Skip to main content

ChilliJon posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

Some longevity is necessary though.  Lots of guys had a stretch of one or two seasons.  

Bo Jackson was a blast to watch for a short time, but he's not HOF

I need to fact check this a lot more. But I believe Bo is the only RB to have 3 carries over 85 yards in the history of Football. During his 5 year hobby. 

Good point, I forgot about the "three carries over 85 yards" rule

Adrian Peterson would be a HOF lock if the threshold was set at 80.  

fightphoe93 posted:

If there's some Hall Of Fame for general athletic freaks, Bo Jackson would be my first choice to be elected in.  I agree he just didn't accomplish enough to make it in the NFL HOF.  Incredible shining star for a brief moment, still haven't seen an athlete of that caliber enter the NFL since Bo was injured in '90 playoffs.

Agreed, but then I never really got the chance to see Jim Brown and Ernie Davis play.

ilcuqui posted:

Packersnews.com is live blogging today's first practice. 

http://live.packersnews.com/Ev...ackers_training_camp

Good stuff there already, including this from MM's first pre-practice presser:

McCarthy says he doesn't think there's a threat for Nick Perry (ankle) and Bryan Bulaga (knee) to miss the start of the season.

With NFL Sunday Ticket, there is no excuse for anyone to miss a single second of the start of the season.

OMG there is teaching going on. Learn your assignments!

From live blogs:

Pettine playing QB in the team defense walk through. Haven’t seen that before. No throwing, just ordering offensive guys to shift to see how defense reacts.

Pettine putting defense through drill working strictly on assignments off of offensive personnel shifts. No running. No snap of the ball. Never saw this under Dom.

ilcuqui posted:

OMG there is teaching going on. Learn your assignments!

From live blogs:

Pettine playing QB in the team defense walk through. Haven’t seen that before. No throwing, just ordering offensive guys to shift to see how defense reacts.

Pettine putting defense through drill working strictly on assignments off of offensive personnel shifts. No running. No snap of the ball. Never saw this under Dom.

Jesus ****q.  Does he think this is pop warner?  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.