Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I will admit to not watching a ton of CBB but a real argument can be made that there are no dominant teams this year and you really could almost pick the field to win.

That being said I think UW will do one of 2 things.  They will either lose in the first round or go on an unexpected sweet 16 run.  I personally think they will be one and done this year.

Just going back to the beginning of the season, that they're even in after a 9-9 start is a miracle. Good experience for a very young roster. 

Last week they get papped around, didn't finish strong. Good experience there too. 

Now Gard has lots of teachable moments, and so Gard has all that he needs to prep them for a strong tournament run. They can beat anyone this weekend. If they advance then cool! If not, more teachable moments...

The Heckler posted:

I will admit to not watching a ton of CBB but a real argument can be made that there are no dominant teams this year and you really could almost pick the field to win.

That being said I think UW will do one of 2 things.  They will either lose in the first round or go on an unexpected sweet 16 run.  I personally think they will be one and done this year.

I am a Badger fan, but no way they get past Xavier.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  Keeping fingers crossed.

ShebPackFan posted:
The Heckler posted:

I am a Badger fan, but no way they get past Xavier.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  Keeping fingers crossed.

I am a Badger fan who lives about 30 minutes from the Xavier campus and nothing would be sweeter than if they beat them.  Will they?  ehh don't think so either but I can hope.

Could it be that the team relaxed after it was clear that Gard was going to get the full time job? They've now played 2.5 games since they posted the job and have not looked good. Particularly Koenig and Hayes. He's 6-27 in the last 2.5 games and 3-15 from the 3 point line.  Hayes is 11-38. 

17 for 65 from your two best players is not going to get it done against anyone. 

If Alvarez would have waited until the end of the season, would Gard still be the guy? 

It's f-ing embarrassing... and it comes down to you "best" players just not showing up. Hayes and Koenig are just just a complete waste of time right now.

Yale wins because their best players show up. Wichita wins with their best player. MTSU wins with their best players leads them to victory.

Show up, boys... That's you Nigel, and you Bronson... 

Music City posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

Hayes has looked very sluggish recently. In the long run, it may be good since there's no way he's an NBA prospect after this. 

He never was. He's Mike Wilkinson. Fine college basketball player, not an NBA player. 

Good point. Imagine how good Wilkinson would have been playing alongside Kaminsky, Dekker, Gasser, T. Jackson, Dukan, and Brust over a 2 year period. Along with Koenig, every player he played with was a 3 point threat. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.