Skip to main content

@CUPackFan posted:

I'd welcome him back in a second.  He'd be a perfect WR to help develop Love and set an example for the young pass catchers.  More I think about it, more I'm into it.  I just don't see the Raiders doing it.  Although McDaniels is a moron, so anything is possible.....

Iโ€™d welcome him back too. And I agree that McDaniels is a moron, but trading 17 would mean the Raiders are giving up on the season and McDaniels has to know that another failed season isnโ€™t the best thing for his job security.

The Washington Commanders are being sued by The Native American Guardians Association, which has been trying to get the Commanders to change the name back to Redskins.
The lawsuit states:
โ€œThe logo on the Redskinโ€™s helmet is an actual person, itโ€™s Chief White Calf. Every time they go out on that field, they were honoring Chief White Calf and they were battling on the football field with the same honor and integrity and courage. They should continue to honor that.โ€
Via NBC Montana.
Redskins

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Redskins
@bvan posted:
The Washington Commanders are being sued by The Native American Guardians Association, which has been trying to get the Commanders to change the name back to Redskins.
The lawsuit states:
โ€œThe logo on the Redskinโ€™s helmet is an actual person, itโ€™s Chief White Calf. Every time they go out on that field, they were honoring Chief White Calf and they were battling on the football field with the same honor and integrity and courage. They should continue to honor that.โ€
Via NBC Montana.
Redskins

Funny how a group of white people experiencing white guilt can just assume certain groups will be offended and then pressure people to change things they think will make the "offended" groups happy, or at least no longer "offended."  Without talking to them first.  That's called elitism and I hope the Native American Guardians don't stop until it's changed back.   Or they take a pound of flesh in terms of money from this idiot owner.

The Native American Guardians Association is a weird deal. I dug into it a bit and found out that the suspicion is that the organization is funded by Dan Snyder, according to a 2020 article in Sports Illustrated. SI says the NAGA website in 2019 said "Your friends at NAGA had quite an eventful 2019. With the financial backing of a generous donor, we were able to travel the nation โ€ฆ" Members of NAGA go around the country to speak at schools, etc., to try to get Native American mascots back into sports or keep them there. The SI article is interesting because it also details another foundation Snyder started to help Native Americans, but then stopped. Here's a link to the article.

If you want to know more about NAGA's financing, That's all on NAGA's IRS 990 form.

@Fandame posted:

The Native American Guardians Association is a weird deal. I dug into it a bit and found out that the suspicion is that the organization is funded by Dan Snyder, according to a 2020 article in Sports Illustrated. SI says the NAGA website in 2019 said "Your friends at NAGA had quite an eventful 2019. With the financial backing of a generous donor, we were able to travel the nation โ€ฆ" Members of NAGA go around the country to speak at schools, etc., to try to get Native American mascots back into sports or keep them there. The SI article is interesting because it also details another foundation Snyder started to help Native Americans, but then stopped. Here's a link to the article.

If you want to know more about NAGA's financing, That's all on NAGA's IRS 990 form.

And the NCAI, which was the group behind pressuring the Redskins and several other Native American mascots to change, is funded by George Soros as well as other left leaning groups.

https://www.influencewatch.org...of-american-indians/

And the NCAI, which was the group behind pressuring the Redskins and several other Native American mascots to change, is funded by George Soros as well as other left leaning groups.

https://www.influencewatch.org...of-american-indians/

Another difference is that NCAI represents all 573 federally recognized tribes and has been around since 1944. It "strongly opposes the use of derogatory Native sports mascots." Funding can come from anywhere, but it's in the open as to who is funding it (it's listed on the website) while NAGA's funding is unknown. (BTW, Influence Watch is quite right-leaning as it is a project of Capital Research Center, which is a conservative think-tank, so here we are... )

@Fandame posted:

Another difference is that NCAI represents all 573 federally recognized tribes and has been around since 1944. It "strongly opposes the use of derogatory Native sports mascots." Funding can come from anywhere, but it's in the open as to who is funding it (it's listed on the website) while NAGA's funding is unknown. (BTW, Influence Watch is quite right-leaning as it is a project of Capital Research Center, which is a conservative think-tank, so here we are... )

The argument is that the Redskin mascot is a celebration of the warrior culture, not derogatory.    The braves mascot, clearly derogatory IMO.

@Fandame posted:

NAGA?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Davante went for the 67 million dollars of cash guaranteed and to be closer to family. He's almost certainly going to be a cap casualty after the 2024 season - unless he renegotiates and takes less money. He costs them 30 million more of a cap hit to keep rather than cut after 2024.

His cap hit becomes harder for anyone to absorb in 2024 as well (25 million).

Watch the vikings make a play for Davante while they watch Jefferson walk away.

@mrtundra posted:

Watch the vikings make a play for Davante while they watch Jefferson walk away.

If I am Jefferson, I would really soul search to see if I want to be part of a team that really doesn't look like a SB contender anytime soon.

Cousins is not the QB of their future. It's a organization that hasn't sniffed a SB since Favre was there. Maybe the Vikings tag him, but then you are dealing with a pissed off young player.

With Adams, he's at that magic age where the wheels will come off in the next 1-2 seasons. Don't get me wrong, he's had a tremendous career as a WR. But he's close to what, 31? Players at this position just seem to literally lose a 1/2 step overnight.

Last edited by packerboi
@Goalline posted:

I donโ€™t care. I can imagine him getting frustrated with Love and the young receivers. They donโ€™t need that.

I concur and I'll add that having a super talented WR might be detrimental to a young QB's development.    Don't need him locking in on 1 guy and feeling pressured to get any 1 player a certain amount of targets. 

I think we are perfectly setup to develop Love as is.   Multiple young talented skilled players working together.    If one of them rises to the top as a go to guy, let it happen naturally. 

If Adams forces his way out, watch out for the Chiefs. If they feel they need to get into an arm's race with the Dolphins, they might do it.

This would be cool to see.  Another trade that's a possibility depending on the next 5 weeks - Mike Evans.  He's unhappy with his contract and if the Bucs are 2-5 by week 8, they could be open to moving Evans.  But that would require the Bucs to lose to the Falcons, Lions, Saints and Falcons. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.