Skip to main content

Pretty sure they will figure a way to work this out and he stays in Denver. Then the agent get's broomed.

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt
Would assume that Dumervil and agent checked out market before accepting pay cut, no one would pay $8M. We'll find out.
Except for CJ according to Schefter and The Denver Post, it's not that easy. Now that he's released, re-signing him doesn't have the same salary cap implications as it did previously.

Whole new cap hit and a whole new can of worms. Latest is Broncos may not be able to afford him now.

Unreal.

And by the way, who the hell faxes anymore?!?!
quote:
Originally posted by beef:
doesn't denver get hit with some huge cap hit now?

I think they cut him right before the deadline to not take the huge cap hit. If they waited till after the deadline, then they would have taken a huge cap hit. I think that's how it works?
Jason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde
More #Packers news. RT @MikeGarafolo: Packers' AJ Hawk took a pay cut today. I'm told it's not a huge one. Don't have specifics

Damm it! Was hoping for a 100% reduction in pay.
from rotoworld

Broncos released RE Elvis Dumervil.
Denver had until 4:00PM ET to submit Dumervil's restructured contract to the league office. They missed the deadline because Dumervil didn't sign the document until 4:07PM. The two sides had agreed to slash Dumervil's salary from $12 million to $8 million, but Dumervil's outright release will immediately cause a $4.869 million salary cap hit in "dead money." The Broncos now have nearly $5 million less with which to work, which significantly reduces the chances he re-ups in Denver. Dumervil heads to an open market that has been incredibly disappointing for defensive ends, from Cliff Avril ($7.5 million a year) to Michael Bennett ($5 million). Denver figures to reset its sights on Dwight Freeney. Mar 15 - 4:13
quote:
Originally posted by ChilliJon:
Tyler Dunne‏@TyDunne
Just confirmed. The #Packers have re-signed Robert Francois to a one-year deal.

Time for a cocktail! GB is off the no FA activity list!!!

I will be surprised if Jennings does not sign with the Vikings. The Vikings will pay more for him that Thompson will because they are desperate. Even if it is for $500k more, I think Jennings goes. At this point he is going to prove that he could get more money that Ted offered. I hope I am wrong but I don't see Ted getting involved in a contract battle with another team for a player.
quote:
Jason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde
More #Packers news. RT @MikeGarafolo: Packers' AJ Hawk took a pay cut today. I'm told it's not a huge one. Don't have specifics

Jesus ****...he has to have naked photos of TT somewhere
quote:
tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein
Hawk will have three years left on his deal and his salary cap number will drop significantly from his base salary of $5.45 million.

This sounds like a significant pay cut? Add in the fact that Francois said that he would be given the chance to start "best man wins". Sounds like AJ took a big cut?
Packers ILB A.J. Hawk has taken a pay-cut.
Hawk staves off release yet again. How big of a cut is unclear, but Hawk was due $5.2 million between salary and bonuses. He was set to count a whopping $7.05 million against the cap. The inside linebacker GM Ted Thompson just can't quit will likely be returning to a starting job. Mar 15 - 5:27 PM
Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
quote:
Originally posted by PackerRuss:
Moreover, they have a competition at QB, and one of the best RB. Let's not be stupid and think that GJ doesn't make the Vikings a better team.

Competition at QB? They hand Cassel a 1yr deal for 4 million and he's competition for your future QB?

On Paper Larry Fitzgerald makes AZ a good team. On paper...
quote:

I'm no more or less concerned with MN than I was a week ago.

I'm not concerned about MN, but I am not going to say that it wasn't a good signing by the Vikes, and it makes them a better team. You put 8 in the box for AP, and GJ has 1-1 coverage. Do, I think CP is great, and he'll never be AR, but IMO, they are a better team, a long ways to go to catch us, IMO.
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackfan:
Pack should get a good comp pick next year if insert departed free agent here can stay healthy for insert new team name here

The chorus of Packer fans during FA signing period every season of the TT era!
quote:
Jason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde

No ****.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PackerRuss:
Moreover, they have a competition at QB, and one of the best RB. Let's not be stupid and think that GJ doesn't make the Vikings a better team.

Competition at QB? They hand Cassel a 1yr deal for 4 million and he's competition for your future QB?

On Paper Larry Fitzgerald makes AZ a good team. On paper...

I'm not saying Cassell is the end all be all, and I am not saying Ponder is either. Do you think Cassell is better than Joe Webb as a back-up?
I wish the Packers had kept him. That being said he was injured all year and really only had 1 good game. Perhaps he'll be really good with the Vikings, but they don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to signing high priced free agents in recent years - Favre's revenge being the glaring exception.

I don't think he was really overpaid at all.

I'd like to see them sign Dumervil but that's not going to happen. Reed or Huff would be nice as well. They can't fix all these problems (LB, S, OL) in the draft so they'll sign someone eventually.
I wish they had kept him and gotten rid of Finley. Jennings>Finley and he and Rodgers had really good chemistry

Oh well. Wonder if GB takes both RB and WR within the first 3 rounds of the draft now
quote:
So the entire offensive line, D front 7 and RB are bad? Do I have that right? Sitton, Lang, Buluga, Matthews, Raji, Pickett, Perry, all suck balls? Is that the gist you're running with? Because the word "enormous" was used by the person you are defending and that's why it was brought into the discussion.

I never said it was bad. I just think there are a number of teams of whom they have better.

When you say "suck balls," you sound like you are admitting defeat, not to mention quite binary thought. My guess is out RB's are average, front seven at best slightly above average, and offensive line slightly above average.
quote:
Originally posted by The GBP Rules:
I wish the Packers had kept him. That being said he was injured all year and really only had 1 good game. Perhaps he'll be really good with the Vikings, but they don't exactly have a great track record when it comes to signing high priced free agents in recent years - Favre's revenge being the glaring exception.

I don't think he was really overpaid at all.

I'd like to see them sign Dumervil but that's not going to happen. Reed or Huff would be nice as well. They can't fix all these problems (LB, S, OL) in the draft so they'll sign someone eventually.

Someone decent, or someone like Saturday, Hargrove and Merling? That's the question.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.