Skip to main content

@PackerHawk posted:

Still dead five years later.

I just looked it up and now I get it.  It was on AOL the other day and I guess it was just clickbait. It was hook,line and sinker for me ha ha. I did not realize it was five years ago. Why would they do that like that. I forgive you guys I deserved it all. Ha Ha Ha.  Come on ,I can take it .     

I googled it.   R.I.P. Terry Glenn

Last edited by The Grinder
@packerboi posted:

Imagine a really good slot WR paired with him or a real TE (a young Jarred Cook/JerMichael Finley) type. This offense would turn around in a hurry, even with Jordan Love at the helm.

We have a dynamite slot at Fresno State this year who is going to be drafted...Nikko Remigio...was a starter at Cal, but wanted to be more of a feature guy so transferred here.

Housed a couple punts for us, damn near a couple more and kickoffs too. He is undersized (brother is half Filipino, what's he gonna do?) 5'9.5" 180, but the dude is built like a brick house. Not saying burn a 1st or 2nd rounder on him, but if he's there in R4-R5 we'd be wise to get him. He does it all...slot stuff, jet sweep, KR/PR...definitely young Cobb vibes.

But unfortunately Gurt has "size requirements" he isn't particularly flexible on.

From Bill Huber, showing how much Rodgers doesn't trust/trusts his young WRs:

"From 2008 through 2021, the first 14 seasons of Aaron Rodgers’ run as the starting quarterback, the #Packers got 13 touchdown receptions from their rookie receivers. Watson (seven), Doubs (three) and Toure (one) have 11."
This year Rodgers has no choice but to use the young guys because Watkins does nothing more than use oxygen on the field; Cobb has been hurt; Lazard has been only okay and is not a #1 or #2; Tonyan...hard to tell if his number hasn't been called much or he isn't open. Jones has been reliable, but he's still an RB. If Watson hadn't come on, this offense might as well be three yards and a cloud of turf.
@packerboi posted:

Imagine a really good slot WR paired with him or a real TE (a young Jarred Cook/JerMichael Finley) type. This offense would turn around in a hurry, even with Jordan Love at the helm.

With the solidification off the o-line and the deep threat of Watson finally healthy, the current offense has averaged 27 pts in the last 4 games .... I would think that they are "turned around" right now?

@Chongo posted:

We have a dynamite slot at Fresno State this year who is going to be drafted...Nikko Remigio...was a starter at Cal, but wanted to be more of a feature guy so transferred here.

Housed a couple punts for us, damn near a couple more and kickoffs too. He is undersized (brother is half Filipino, what's he gonna do?) 5'9.5" 180, but the dude is built like a brick house. Not saying burn a 1st or 2nd rounder on him, but if he's there in R4-R5 we'd be wise to get him. He does it all...slot stuff, jet sweep, KR/PR...definitely young Cobb vibes.

But unfortunately Gurt has "size requirements" he isn't particularly flexible on.

Darren Sproles is the best example of this type of player (5'6" 190) and he went in the 4th round.

@Fandame posted:

From Bill Huber, showing how much Rodgers doesn't trust/trusts his young WRs:

"From 2008 through 2021, the first 14 seasons of Aaron Rodgers’ run as the starting quarterback, the #Packers got 13 touchdown receptions from their rookie receivers. Watson (seven), Doubs (three) and Toure (one) have 11."
This year Rodgers has no choice but to use the young guys because Watkins does nothing more than use oxygen on the field; Cobb has been hurt; Lazard has been only okay and is not a #1 or #2; Tonyan...hard to tell if his number hasn't been called much or he isn't open. Jones has been reliable, but he's still an RB. If Watson hadn't come on, this offense might as well be three yards and a cloud of turf.

"Lazard has been only okay and is not a #1 or #2". I know Lazard does not get a lot of love on X4 but I like him . Alot !  He is also , I have read, but ya'll know me, having a break out season.     

@The Grinder posted:

"Lazard has been only okay and is not a #1 or #2". I know Lazard does not get a lot of love on X4 but I like him . Alot !  He is also , I have read, but ya'll know me, having a break out season.     

I like him too. Still not a #1 WR. I hope we keep him next year though. Great complement to Doubs and Watson and a Rodgers who quits pouting that he has to throw to rookies.

Lizard doesn't get much (any?) love from the media and a fair amount of fans. My take has always been that the Packers are a much better team with him than not.

I daresay he is the best-blocking WR in the league, he's strong as an ox, and (most importantly) he's a playmaker. In my mind, he reminds me of Micah Hyde; their measurables and speed may not be at an elite level, but their ball-hawking abilities sure are.

@FLPACKER posted:

I would not describe Lazard as a playmaker (always thought those were guys who could take it the distance once the ball is in their hands), but he is a solid #3 WR.

What I made clear as mud was that Lazard is not a #1, but he's a doggone excellent #3 and the team is a lot better with him on it than not. He sets the standard for blocking and he's clutch for third downs, but he's not a consistent gamebreaker.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.