Skip to main content

Things are buzzing in DC and environs tonight about Dan Snyder having sold the Washington football team. Let’s hope so. Worst owner in pro sports, he’ll retire that trophy too.  

Would have been a nice add for the Packers...

@ilcuqui posted:

Safety Adrian Amos is visiting the Ravens today, per source.

Amos grew up in B’More. Going back home, maybe

Ravens just lost Safety Chuck Clark to the Jets, so they need a low cost vet like Amos. Wish him well

Imagine you had shipped multiple 1st rounders for Trey Lance in 2021, only to find out that 2 years later, he's not even close.

Mike Martz from the 33rd team with his review

https://www.the33rdteam.com/ca...ment-will-take-time/

"It’s easy to see what the 49ers fell in love with. Physically, Lance is impressive. He can throw it, has good skills, and he’s athletic. Those three things made him stand out in pre-draft workouts.

But he’s not quick with the ball. He doesn’t look like he knows the offense very well, either. Like many young quarterbacks, he tracks receivers; he gets right to his No. 1 with his eyes, which against zone coverage pulls everybody in that direction. That’s detrimental.

The speed of the game, handling information and retaining it, and then being able to apply it on the field instantly — like Purdy does — it’s just not there for Lance. It’s the hardest thing to do for a quarterback in the NFL. And then how calm is he under the gun? Some guys just aren’t able to do it, they buckle under pressure, even with good players around them. That’s what I see in Lance."

Now go and watch Martz's review of Jordan Love 

When Lance was drafted I never understood the hype. Everybody liked him and nobody liked Love. The only difference I saw was the competition level they played against probably fluffed up Lance's stats. Maybe the fact that Wentz was still a darling helped him.

I think Barnes was great depth, had his limitations (mostly speed) but contributed from his first year. Pack should have given him an offer, not big but more than minimum wage.

In 2020, Barnes became just the third undrafted player since 2000 to have 75 or more tackles as a rookie.

@Chongo posted:

Kittle is a fun listen...

Good dude.
He finishes by describing the Packers TE room under Gute

He says he'd rather have different guys who do each job at elite level, than one TE who does it all, but at an average rate.

@Fandame posted:

Better to take the bus than be a Ruggs...

This guy has the best lawyers in Vegas and will probably get it beat down to a lane change violation when it's all said and done. They're still fighting over who is going to be the judge.

I remember and met “Dick the Bruiser” and “The Crusher”.  Didn’t one of them also play NFL football? I think that Dick hurt his throat playing for the packers.

69A8620B-AD81-415D-A4DA-2FE00776E749

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 69A8620B-AD81-415D-A4DA-2FE00776E749: Dick
Last edited by PackerPatrick

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.