Skip to main content

Fandame posted:

Gute shows that he's not going to stand pat with what we've had for years. Signing Matthews shows Geronimo, Davis, Clark, Yancey, et al, that coaches/GM are not satisfied with WRs and are willing to shake things up. They've been put on notice as has the entire D.

I really hope this is true.
I (and others) have kvetched about accountability for both players and coaches, and I think Gute started this year with a sharp pencil.
I have thought there is a logjam at certain positions that need to be cleared, and WR, as you mentioned, is a good example. No matter how 'intriguing' their potential is, if they can't develop and challenge the starters, let's get somebody who can. And it's time for the annual Janis! debate, but let's save that for another thread.
OL is another one. They majority of depth seems to be skewed towards G, and then are forced to play out of position when injuries happen at T. The fact that the guy we drafted to play T is close to busting isn't helping, but the point is there are plenty of OL on the roster, but are they the right ones?
In spite of their current state, the mess in the DB needs to get cleaned up. Too many players with too little experience, and the ones with experience are House and Heyward. Surely we can do better.

Dez can be pretty much uncoverable when he’s focused. He’s just his own worse enemy. Goes to the sideline screaming at everyone he’s not being involved. Goes back on the field and drops an easy pass to kill a drive. Quietly walks back to the sideline and finds a seat on the bench. No idea how many times that scenario has played out during his career. 

No denying his talent though. 

Breaux is interesting. Played very well in 2015, but has been beset by leg injuries the past two seasons. Won’t cost much, and if healthy, would be a nice addition. https://t.co/FOnT3nes4i

— Michael Rodney (@PackersNotes) March 24, 2018

Last edited by packerboi

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.