Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by CAPackfan:
quote:
Originally posted by Pakrz:
Looks like the Jennings deal might come down to whether or not GB hangs onto Finley. You can't pay them both if you are looking to lock up Rodgers and Matthews. Tough call.

Not to me, especially with how deep this draft is at TE. I also think the team/organization still likes Quarless a lot

There's no mistaking that Rodgers and Jennings have great chemistry. That stuff is hard to replace. If they do bring Jennings back, Finley will likely be gone and then you'd think Jones or Nelson will be gone whenever their deals are up(they'll need to be paying Cobb a bit more by that point)

I like Jennings too.. a lot. Great dude, great teammate. He's 30 and coming off a few injury riddled seasons though. That matters.

Don't miss understand me...Finley has his warts too. I think it's something TT has obviously been putting a lot of thought into and we'll see how it goes soon enough.
quote:
Originally posted by Herschel:
Jackson and Hillis fit the profile of backs preferred by TT/MM. They'd rather have an Earl Campbell than a Priest Holmes.

I could wrap my mind around a backfield of Jackson at RB and Hillis at FB. GB has been dicking around with RB's for a few years now. Time to get some juice back there.
My biggest worry about signing guys like Jackson is the way that the Packers deal with player injuries. A guy like Jackson is gonna get dinged up and the the Packers' style of injury management could mean he is unavailable to the team. Much more so than other teams.
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Grant:
I have mixed feelings about re-signing Jennings unless we get a significant hometown discount with I believe both Jones and Jordy being free agents after this year and Cobb the following.

James Jones is a FA after this season. Both Jordy and Cobb don't hit FA until 2015
quote:
Originally posted by FreeSafety:
A guy like Jackson is gonna get dinged up

In our offense he doesnt have to be the workhorse like you would in a place Minnesota. he shouldnt get so many carries that he wears down quickly.

Even if we had Walter Payton,Red Grange and TRavis Jervey we'd still be a pass first offense
Don't know if this has been posted yet.....

Report: Greg Jennings offered $10M a year by Packers..

Two NFL sources said that two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Greg Jennings could very well wind up right back where he began, in Green Bay, Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin reports.

According to one source, the Packers extended an offer to Jennings “a while ago” that averaged roughly $10 million per year, and the other source said Jennings’ agent, Eugene Parker, had been in discussions with the Packers about his possible return.

The Minnesota Vikings were reportedly one team that had expressed an interest in Jennings, but ESPNTwinCitties.com’s Tom Pelissero reported that the Vikings were not in fact actively pursuing Jennings, so it was unclear as of Tuesday night which teams were courting him.

With Miami having signed ex-Pittsburgh wide receiver Mike Wallace to a reported five-year, $65 million deal with $30 million in guaranteed money, it’s hard to say what Jennings might fetch on the open market, but it seems obvious that he won’t get such a lucrative deal.

“I definitely have some destinations in mind and I’m going to keep them close to the vest,” Jennings said. “I’m just enjoying this opportunity to be in free agency. A lot of players don’t get to experience this opportunity, and I’m one that does. So I’m going to embrace the opportunity and take my visits when we get those taken care of and lined up and I’m excited about it.”

http://www.theredzone.org/Blog...Packers/Default.aspx
I'd take Jackson over Benson in a heartbeat. I still don't know why so many people gushed over Benson last year. He was just a back. His longest run was probably 12 yards. Jackson has the big play ability and he also is a great receiver out of the backfield. He can pass block and he is a team player who wants to win. I am all for signing him for 3 years as the rumors say.
The thing I liked about Benson was the way he always seemed to get 3 or 4 yards when it looked like there was only room for 1 or 2. Haven't seen that in a Packers RB is a long time.
quote:

Bernard Pollard, Ravens part ways
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT

another domino has fallen in Baltimore.

This time, the Ravens apparently have chosen to part ways with safety Bernard Pollard and his $2 million base salary.

Pollard broke the news on his verified Twitter account: “Well Raven Nation it’s been fun. My time in Baltimore is done… Thank you!”

It means that Pollard, who played for the Chiefs and Texans, will become an unrestricted free agent. Given the damage he has done in the past to the Patriots, from wrecking Tom Brady’s knee in 2008 to a jarring hit that forced a game-changing fumble in the 2012 AFC title game, maybe it’s time for New England to give him a call.

hard hitting safety and 28.
quote:
That's the thing... Was Benson really that good or are Packer fans just used to seeing steaming piles of **** in the backfield?

I was pleasantly surprised in the short time he played, but then again my expectations were really, really, low.
quote:

No.

Key words : offered and a while ago

Some reports are that offer could have taken place as far back as last August. Of course in hindsight, Jennings should have taken it. That was then. This is now.

Kareem Copeland a lousy reporter and sucked when he was with the GBPG.
I'd love an impact Safety back there.

I know the draft and develop method is tried and true and the teams that have won SBs lately follow that method. I'm sure Jerron McMillan or MD Jennings or whoever will develop into quality Safetys if all goes according to plan. My impatience as a fan though wants to add immediate impact players to shore up weaknesses that may not be strengths for a year or two.
quote:
That's the thing... Was Benson really that good or are Packer fans just used to seeing steaming piles of **** in the backfield?

He definitely doesn't have much breakaway speed, but he looked more instinctive and stronger than Grant or Starks and he caught the ball better than expected. He was the best back on the team before getting hurt.

That said, he did get hurt, and he's had enough off-season issues that going in a different direction would probably be a good idea for the Pack.
http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...ackson-on-the-cheap/

PAckers want Jackson on the cheap.

duh, who doesnt? TT is drawing a hard line in the sand, and as some of us have
wondered Ted may be using Hillis as leverage for Jackson.
Gotta trust Ted but Id hate to lose an impact rusher for a few bucks.
Sounds kinda similar to the Lynch situation though that was a trade deal
quote:
Originally posted by fightphoe93:
quote:

He definitely doesn't have much breakaway speed, but he looked more instinctive and stronger than Grant or Starks and he caught the ball better than expected. He was the best back on the team before getting hurt.

That said, he did get hurt, and he's had enough off-season issues that going in a different direction would probably be a good idea for the Pack.

That's my point. I think Benson is/was a legitimate NFL running back that can impact a game. We are used to seeing the likes of Starks, Grant, Green or whoever else they toss back there and collectively they aren't worth a ****. You put a guy like Benson back there and we all think he looks great.

I think if you throw somebody like Steven Jackson back there we'd be pretty damn impressed with what he can do.
Im all for bringing in Jackson but Free Safety makes a good point in his previous post regarding how MM and these trainers handle injuries.

Anything nearing a hang nail and it seems the Packers just shut guys down and 'couple weeks' turns out to be 1/2 a season. Health and durability have to be concerns especially with GB and it's medical staff.

If he comes in at a fair price, I'd love to see it with Jackson over Benson. A little younger, a much better pass catcher, and I believe less of a fumbler.
Am I the only one that would rather go with Harris at RB and spend money on defense?

Still would have loved to seen them make a run at Dashon Goldson, and with Pollard out there now, a stud safety makes a world of difference on this defense.
quote:
Originally posted by Tavis Smiley:
Is it just me or is this one the most intriguing and active offseasons you can remember. A whole lot more than even after the lockout when everyone and their half sister was supposed to have been signed by their own teams or though FA. Enjoying this immensely!

I was thinking the same thing recently. A lot of action going on in the first day and so much speculation leading up to it. I can't remember following FA this much on a league level than this year.
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackFan95:
Am I the only one that would rather go with Harris at RB and spend money on defense?

Still would have loved to seen them make a run at Dashon Goldson, and with Pollard out there now, a stud safety makes a world of difference on this defense.

No, I would rather spend the entire resources on defense.

The offense might need a tweak on Oline, but its pretty good with a healthy roster coming back. jmo.
If Karlos Dansby can be brought in for a 2 year deal at a good price, I cut Hawk. Instant upgrade. Let Manning develop behind Bishop and Dansby.

Dansby played the 3-4 in AZ. 31 years old. Better in coverage. 134 tackles last year playing with a torn biceps. Keep the guarantee money low and if Manning develops quickly you cut Dansby after 2013.
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackFan95: Am I the only one that would rather go with Harris at RB and spend money on defense?

quote:
Originally posted by trump: No, I would rather spend the entire resources on defense.

No as well. That has been my whole mindset with this SJax talk (and especially Hillis?!?!?).

Jenks was ignored again and again signed for reasonable dough and NFL Network listed out a bunch of available DL last evening. Maybe they plan on addressing both (RB, DL) in FA but if they have to pick, please pick defense.
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherpackerfan:
Silly people...talking about TT signing free agents. You'll learn....you'll learn.

Very true, very true. We will all end up with Bud Lite on our faces when this is all said and done.
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherpackerfan:
Silly people...talking about TT signing free agents.

There are currently 30 free agents signed by Thompson on the Packers roster

You'll learn, you'll learn Big Grin

http://www.packers.com/team/howbuilt.html
quote:
Originally posted by chickenboy:
Jenks was ignored again and again signed for reasonable dough and NFL Network listed out a bunch of available DL last evening. Maybe they plan on addressing both (RB, DL) in FA but if they have to pick, please pick defense.

jenkins is no more than just another body on the dline at this point in his career. and another body in the trainers room.
quote:
Originally posted by beef: jenkins is no more than just another body on the dline at this point in his career. and another body in the trainers room.

A team in New York who's DL has kicked our favorite team's butt the last two times they have met disagrees.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.