Skip to main content

packerboi posted:

Not holding my breath, but then again, Dom is no longer in charge...

Let's break this tweet down.

1) "a lot different player".  Okay.

2) "there's a high sense of urgency for me to produce".  Gooblygook will actually cut your ass.  Can't even remember how many times I've heard this from scrubs.

3) "Late bloomer", "unproven", "need to see emerge"

I'm sold. 

michiganjoe posted:

Kumerow = This year's Max McCaffrey

More polished than the rookie wideouts but with very limited upside.

I think the "upside" factor is actually a detriment to positive roster building (see: Vanillaface RunFastGuy).  

If the guy can ball at this level his upside is plenty good.  Kumerow  or another  guy could be a TC wonder but what's the difference between putting a guy with limited upside who does all the right things vs. super wonder boy riding pine?  As long as they are CORRECTLY EVALUATED (Hundley sucks) a baller is a baller.  

The next obvious question is do the evaluators have any upside? 

I'm not clutching my pearls over any of these guys simply because measuring "potential" isn't exactly a strong suit for this coaching staff.

Last edited by Henry
michiganjoe posted:

More polished than the rookie wideouts but with very limited upside.

Limited upside? The guy is 6’4, has impressive 4.54 speed for his size, runs good routes and picked up GB’s system better than his competitors in camp (so he has the smarts and/or instincts). What’s limited?

Sometimes it seems those kind of cliches get tossed around for no reason. What do you mean? He looks like a beast and a baller to me.

(If you Google his name, there are some highlights from Cincinnati showing decent RAC ability too, so don’t say RAC.)

Last edited by Pistol GB

Someone will get hurt this training camp, so depth will mater.  

6'5" and fast, might have learned something about being a WR on practice squads.  Probably going to be his gunner work on ST that sets him apart.  If he can catch in traffic in the Red Zone, that makes a huge difference as well.  

I still the Geronimo is the one that surprisingly doesn't make the team.  Doesn't mean Jake makes the team either.  But Gute does seem to like his WR competition.  

fightphoe93 posted:

The Kumerow/Bosa family is interesting as all of them descend from one of the more notorious Mobsters of a bygone era Tony Accardo nicknamed "Joey Batters".  He was a guy that allegedly killed 3 persons with a baseball bat.

If McCarthy cuts this guy, maybe he should invest in keeping a bodyguard around for a few weeks post cut?   

Interesting!

Goalline posted:
Fedya posted:
Thunderbird posted:
DH13 posted:

horse>>>>>>>>cart

So the horse is a lot greater than the cart?    

Nobody wants to be hung like a cart now, do they?

Not even sure what that means, but it made me laugh.

If you were hung like a horse you'd know.

Apparently, the etymology is from the Bible: Ezekiel 23:20.  Somebody ought to go to a game with that on a sign instead of "John 3:16".

Ghost of Lambeau posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

I still the Geronimo is the one that surprisingly doesn't make the team.  Doesn't mean Jake makes the team either.  But Gute does seem to like his WR competition.  

AR said in an interview that Geronimo will "make some big plays for us this year".  I don't think he is going anywhere.  

OK, then he'll probably be the one who gets hurt

Fedya posted:
Goalline posted:
Fedya posted:
Thunderbird posted:
DH13 posted:

horse>>>>>>>>cart

So the horse is a lot greater than the cart?    

Nobody wants to be hung like a cart now, do they?

Not even sure what that means, but it made me laugh.

If you were hung like a horse you'd know.

Apparently, the etymology is from the Bible: Ezekiel 23:20.  Somebody ought to go to a game with that on a sign instead of "John 3:16".

After reading most of your posts I wish were hung like Saddam.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.