Skip to main content

Chancellor was only a difference maker because he had Earl Thomas next to him, who was actually a difference maker. Burnett has more tackles, more sacks, more INTs, and the same number of deflections as Chancellor through the same career span.

Last edited by Grave Digger
Eye Heart Green & Gold posted:
Fandame posted:You gonna pay any of those three the average of the top five QB salaries like you'd have to do if they franchise any of them? Here's what that looks like -- Stafford: $135 million over five years (which starts next year); Flacco, $24.55 million/year; Palmer, $24.125 million; Cousins, $23.93 million; Ryan, $23.75 million; Rodgers, $20.3 million. 

Absolutely.  $23M isn’t anything to a team in good cap shape for a one year prove it on Case. 

I mean, he’s only went 13-3 and has them in the NFCCG.....he’s no Brett Hundley but, you can’t have everything.

He’s already outplayed everybody on that list this year.

Actually, franchise tag for QBs this year will be about 35 million. I hope you pay that to all 3.

Bridgewater might be the only one to take a 1 yr prove it deal. Then, he'll play well enough with that D and Cook returning that they'll lock him up long term for + $20mm/yr. Unfortunately, as shown yesterday, the D may not be all that and eventually you need a QB to make plays.

Fandame posted:

I think their D was a sham anyway. They were strong, but not that strong. Most of their stats were built against mediocre teams.

That's most of the NFL - mediocre teams (or worse).

Last edited by PackLandVA

Hundley got Dom fired.  Previous to AR-IR the defense's calling card was making mediocre QB's great but he got away with it because 12 could outscore the other guys.   When 7 started playing he made mediocre D's look great and that combination was the tipping point for the whole operation.

Grave Digger posted:

All of them will go back to being average QBs when Pat Shurmur isn’t calling the plays. 

I agree, of the three prior to his injury Bridgewater was the most mobile of the group and probably the calmest under duress, important traits,  in the modern NFL.  However, unless he had an arm transplant during his rehab that noodle he owns likely gets exposed whenever he goes out doors, same flaw for Keenum.  Bradford can chuck it and he has real skills but is Lynn Dickey II. and that offensive line was often exposed this year in spite of 11 or 12 dome games.  I suspect that when the rubber meets the road they roll with Keenum, and Teddy finds a warm weather team that sucks and goes on a one year deal!  Bradford I have NFI and I can't find a match for him.  

Honestly, Bradford would be a good, veteran backup QB for Rodgers.  He clearly is not cut out to be a starting QB given his injury history/availability.  But, he may be holding out hope that he will get yet another shot at being a starter.  He's accurate and has good arm strength. 

Personally. I’d prefer GB drafts a permanent long term fix at RT and Philbin installs an offense predicated on timing and balance with two really good looking kids at RB. 

Reduce the stress on Rodgers. And the number of hits he takes. 

Id do those things first before finding a suitable backup. Not saying GB doesn’t need to address the backup position. They clearly do. Just don’t work the problem backwards. 

Deep Oline is a need, but Bradford as a backup would be excellent. Yes, he's had the health issues but before last year he held up behind an Oline in Minny that had him getting killed every week. As a spot starter, Bradford, behind even a decent line, would keep a team in the hunt.  

In terms of talent, Bradford is a good backup, but in terms of health and reliability he'd be a terrible one.  That knee just doesn't seem like it can hold up for very long.  If it could, he'd be a good player, but the bottom line is, it hasn't held up recently and he isn't getting any younger. 

Didn't say he was worth $23 mill. No one is going to pay him $23 mill. He is a free agent. Well, maybe the Vikings will pay him. They're probably going to pay either Bradford or Keenum that much. But as a backup for reasonable dough, GB could -- and has -- done worse than Bradford.

MM has twice failed his team when Rodgers was lost for a prolonged period. 

Sam Bradford is 34-45-1 as a starting QB. He’s never had a winning record (unless you count his 2-0 2017 season). He’s never thrown more than 21 TDs in a season.  He went 7-8 with the same team that just played a title game with his backup. 

Nothing says Sam Bradford is a suitable backup in GB until MM gets his own house in order. And even then I don’t think Sam brings anything to the table. 

ChilliJon posted:

Personally. I’d prefer GB drafts a permanent long term fix at RT and Philbin installs an offense predicated on timing and balance with two really good looking kids at RB. 

Truth be told, ARod has taken quite a beating over the last couple of years. Even if he wants to play another 5+ years, he may not be able to without some O-line stability.
I think we have enough interior guys to have adequate, if not good, Guards, but definitely need another starting-caliber T with depth that isn't Barclay, Newhouse, or Spriggs.
McCray, Murphy, and/or Patrick should make good 'swing' backups at either position if they don't develop enough to be a starter.
I'm not as impressed by Linsley as the Packers are, but we need an adequate backup there. Maybe a new long snapper?

Timmy! posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Truth be told, ARod has taken quite a beating over the last couple of years. Even if he wants to play another 5+ years, he may not be able to without some O-line stability.
I think we have enough interior guys to have adequate, if not good, Guards, but definitely need another starting-caliber T with depth that isn't Barclay, Newhouse, or Spriggs.
McCray, Murphy, and/or Patrick should make good 'swing' backups at either position if they don't develop enough to be a starter.
I'm not as impressed by Linsley as the Packers are, but we need an adequate backup there. Maybe a new long snapper?

Much of the beatings he’s taken are born out of progressing through 5 reads and then turning that into positive yards. Some of that is absolutely on Aaron for wanting a bigger play when something easy was there to begin with. 

At some point Brady decided that Edelman underneath for 7 yards beat a 300lb DE on top of you. 

Rodgers has to be getting close to that point. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.