Skip to main content

Not planning to protest. So let’s sign him Gute:

Reid, who was watching his brother Justin at Stanford’s Pro Day, also said that he’s not planning to continue taking a knee when and if he does sign with a team for the 2018 season.

“I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country to improve on,” Reid said

PackerPatrick posted:

Another slot WR. Well at least he has size some speed and experience. I hope he is fully recovered and over his recent surgery's.

If signed Aaron might be throwing the ball a bit higher this year.

Matthews isn't a slot WR. 6'3" 220lb with 4.46 speed. He's outside material. He just needs two things. Health and a QB. He hasn't much of either in his NFL career. He'd get one in GB. And probably less of the other. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
ChilliJon posted:

If someone that shouldn't have ever been available at 14 isn't available at 14. Given the FA acquisitions. Isn't it starting to feel like GB might listen to offers to trade down from that 14th pick? Maybe pick up an additional 2nd rounder? 

These FA moves have certainly opened up some options.

Honestly, I think it might be the other way around.  If a truly coveted player is within reach, go up.  Don't have to rely on every pick filling a need. 

Henry posted:
ChilliJon posted:

If someone that shouldn't have ever been available at 14 isn't available at 14. Given the FA acquisitions. Isn't it starting to feel like GB might listen to offers to trade down from that 14th pick? Maybe pick up an additional 2nd rounder? 

These FA moves have certainly opened up some options.

Honestly, I think it might be the other way around.  If a truly coveted player is within reach, go up.  Don't have to rely on every pick filling a need. 

IMO. The only guy worth going up to get is Quenton becasuse everything about him screams perennial All Pro interior lineman. Otherwise I say let the draft fall in your lap and take the BPA for seven rounds and 12 picks. Especially if they land Matthews and Reid on the cheap. 

Pakrz posted:

I support any player's choice to exercise his first amendment right to express himself by kneeling.

I also support my choice to exercise my first amendment right by stating he's a disrespectful puke for doing it.

And I support my choice to exercise my first amendment right by stating you're utterly out-of-line for ascribing motives to an action he has clearly stated he doesn't have.

ChilliJon posted:
PackerPatrick posted:

Another slot WR. Well at least he has size some speed and experience. I hope he is fully recovered and over his recent surgery's.

If signed Aaron might be throwing the ball a bit higher this year.

Matthews isn't a slot WR. 6'3" 220lb with 4.46 speed. He's outside material. He just needs two things. Health and a QB. He hasn't much of either in his NFL career. He'd get one in GB. And probably less of the other. 

I wondered about that term for him myself. But thats what he has been called.  I like that he is being considered regardless of his injury history.

PackerPatrick posted:

D. Randall on NFLN said he is moving back to his Natural" position of Safety.

I dont think Gute will bring FA's that dont fit the system the coaching staff wants like TT did.

And Rollins is probably a better fit at safety, and Hyde is a better fit at safety... shocker, some of us were saying that for quite a while. 

packerboi posted:

BTW, hilarious James Jones is scooping everyone on Packers moves. 

Gute is movin' and shakin' in FA. Something Ted should have been doing for years. 

I have to say that even if these moves dont all pan out at least the guy is using the system.  Jordan Matthews is a decent player and if he can stay healthy that move will be a good one.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.