Skip to main content

@Timmy! posted:

I happened to see where Blake "Pokemon" Martinez worked out for the Panthers yesterday.
No apparent signing.

I guess the card business took a downturn...

It's worse than that. He was scamming people *allegedly* and got banned from a site he used to do so.

https://www.sportingnews.com/u...qyzqp16iilsakbmbkdkl

Not quite Brett Favre level scumbaggery but not good.

@packerboi posted:

Allen eclipsed one Jordan Love for the league lead in INT's last night. Not a good look, but you are correct @chongo, Allen isn't going anywhere.

And I really don't think firing your OC mid-season fixes anything either.

Yes firing the OC was performative at best.

Allen has always been a risk taker...big arm, it has never really burned him. You can make bad throws in HS and college because your arm is so much bigger than everyone elses. That virtually goes away in the NFL because DB are so fast and pass rush is so fierce.

Allen could benefit from some tough love QB coaching.

Holmgren? Hell, even McCarthys offense AND defense is looking good these days. Can we bring McCarthy back and give him a GM less senile than Ted was at the end.  McCarthy would probably leave Dallas to come back to Green Bay. As long as the Sledding King was gone.

@Chongo posted:

Yes firing the OC was performative at best.

Allen has always been a risk taker...big arm, it has never really burned him. You can make bad throws in HS and college because your arm is so much bigger than everyone elses. That virtually goes away in the NFL because DB are so fast and pass rush is so fierce.

Allen could benefit from some tough love QB coaching.

Bills are in the top 8 in both yards gained and scoring, but 27th in turnovers. I guess their OC was making Allen throw stupid passes, their WRs drop passes, and RBs fumble.

@Floridarob posted:

Holmgren? Hell, even McCarthys offense AND defense is looking good these days. Can we bring McCarthy back and give him a GM less senile than Ted was at the end.  McCarthy would probably leave Dallas to come back to Green Bay. As long as the Sledding King was gone.

As long as he brings Dan Quinn with him I'd take McCarthy. Then they can later fire him again and give Quinn the job.

Best part of that team is the defense and McCarthy should get zero credit for that.

@PackerHawk posted:

As long as he brings Dan Quinn with him I'd take McCarthy. Then they can later fire him again and give Quinn the job.

Best part of that team is the defense and McCarthy should get zero credit for that.

I will always root for McCarthy because he is/was a class act and brought a lot of success to GB.  But his time in GB is over.  There's no question he has benefitted from having a top tier DC in Quinn but to place all of Dallas' success solely on the defense?  No way.

McCarthy went 6-10 to first season then 12-5, 12-5, and 7-3 and that includes playing the Eagles twice a year. 62%. This will be 3 consecutive years in the playoffs. I'd take him over MLF for sure.

@PackerHawk posted:

All of Dallas' success? Please regale me with all of their success over the past 4 years.

Just you wait and see.....

Stacking success this year baby!!

200w (3)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 200w (3)
@PackerRick posted:

McCarthy went 6-10 to first season then 12-5, 12-5, and 7-3 and that includes playing the Eagles twice a year. 62%. This will be 3 consecutive years in the playoffs. I'd take him over MLF for sure.

So he's a worse version of 2019-2022 MLF.

1-2 in the playoffs. Regular season success is great but I don't think they brought him in for success that ends early in January.

@PackerHawk posted:

So he's a worse version of 2019-2022 MLF.

1-2 in the playoffs. Regular season success is great but I don't think they brought him in for success that ends early in January.

He lost by 6 points and 7 points to the Niners in the playoffs. I'd take him over MLF. Just my preference.

McVince benefitted bigly from Capers D gelling at the right time and being very good at creating turnovers. There were also some generational defensive players hitting their prime. The whole team got hot, and won every road game against some really good teams.

Who knows what MLF would have done had Bakh not blown his knee for the Tampa game...not that I am huge fan of MLF, but to pretend McVince is superior is peak revisionist histoire.

Yeah, the Packers won in spite of McCarthy and MLF doesn’t look quite as good without Rodgers.

That 2010 defense was also one of the best in team history.

Pass on both

Last edited by Tschmack

Teams that simply get hot in the playoffs often fall off the next season.

The 2010 team didn't just "get hot".  It reached it's maturity through the playoff run.  The 15-1 Rodgers MVP 2011 team was a continuation of it, minus Cullen Jenkins and ultimately Nick Collins.  They didn't just get hot.  They arrived.

Last edited by DH13

Black Monday starts early in Carolina. Also, this franchise is a train wreck.

They drafted the boom-or-bust Young, and so far it has been major bust. Young looks totally in over his head. Yes, he's not getting much help but, wow, he hasn't played anything like in college. IDK, maybe Alabama is a better team than the Panthers...

Carolina is a train wreck.  Traded away heir first this year to draft Bryce Young over CJ Stroud.  Plus, they miss out of Drake Maye or Caleb Williams this year.  I would feel bad for the team but story was that Tepper was heavily involved in trading up for Young.  When it's the owner's mistake, nothing you can really do. 

If you remember....about a month ago, Frank Reich said he preferred CJ Stroud over Young....I was waiting for this day to come. Frank knew he wasn't long for that Panther job otherwise he never says anything close to that.

Hey.....let's check in on the recently fired Steeler OC, Matt Canada.....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.