Skip to main content

Aiyuk is set to make $14 million this year.  He's good but, much like the Packers, SF doesn't run a true #1 WR scheme. Samuel, Kittle, McCaffrey and Aiyuk had 60, 65,67 and 75 receptions last year and they all had 6 or 7 tds.

I don't blame any player for trying to get everything they can but market setting deals are often a team taking a loan against future salary caps. The position group may be better for a while but the team is often worse for not being able to afford viable depth.

@grignon posted:

Aiyuk is set to make $14 million this year.  He's good but, much like the Packers, SF doesn't run a true #1 WR scheme. Samuel, Kittle, McCaffrey and Aiyuk had 60, 65,67 and 75 receptions last year and they all had 6 or 7 tds.

I don't blame any player for trying to get everything they can but market setting deals are often a team taking a loan against future salary caps. The position group may be better for a while but the team is often worse for not being able to afford viable depth.

Ya, it's so hard to live on that kind of money. Even in CA,

2 things that might help the Packers retain some of these young guys:

1. Unless any of them develop into D Adams, they're not going to get a D Adams contract.
For some context, I counted 21 WRs that make $20M Average Per Year and up.
There were only 12 in the $10M to $20M range. This is where I'd guess the majority of guys that the Packers might extend would slot in, likely not exceeding $15M.
Even if Watson or Reed were reaching "superstar" status, they may not go over $20M.

2. Salary cap is getting healthier, and will continue to grow.

Hallaluja, Skip Bayless is leaving his gig as host of Undisputed. Hopefully they fired him. That type of show has run its course. Click Bait on steroids. Tune in to watch Bayless hate on all things Packers. The fact he said recently he was buying a Jordan Love jersey because he believes in the kid made me cringe. Just go away you old cockroach...

@Floridarob posted:

Hallaluja, Skip Bayless is leaving his gig as host of Undisputed. Hopefully they fired him. That type of show has run its course. Click Bait on steroids. Tune in to watch Bayless hate on all things Packers. The fact he said recently he was buying a Jordan Love jersey because he believes in the kid made me cringe. Just go away you old cockroach...

I have never been able to stomach that dude and have watched very little of his stuff.  I have always wondered where his hatred of the Packers comes from.  Maybe a Packers fans stole one of his girlfriends at one point?

@The Heckler posted:

I have never been able to stomach that dude and have watched very little of his stuff.  I have always wondered where his hatred of the Packers comes from.  Maybe a Packers fans stole one of his girlfriends at one point?

Manufactured hatred just to piss off Packers fans. Pissed off Packers fans watch, for some strange reason.

@The Heckler posted:

That presumes he had a girlfriend….a bridge too far for me.

Jeezus...... ☹️

Last edited by Boris
@Fedya posted:

Aren't OL numbers generally in the 50s, 60s, and 70s?

NFL changed it so a player can have whatever available number they want. When the rule was amended some player whose name I don't recall wanted to change numbers but it would cost him more than he was willing to pay to purchase all his unsold current jerseys.

@ammo posted:

I thought any potential ball carriers had to have numbers that were NOT 50s, 60s,  70s.  Guess they changed the rule.

I tried looking it up. Couldn't find exactly with the 2023 rule change by the Eagle's suggestion. It looks like more numbers are available to more players but not a complete free for all. 99 may not actually work for OL.

Last edited by Shadow

Found this on Wiki; not sure if it is up to date tho.   I guess he could report as eligible each time he comes into the game.

Professional football

Certain numbers may only be worn by players in specific positions, thus assisting the officials in determining penalties.

Players who wear numbers from 50 to 79 are, by rule, prohibited from catching or touching forward passes if their team is in possession of the ball and may not line up in a position that allows them to do so, unless explicitly indicated to the referee during a tackle-eligible play. Other than this, the correspondence between jersey numbers and player positions is largely a matter of style, tradition and semantics.

[edit]

The National Football League numbering system dates from a large-scale change of their rules in 1973, subsequently amended in various minor ways. As of 2023, players are generally required to wear numbers within ranges based on their positions as shown in the following table.[1]

Number rangeQBRBWRTEOLDLLBDBK / P
0–9YesYesYesYesNoNoYesYesYes
10–19YesYesYesYesNoNoYesYesYes
20–29NoYesYesYesNoNoYesYesYes
30–39NoYesYesYesNoNoYesYesYes
40–49NoYesYesYesNoNoYesYesYes
50–59NoNoNoNoYesYesYesNoNo
60–69NoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoNo
70–79NoNoNoNoYesYesNoNoNo
80–89NoYesYesYesNoNoNoNoNo
90–99NoNoNoNoNoYesYesNoYes

Add Reply