Skip to main content

@packerboi posted:

Yup...we usually end up getting the shaft on these kind of FA...especially those young and in their prime. We are more of a destination for the ages 27-32 crowd.

@Timmy! posted:

The going rate for most QBs seems to be around $30M-$35M per year. Elite QBs (excluding Watson) are closer to $40M/year. I expect Cousins will be between those numbers.

Cousins wants 45M per.

Assuming both Jacobs and Jones are on this team, this is quite the upgrade from Jones and Dillon:

@MikeGarafolo:   The #Eagles have agreed to terms with RB Saquon Barkley, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

The former #Giants No. 2 overall pick heads down the Turnpike to join the team that served as his rival the last six years.

@AdamSchefter:  Former Packers guard Jon Runyan reached agreement on a three-year deal with the New York Giants for $30 million, including $17 million guaranteed at signing. The deal was confirmed by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Kyle Lincoln.

A few thoughts.

1. Jacobs will look like a very good signing at 6-8 million a year. If it's more than that, I'd question it.

2. Cousins going to the Falcons not only hurts the Vikings competitiveness next year, but it also really affects the Bears. Justin Fields was a logical guy for the Falcons to target in a trade. Now that's not happening. The Steelers are out as a destination too after signing Russell Wilson. It removes two of the most logical trade partners for Chicago.

@DH13 posted:

JJ wasn't good last year.  We'll see how much the LV O had to do with that.

He had a quad injury last year, missed several games and still managed 805 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving. And was on a shitty offense.

In 2022, he was 1st team All-Pro and earned the NFL's rushing title.

Just 26 with good years ahead of him.

We will see what the real money is, but its a great signing for the Packers.

@ilcuqui posted:

@AdamSchefter:  Former Packers guard Jon Runyan reached agreement on a three-year deal with the New York Giants for $30 million, including $17 million guaranteed at signing. The deal was confirmed by agents Drew Rosenhaus and Kyle Lincoln.

Did the Giants scouts actually watch him play? He was JAG.

Good for him, but he was rotating snaps at the end with Rhyan.

10 million a year makes him about 14th or 15th in salary for guards.

I agree.

That's a helluva comp pick - 3rd or 4th round I think

@ilcuqui posted:

@MikeGarafolo:   The #Eagles have agreed to terms with RB Saquon Barkley, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

The former #Giants No. 2 overall pick heads down the Turnpike to join the team that served as his rival the last six years.

Bet he got PAID!

@DH13 posted:

The teams at the top of RD1 need QB's so I don't know who MIN would trade with to get up there.  Maybe they're thinking McCarthy, Nix or Penix.

I think McCarthy is going to go top 5. Someone is going to panic and trade up for him. That team will be Minnesota.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.