Skip to main content

Grave Digger posted:

Teddy Check Down isn't a starting QB in this league, but he's a better, more decisive QB that any of the 3 we currently have. All I'm saying is if they threw a 7th rounder at the Jets for Teddy to be our #2 I wouldn't be upset. I'd rather roll the dice with him than with the INT machines we have...2 wins, 34 INTs in 26 games between the 2 of them. Aaron Rodgers has averaged .5 INT per game over 13 years, these bums average an INT ever 23 passes.

Fair enough.  I'll give you he's better than Hundley or Kizer... 

Pakrz posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Teddy Check Down isn't a starting QB in this league, but he's a better, more decisive QB that any of the 3 we currently have. All I'm saying is if they threw a 7th rounder at the Jets for Teddy to be our #2 I wouldn't be upset. I'd rather roll the dice with him than with the INT machines we have...2 wins, 34 INTs in 26 games between the 2 of them. Aaron Rodgers has averaged .5 INT per game over 13 years, these bums average an INT ever 23 passes.

I would say the book is not writtenon Kizer, yet.

Randall is more then likely gone in 2019 but this makes sense in 2018:

Although Cobb is due around $9.5 million this season and continues to recover from offseason ankle surgery, the Packers are lacking in experience at receiver, and the 28-year-old former second-round pick is currently the team’s oldest and most experienced player at the position.

GrainBelt66 posted:
Pakrz posted:
Grave Digger posted:

I concur.  At this point in time, Bridgewater might be more polished, but with proper development, I think Kizer's ceiling is much higher given his physical tools.  He made a mistake leaving ND a year early, then was put in a terrible position last year with Cleveland. 

RochNyFan posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:
Pakrz posted:
Grave Digger posted:

I concur.  At this point in time, Bridgewater might be more polished, but with proper development, I think Kizer's ceiling is much higher given his physical tools.  He made a mistake leaving ND a year early, then was put in a terrible position last year with Cleveland. 

I concur with this. Cleveland has been a hellhole for QBs for a long time.

michiganjoe posted:
DH13 posted:

Kumerow is 26 but has zero game experience with AR.  

He's got zero game experience period. Puzzling that some fans are in favor of keeping him and cutting Allison.

Disagree on this. He's shown enough in preseason games to convince me he'd be productive. No Davante Adams, but see what he does when the fifth best CB on a D is covering him.

YATittle posted:
michiganjoe posted:
DH13 posted:

Kumerow is 26 but has zero game experience with AR.  

He's got zero game experience period. Puzzling that some fans are in favor of keeping him and cutting Allison.

Disagree on this. He's shown enough in preseason games to convince me he'd be productive. No Davante Adams, but see what he does when the fifth best CB on a D is covering him.

Shown enough in preseason should never be justification really for anything concerning the regular season.  With Cobb gone, it could be the 4th or 3rd CB covering him which he probably didn't even see this preseason.  I like the guy and think there is a place for him at #4 or #5 but that is with Cobb in the game.

If Cobb stays healthy along with Adams/Graham, Cobb should get plenty of favorable match ups. Adams should consistently draw the #1. Graham will get the 2.

That means Cobb and/or Allison will get their 3rd/4th best CB OR get a safety or a LB at times. No reason Cobb shouldn't be able to take advantage of that. He's not where he was in 2013. But he should be able to beat out a 4th CB. 

I agree with the security blanket angle.  If the Packers had a shiny new #1 or #2 pick doing well in camp, okay.  But the reality is all of those guys were drafted mid to low rounds, if drafted at all, for a reason.  If all of them are overwhelmed what do you have left in the chamber?  Adams, Graham and Lewis can't do everything.  

Think we’re selling Marcedes Lewis short in all these matchups. 

Cobbs value to Rodgers is when the pocket breaks down. Cobb is a wizard and running to the open spot in the direction Rodgers is running. He thinks like a QB when his QB is running for his life looking for a lifeline. How many times has Cobb been on the end of a Red Zone TD while Rodgers is improvising? The majority of those catches he’s actually running towards AR when he catches it. 

EQ or Kumerow can be that guy. Maybe a better version. Do they love football like Cobb and do they have that kind of football IQ though? 

The entire discussion of what a player is worth is fascinating to me. Fans look at stats and salary and determine worth without the factor of value. That play in Chicago with Cobb is such a great example because it also involved a highly compensated FB that didn’t really provide much production but slid over immediately and got just enough of Peppers so Rodgers could find Cobb who spotted Conte squatting 7 yards deep on 4th and 8. What’s the value in that?

Cobb isn’t worth $9.5 million per year based on stats. His value within the offense still is IMO. You never know when the value of that kind of IQ might help tilt an important game.

Last edited by ChilliJon

Right said, Fred.

I think M-class will be much more than a 6th OL in this offense.  If he were TE#1 I'd scratch him to have a tougher time finding or creating creases down the seam.  But if you've got Jolly Green Graham lined up off the other T with 17 to his other side, Lewis is going to find some really favorable circumstances when it comes time for him to lay a route.  And he is no slouch as a receiver.  Big soft mitts on the ends of those 4ft arms.

Last edited by DH13
michiganjoe posted:
Henry posted:

I'm thinking he'll get plenty of opportunities this year.  At least I hope he does.

A bit risky and the QB wouldn't be happy, but if a team was willing to overpay for Cobb I'd roll the dice this year.

If it meant we could have Mack, I would give him up for the keys to Jaymo's mom's basement...well, Jaymo's bedroom.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.