Skip to main content

Brak posted:

http://www.wisconsinsportstalk...for-taysom-hill.2105

Who thinks Boyle will be lost eventually, just because Kizer is a "first round talent"?

I do.  I just watched as much as I could of him, about 2 hours worth.  What a cannon.

Here's a question:  If Rodgers gets hurt again, does it truly matter which of the three currently behind him steps in?

No.  Get better.  Because...get better.

Was not impress with either Brett or Deshone last night. 

Rookie WRs have speed no doubt, consistency in catching the ball was an issue. The DBs has some really tight coverage which was nice.

Dline looked legit even without Daniels. 

Brak posted:

Who thinks Boyle will be lost eventually, just because Kizer is a "first round talent"?

I do.  I just watched as much as I could of him, about 2 hours worth.  What a cannon.

Here's a question:  If Rodgers gets hurt again, does it truly matter which of the three currently behind him steps in?

No.  Get better.  Because...get better.

I'm fine with Kizer sticking around as long as that means Hundley gets the hook, making room for a real development candidate.  Hundley is done.  He's had 3 years to develop and he sucks, a lot.  I have no clue why this stiff is even on the roster at this point.  The fact he is speaks to a guy like Boyle being on the outside. 

This is another test for Gerblyturds as you know MM will stick with that waste of a roster spot. 

Last edited by Henry

You keep Hundley around for camp and pre-seasons games because you don't want to play AR12 much if at all,  you can't risk injury to Kizer by playing him the whole game if you want him to be the back up and you don't want to show what Boyle can do if you want to hide him on the practice squad.   Hence, Hundley will be around until the final cutdown day. 

Brak posted:

I do.  I just watched as much as I could of him, about 2 hours worth.  What a cannon

I was mostly watching the Brewers so only caught a little bit of Boyle.  I saw him throw a perfect pass that was dropped by the 4th round WR Moore.   I'll definitely be interested to see how he does in some real game action.

Pre-season overall sucks, but the thing that can make it fun are if unknowns like Boyle can show something when they get their shot.

ammo posted:

You keep Hundley around for camp and pre-seasons games because you don't want to play AR12 much if at all,  you can't risk injury to Kizer by playing him the whole game if you want him to be the back up and you don't want to show what Boyle can do if you want to hide him on the practice squad.   Hence, Hundley will be around until the final cutdown day. 

Disagree with that entire statement.  They're backups.  They are supposed to play and develop and see what they've have for potential.  Having Hundley around as a proverbial punching bag is just stupid.  Why give him a bunch of reps if he's dead weight?  Who gives a **** about risking injury to Kizer?  He hasn't proven anything in the first place.  Boyle, you're making the assumption that he's worth stashing on the practice squad.  If they think that highly of him they should put him on the roster instead of the PS.  The place to start would be getting rid of Hundley. 

Boyle has a big arm.  Great, can he play the position at a high level?  He went undrafted for a reason.  Kizer is the backup.  Who cares?  No one.  We're trying to justify him as an upgrade to Hundley because he essentially cost a 1st round draft pick.  

There should be more concern about a certain dumbass GOC lobbying to keep that stiff Hundley on the roster in the first place and wondering why his QB evaluations would actually hold water.

Last edited by Henry

A. Hundley has had 2 years. His 2nd season was lost to an early camp injury.

B. Does not excuse his complete lack of development to this point.

C. Hundley is gone next Friday or soon after if Boyle handles the speed of the NFL game on Thursday. McCarthy is stubborn, but he ain't stupid.

fightphoe93 posted:

I was mostly watching the Brewers so only caught a little bit of Boyle.  I saw him throw a perfect pass that was dropped by the 4th round WR Moore.   I'll definitely be interested to see how he does in some real game action.

I read a comment by Moore that he was glad to get the practice under the lights so he knows what to expect next time.  He made it sound as if they had trouble tracking the ball against the lights at Lambeau. 

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13

McCarthy discussing the secondary: "We haven't had that much depth around here in quite some time. ... I'm very pleased with the way our secondary looks."

With Thompson and Capers gone, fun to hear what MM, ARod, and some others really thought about the team the past couple of years.

63 yards with a hang-time of 5.22  

Yeah, well....it's hot out.....

Let's see how he does in the LaBrea Tar Pits for kickers known as Lambeau field once it gets a little chilly out & that football is like kicking a frozen turkey

michiganjoe posted:

Murphy is apparently taking over for Bakh. Still looking for some indication the move up to take Spriggs was a shrewd one.

It wasn't.  At this point we'd be happy if he was a capable backup.

michiganjoe posted:

63 yards with a hang-time of 5.22  

Maybe Gute was right to be impressed...

King and Alexander didn’t practice today. Sounds like they both tweaked things at Family night.

King injury is troubling. He injured his other shoulder last year in camp. Never got better until GB finally had to shut him down. According to Ryan Wood the secondary didn’t look nearly as good in practice today with those two on the shelf.  

Great. Start getting the basics of a good secondary and they're on the bench with owies. If it's not one guy, it's another...

Maybe they should make Opie kick with balls that have been stored for 24 hours in an ice bath. That way the coaches can determine if he's really worth hanging on to or not.  

RODGERS: 

Well they're just so multiple; they have a lot of different pressures and types of pressures," Rodgers said. "This may sound -- I don't know how it's going to sound. They're giving you pressures where they can actually get home. We haven't had that issue in a while, where they scheme up pressures to have a free guy on the play."

Rodgers takes a subtle shot at the former DC...

All the rookie rookies have had their moments — good and bad — but today Equanimeous St. Brown has shown what kind of weapon he could be, especially on the boundary. He seems to run the out route well and caught one from Aaron Rodgers and then they ran a WR screen for him, too.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Last edited by michiganjoe

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.