Skip to main content

Packdog posted:

Wow. What happened to Hayes ? 

Too much spotlight in my opinion.

I know it sounds cliche, but hearing him on Rome, it is like, "Just play hoops Nigel." It is not all about you.

Then watching him while the Badgers should have been pulling away, he's just, his head wasn't in the game, and he's standing there while his teammates are hustling around him. 

All he had to do was hold the ball and we win.

What a way to have the season come to an end.  They clearly had this game won.  Had the lead throughout most of the game but turnovers did them in.  Should be a very good team next season yet.  The youngsters will grow, get stronger, and get some reputation. Happ is a superstar in waiting.  Should be a sweet 16 team if not going farther next year. 

ammo posted:

What a way to have the season come to an end.  They clearly had this game won.  Had the lead throughout most of the game but turnovers did them in.  Should be a very good team next season yet.  The youngsters will grow, get stronger, and get some reputation. Happ is a superstar in waiting.  Should be a sweet 16 team if not going farther next year. 

If Happ develops 3 point range (or at least can hit a 15 footer), he'll be a superstar. If not, he'll be a very good college player for all 4 years. 

GBFanForLife posted:

I didn't see a choke. I saw guys playing their asses off and too many turnovers combined with some questionable officiating did them in. If the officials are consistent, no problem. But at the end they seemed to be confused.

The play on which Happ picked up his 3rd foul ended up being huge. It was the charge that was overturned. Not only did it result in 2 points, but it set up a scenario where Happ spent a lot of time on the bench in the last 10 minutes. 

Boneio posted:

"Not really. When you choke in both tournaments, it's not a good year."

At one point they were 9-9.  Surprised everyone with tournament bid.  Then took out a #2 seed.  Not a good year?  Wish I was a Gopher fan.

The comeback was fun, but a terrible loss on the Big-10 tournament and throwing away a game they had won to advance to eight has to be a major disappointment and puts a damper on the regular season. Wisconsin has risen to be a major competitor, not just the "plucky underdog" who makes it once in a while. Their "star" underperformed down the stretch and in the tournament.  The Gard story was nice, but do you think anyone in that locker room is satisfied right now? It was a nice season, was close to being great, but their two best players came up short in the end and let the role players, who played extremely hard, down.

Last edited by Herschel
GBFanForLife posted:

I didn't see a choke. I saw guys playing their asses off and too many turnovers combined with some questionable officiating did them in. If the officials are consistent, no problem. But at the end they seemed to be confused.

Nigel's last turnover, which gave ND the game, was a choke. A very bad decision at the worst possible time kind of defines the word "choke." It happens to the best of them. 

Very proud of the team. It is just heart-wrenching to see them lose like that. It should not have happened that way. You don't try to dribble through 3 guys 10 feet from the opponent's basket. They were about to foul him.

Last edited by Pistol GB
Pistol GB posted:

Nigel's last turnover, which gave ND the game, was a choke. A very bad decision at the worst possible time kind of defines the word "choke." It happens to the best of them. 

Pathetic. Choke? or doing what he was supposed to do, Dribble, get the foul call or make a pass off the dribble. Do you want him just to stand there and give the ball up after 5 seconds?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.