Skip to main content

That would be nice, but I wonder if it's really CM3 who may not remain. I know it would put a crimp in the LB corps, but he's been hurt a lot and hasn't really been much of an impact player of late. He may be the one who has to restructure if he wants to stay.

CM3 is still an impact player.  The D clearly suffers without him on the field whether that shows up in the stats or not.  He's not what he used to be but he is still a very important piece.

Wow on Wilkerson though I would be wary of his work ethic.

Last edited by DH13
DH13 posted:

CM3 is still an impact player.  The D clearly suffers without him on the field whether that shows up in the stats or not.  He's not what he used to be but he is still a very important piece.

Wow on Wilkerson though I would be wary of his work ethic.

I agree. Sounds like a cancer.

I won't go 'cancer' on Wilkerson.  I'd be up front and let him know we'll give you a fair contract with a lot of incentives because your history right now indicates you need to be hungry to produce.  I'd make the contract easy to dump him within the first year.  I'd be telling him you'll have to prove it.  If he's good with all that, let's see.  If he's offended by such an offer, cya!

Who says Wilkerson would be a malcontent if he was playing for a team that is a legit SB contender every year?? I gotta be honest, if I was playing for the Jets, and was losing that much, I'd be a malcontent too.

michiganjoe posted:

He's referring to Wilkerson.

That's not Rapoport's twitter account I don't think. He's @Rapsheet, this one is @PrimeJordy...fake account

At this point, we have to trust the new Braintrust to make decisions that are a combo platter of Win Now and Financially Responsible to maximize the continued tenure of 12.

I believe AR understands that too.  I also believe that any Defensive player worth a squat and is a FA, and wants to in their heart win a ring, understands that too.

I would hope Gute realizes this and takes maximum advantage of his leverage.  I would also hope that anyone of quality realizes their opportunity with the GBP.  

I do realize what happens when you hope in one hand and wish in the other, but that's why Gute has the big chair now.  I would presume there's work going on behind the scene to assist.

All I can say is, "It is time!".

skilled rosita

Attachments

Images (1)
  • skilled rosita
Last edited by Cavetoad

It'd be pretty ridiculous if they kept Cobb and Jordy.  With Adams new contract, it would give those three a total cap hit of $36m.  The three are numbers 10, 11 and 16 cap hits at WR for 2018.  No way that happens.  

Former Viking (not quite good enough for Zim Tzu) and recent Panther safety Kurt Coleman signs 3 year deal with the Saints.

The Packers, unsure if they will make an offer to free agent safety Morgan Freeman, could have used the services of Coleman who recently tallied 7 interceptions in one year.

Not sure if Gooberkunst actually knew Coleman was available.

Muhammad Wilkerson expected to visit Packers

The Jets announced the release of defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson last week and it looks like we know what his first stop will be as he tries to find a new team for the 2018 season.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Wilkerson is expected to make a visit to Green Bay to kick off his job search.

Wilkerson played for new Packers defensive coordinator Mike Pettine when Pettine held the same job with the Jets during Wilkerson’s first two NFL seasons. That would provide some familiarity for Wilkerson in a new home and, if he signed with the Packers, return him to working with someone from better days after closing his Jets tenure with two down years.

The Packers are expected to focus attention on building up their defense following the departure of defensive coordinator Dom Capers at the end of the 2017 season. New General Manager Brian Gutekunst has indicated that the team will be more aggressive in free agency than they were when Ted Thompson was running the personnel department.

We rarely have a chance to get a "difference maker" like Wilkerson. A two time all-pro, has had 10 sacks in a season, rated the 39th best player by his peers in 2015(?). Petting knows him well  must feel that he can motivate him, this would be huge for us. 

I would not be disappointed if Wilkerson signed but this is definitely "buyer beware" when Wilkerson came out of Temple a lot of my old college buddies were all over this guy and Pettine helped make him a stud.  If reports that he wants to play for a winner then great!!   Maybe he will be like CWood and resurrect his career- but not M-Bennett I want to play for a winner (and get PAID) the Albert Haynesworth mode!!

All depends on the money. Wilkerson's value is probably as low as it's ever been and he really didn't turn into a turd until he got big money, so if they buy low and he's hungry to earn another big deal then I'm all for it. Those years he spent earning that big contract were outstanding, he was an absolute beast. 

CUPackFan posted:

It'd be pretty ridiculous if they kept Cobb and Jordy.  With Adams new contract, it would give those three a total cap hit of $36m.  The three are numbers 10, 11 and 16 cap hits at WR for 2018.  No way that happens.  

Correct. Unfortunately for Cobb, there is a slew of slot WR's who are free agents this year. And in Green Bay, they are also log jammed at slot WR with Monty, Cobb, the current version of Jordy and even Geronimo Allison. 

Unless Cobb takes a major pay cut, I can't see him as a Packer in 2018. The Packers could easily find a younger, cheaper vet FA WR and wipe Cobb's inflated salary off the books. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.