, than keeping him at Safety is?

Yes please...

@mrtundra posted:

How about Poyer? Haven't heard anything about any injuries for him. Also, Nagler and Ben Fennell were talking about Darnell Savage and how he played slot corner in college at Maryland, rather than Safety. Would moving him to slot corner be a better fit, with the Packers, than keeping him at Safety is?

I've thought about Poyer, too.  He and Hyde were a great safety combo and really were a key part of the Bills' resurgence.  The only negative is that he is 32 (I think Hyde is 33), so he may be slowing down.  Could add a year or two of stability and leadership to the secondary.

@Chongo posted:

Yes please...

BC guy!  

@Iowacheese posted:

BC guy!  

Simmons had a relatively slow time on the 40, but the rest of his testing showed an athletic safety.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/justin-simmons

Since he's been in the NFL, quite the ball hawk on the back end - collecting a total of 30 INTs in his career to date

https://overthecap.com/player/justin-simmons/4811

Broncos were tight on cap and couldn't justify his paycheck, which was 2x the valuation from Over The Cap. We'll see how he does in FA, lots of teams will be interested.

Simmons endured a LOT of losing in Denver, arriving in 2016 for a 9-7 record - That would prove to be the apex of his bronco career, with 7 consecutive losing seasons to follow and zero playoff games.

Simmons is a damn good safety and even better locker room guy.  Broncos defense has actually been ok the last 4 years which was hard to explain with their overall lack of talent.  I think Simmons on the back end was a big reason why. And he was out for that 70 point performance against Miami, so don't include him in that train wreck.

I'm surprised the Broncos released him. He got paid on his last contract and he's never made the playoffs in his 6 seasons.  I wonder if he'd take a reasonable deal to come be a part of an ascending team that needs defensive leadership.

LB Blake Cashman
- suggested by Andy Herman on his podcast.

6'2 and 235 was a 5th rounder for the Texans.
He played in a defense similar to what Hafley will run, so that's a plus

https://overthecap.com/player/blake-cashman/7948

quite productive as well...OTC valuation came in at $ 7.5M/ yr

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by Satori

One reason to focus on guys that have been released (Simmons, Poyer, Baker, etc.) would be these players would not factor into any compensatory pick formula for the 2025 draft (would be awesome to have extra draft capital for that epic draft in Green Bay).

Boss, that only applies to players hitting free agency at the end of their contract the last day of the current league year. If a player is cut or released before then they are free to sign with anybody. Of course that presumes they actually have been cut or released, paperwork-wise.

Players not on a roster can be signed now, for example both Zach Ertz and Mitch Trubisky have signed with new teams over the past two days.

Last edited by ilcuqui

Philly expected to go in on Simmons. At his age, it might come down to choosing the best opportunity to make a SB run. Which means GB should be in the running at least. He'd be a major upgrade to the secondary.

@artis posted:

Philly expected to go in on Simmons.

Philly just hired Vic Fangio as DC, so they're going to try give him the players he wants for his system. Justin Simmons played for Fangio while Vic was HC in Denver, so they're familiar with one another.

and look what that got him!

time for a change - come get the green in G&G and grab a trophy, live in infamy for the rest of your life

besides, having a Simmons on the team makes me think of Wayne

it's all apart of repeating history, Justin.  come get it

@Tdog posted:

and look what that got him!

time for a change - come get the green in G&G and grab a trophy, live in infamy for the rest of your life

besides, having a Simmons on the team makes me think of Wayne

it's all apart of repeating history, Justin.  come get it

Really feeling that Wayne Simmons' mojo Tdog! Come to GB, Simmons! The vibe is real!

@Iowacheese posted:

BC guy!  

And?

@Satori posted:

LB Blake Cashman
- suggested by Andy Herman on his podcast.

6'2 and 235 was a 5th rounder for the Texans.
He played in a defense similar to what Hafley will run, so that's a plus

https://overthecap.com/player/blake-cashman/7948

quite productive as well...OTC valuation came in at $ 7.5M/ yr

The Jets drafted him in the 5th. He's spent a lot of time on the IL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Cashman

Xavier McKinney comments on potentially signing with Packers in free agency

If the Packers make a deal with McKinney, they can give an assist to Kay Adams. On a recent episode of Up & Adams, she brought up the possibility of McKinney reuniting with former defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley in Green Bay.

McKinney said that he was "intrigued" when he heard the news of the Packers hiring Ansley.

"I didn't know that he was there. I thought he was still with the Chargers," said McKinney. "So when I heard that news, I was kind of intrigued a little bit."

-----------

So.....he's intrigued 🧐🤔

Xavier....this is God speaking.....Come to the Packers 😁

@Boris posted:

Probably just visiting Aunt Jenny 😜

Legal tampering starts Monday. I'm sure he arrived early to experience all of the Applebee's many specials!

Last night I watched a repeat of the vikings vs Broncos game from last November, on the NFL Network. I watched it for two reasons. 1) The vikings lost that game. 2) Safety Justin Simmons played. Simmons covered Hockenson and did a great job in coverage. He forced a few incompletions with his tight coverage on the viking TE. Hard tackler, too. He'd look good in Green and Gold, IMO.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.