Skip to main content

@Goalline posted:

He is old and he has started to miss an awful lot of games. Not like they didn't replace him with a younger talent.

That whole locker room presence thing is overblown, IMO. You mean to tell me all those guys were performing because Aaron Jones was nice to them? I would think they were performing because they want to win and they want to make millions.

Maybe he baked them some cookies and frosted them personally?

@Boris posted:

Houston Texans are 100% going for it.

They got Danielle Hunter

Having your QB and EDGE1 on rookie salaries allows you to do such things.

Siciliano looks like somebody made fun of his ears.

Last edited by DH13
@BrainDed posted:

Nixon is worth 6 mil a year for 3 years but Jones isn't worth 7 mil for 1 year?    Yeaaaaaah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the Gute on that one.

$7M was not offered by Green Bay....they offered $6M from what we've been told and when Rosenpenis balked, they took the offer OFF the table. Andrew Brandt confirmed the Packers have done this in the past with other players.

Read between the lines sir.

Aaron Jones is never making it thru a 17 game season plus playoffs. He just isn't

@Boris posted:

$7M was not offered by Green Bay....they offered $6M from what we've been told and when Rosenpenis balked, they took the offer OFF the table. Andrew Brandt confirmed the Packers have done this in the past with other players.

Aaron Jones is never making it thru a 17 game season plus playoffs. He just isn't

This, and this.....why are some fans always so convinced that if the $ is comparable that current and past players actually want to always play in GB?  We are fans and think that the organization is the shit which is understandable, but let's be realistic in that this isn't true for a lot of people. No matter what Jones said and did publicly to be in the good graces with fans and the community, maybe the reality is that he welcomed a change and a chance to get out.

Blasphemy!!!!'

This, and this.....why are some fans always so convinced that if the $ is comparable that current and past players actually want to always play in GB?  We are fans and think that the organization is the shit which is understandable, but let's be realistic in that this isn't true for a lot of people. No matter what Jones said and did publicly to be in the good graces with fans and the community, maybe the reality is that he welcomed a change and a chance to get out.

Blasphemy!!!!'

Yes. Athletes making millions of dollars that grew up in Texas don't necessarily want to live in Green Bay. Heck, most of us don't want to live full time in Green Bay.

This site (fastpeople.com) is a bit scary in that the amount of information you can find is alarming.

But, if you look at it, Aaron Jones actually bought a place in Miami Beach for 7 million last year. This is definitely him as the middle name is unique (Aaron LaRae Jones).

He's a great teammate and was a great Packer, but if people were thinking he was hanging out at Bay Square in February and March because he wanted to live in Green Bay full-time, they are mistaken.

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.c...G1998803709634357181

@Tschmack posted:

The Nixon signing is really stupid at that price.  Who is his agent?  Maybe he should be NFL Commish or head the NFL players Union.

Best corner my ass.  He was Owens and Ford and Savage more often than vintage Jaire.  Check your eye sight if you think differently.

It really depends on what the new kickoff rules are. If every kickoff now results in a return, returners become a lot more valuable. If the rules don't change, then it seems excessive to pay a guy who then has to decide whether to bring the ball out from 5 yards deep every kickoff.

@Boris posted:

Taking the offer off the table is stupid, sir.    If they didn’t they probably could have had him for 7.

As far as games played, if JJ doesn’t play 17 are you going to call it a bad deal?    FYI, in 5 seasons JJ has only played 17 once.  

@R MaN posted:

Ballentine resigned.

This is an underrated re-signing not only because Ballentine was solid last season while playing over half the snaps on defense. It also clearly helps with CB depth especially with Stokes being a question mark going forward. Now Gute will have more flexibility in the draft with CB being not quite as high of a need.

Last edited by mr21mr21
@Tschmack posted:

Aaron Jones was a dynamic player for the Packers, when healthy.  But he only played 1/3 of the snaps last year.   I don’t think he’s designed to get better or healthier at age 30.

I think it really came down to how much you want to pay a 30 year old RB who has been dinged up lately?  Just my humble opinion but I think one of the reasons the Packers remain relevant over the years is they know its better to let them go one early than one year too late.  Jones was a good locker room guy and definitely Packer people but I do think it was time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.