Skip to main content

@Henry posted:

Just another reason this training camp sucks.  Everything gets put through the fluff apparatus with no one to call bullshit.  Need some Bad Bob.

Go peruse Michael Rodney (Packernotes) on Twitter. A steady diet of negative Nelly if you ever need a fix. And once in awhile, a decent take. That is if you can shake the bitters off of it and recognize it as such 

@RobDemovsky
Packers worked out five DBs and a TE Thursday:
CB Lorenzo Doss (former Broncos fifth-round pick in 2015).
CB Dee Delaney (Miami).
CB Rojesterman Farris (Hawaii).
CB Ashton Lampkin (Oklahoma St.)
S Innis Gaines (TCU).
TE Matthew Wilkerson (Edward Waters

@ReinerOlivia
 The Packers are moving this morning's practice to the Hutson Center due to the rain. Practice starting at 10:10 a.m.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer                                                                                 4m ago

With Rick Wagner practicing for the first time since Aug. 20, the Packers will get another two weeks to look at him and decide whether he or Billy Turner is the best option at right tackle. It would seem Lane Taylor (still unbeaten in 1-on-1s) has played his way back into a starting guard job but do they have a capable RT?

Ya, probably more fluff, but it's fairly clear this kid is working his ass off. I do not know what this will translate to but I have no doubt Gary is going to try all he can to live up to his 1st round selection. 

@skully posted:

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer                                                                                 4m ago

With Rick Wagner practicing for the first time since Aug. 20, the Packers will get another two weeks to look at him and decide whether he or Billy Turner is the best option at right tackle. It would seem Lane Taylor (still unbeaten in 1-on-1s) has played his way back into a starting guard job but do they have a capable RT?

That's a huge boost getting Taylor back into form (hopefully).  Having Wagner and Turner fighting it out for just RT makes things a bit more palatable. 

@packerboi posted:

Ya, probably more fluff, but it's fairly clear this kid is working his ass off. I do not know what this will translate to but I have no doubt Gary is going to try all he can to live up to his 1st round selection. 

Even back at Michigan, Gary had a bit of the "look like Tarzan, plays like Jane" thing going on. One of the scouting reports out of the draft previews captured it best. An enormous string of positives mostly on what a freakish athlete he was, but he just hadn't put it together in a game yet. Maybe the switch is finally flipped, or maybe this is all just a continuation of college. 

https://walterfootball.com/sco...greport2019RGary.php

Weaknesses:

• Lack of production in college
  • Can be more disruptive than productive
  • Shoulder injury from junior year
  • Was streaky at times
  • Could use more pass-rushing moves for the NFL

@PackerHawk posted:

True. Neither of them are Bulaga but hopefully at least one of them can be a Tauscher or close to it and then you have a backup that's not going to be a disaster if the starter goes down. I'm pulling for Wagner because he's not Billy Turner.  

Veldeer filled in nicely for Bulaga. Veldeer has been making overtures to GB that he is ready to play and wants back in. It might not be a bad idea to sign him for RT. I'd feel better with him at RT. Let Wagner and Turner duke it out for the depth chart.

Last edited by mrtundra

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.