Skip to main content

Rob Demovsky‏@RobDemovsky
Per a source, #Packers free agent linebacker Brad Jones is visiting the #Titans today.

A quick recap. Titans have signed 6 FA's in 3 days to the tune of $92 million before talking with Brad Jones.

quote:
β€œWe want the right players, that’s the main thing. We have to get the players we know can perform and make us look like we’re a tough team to play against again. There are certain guys we may have to pay a little more than they should maybe be getting, but I want to win. … We may have to pay some more money, but I’m in. I’m ready to go with it.”

Titans owner Bud Adams
quote:
Originally posted by Chronic Hobbit: I'm not sure it's good news that the Vikings trainer is following Greg Jennings--it's like being followed by the grim reaper.

In all reality, the Pack's training staff has been sporting Grim Reaper tendencies the last few seasons.

quote:
Originally posted by Fandame: What a miscalculation he and his agent made.

What miscalculation did they make? He's a free agent and is testing the market. I never read anywhere an number they expected to sign for.

I'm not sure why he would have to eat crow. Again, what has he done wrong? Maybe putting his house on market but it seems he has behaved and said all the correct things. All his teammates know this is a business. I would have to expect if he does come back, he will be greeted with open arms.
If the reporting is accurate the Packers earlier offered Greg a deal worth $10 million per and he walked away. I wouldn't call it a miscalculation as much as it was a roll of the dice that he came up empty on.

The Queens desperately need his services and we all know how they covet Packer players. I'd be surprised if they don't offer him more money than the Packers will.
Well, I never heard Jennings or his camp say they expected anything. Media reports had him possibly getting that. If there is some link out there that says the opposite, I'm more than happy to be wrong.

Not really sure why it is such a surprise he isn't getting a huge, Wallace-like offer. He's almost 30, been hurt, not real big or real fast and has played in a system that caters to WRs. And by stating that, I mean no offense to GJ...
quote:
Originally posted by phaedrus:
quote:
So besides Rodgers the whole team is a "enormous hole" of talent? Do tell. I'm waiting.

Well, Henry, there's a lot of distance between "enormous hole of talent" and:

1. Offensive line
2. Defensive front 7
3. RB

The above is not exactly a tiny piece of the entire team personnel pie. We may have kicker as well.

So the assertion is that there are a number of teams overall better save the QB position. I think the above amount of team makeup is such that an argument might be made that this is enough of a dearth of good talent such that GM is included in the process - and one that was not perfect.

So the entire offensive line, D front 7 and RB are bad? Do I have that right? Sitton, Lang, Buluga, Matthews, Raji, Pickett, Perry, all suck balls? Is that the gist you're running with? Because the word "enormous" was used by the person you are defending and that's why it was brought into the discussion.

And where did anyone mention perfection? It wasn't. It's this assumption that will get your binary thought train called out every time.
Last edited by Henry
quote:
Originally posted by Orlando Wolf:
Will boo the crap out of that guy. Guess he forgot who took a chance on him as a small school receiver and what team passed on him three times (including the spot right before he was drafted).

Nah. I only boo the crap out of guys who swear they will end their careers with the Packers, cry about it, and then go merrily off to try to stick it to us. Big Grin

Those who put in an honest day's work for millions, and don't pledge allegiance to the green-and-gold then sign elsewhere, are only doing what most people would do: go for the green and gold. Smiler
More on this:

quote:
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have released Dumervil after they did not get his paperwork regarding the reduction in salary from $12 million to $8 million until after the 2 p.m. MT deadline that made his original salary guaranteed.

According to Klis, the Broncos received the fax from Dumervil at 2:07 p.m. MT, seven minutes and one second after the Broncos had to pull the trigger to release Dumervil and avoid being on the hook for the full $12 million. The team could still re-sign Dumervil, but there would be different salary cap ramifications because Dumervil’s contract ran beyond the 2013 season.

So a settled situation that looked like another offseason win for the Broncos and John Elway has suddenly turned into a mess. They’ve got no Dumervil and will now have to scramble to find a way to bring him back or convince another free agent pass rusher to join their defense.

Holy crap. Realize he can now completely cash in with another team and screw the donkeys at the same time.
quote:
Originally posted by packerboi:
More on this:

quote:
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have released Dumervil after they did not get his paperwork regarding the reduction in salary from $12 million to $8 million until after the 2 p.m. MT deadline that made his original salary guaranteed.

According to Klis, the Broncos received the fax from Dumervil at 2:07 p.m. MT, seven minutes and one second after the Broncos had to pull the trigger to release Dumervil and avoid being on the hook for the full $12 million. The team could still re-sign Dumervil, but there would be different salary cap ramifications because Dumervil’s contract ran beyond the 2013 season.

So a settled situation that looked like another offseason win for the Broncos and John Elway has suddenly turned into a mess. They’ve got no Dumervil and will now have to scramble to find a way to bring him back or convince another free agent pass rusher to join their defense.

That will be awesome if true.

Holy crap. Realize he can now completely cash in with another team and screw the donkeys at the same time.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.