Skip to main content

From JSO:

quote:

Keep up with all the latest in NFL free agency right here. We'll update the tracker as the signings come in so keep coming back to check for updates.

SIGNINGS

LOUIS VASQUEZ, OG, DENVER

Old team: San Diego Chargers

Contract: Four years / $23.5 million

Analysis: More protection for Peyton Manning.

PAUL KRUGER, OLB, CLEVELAND

Old team: Baltimore Ravens

Contract: Five years / $40 million

Analysis: An effort player who should fit in well with the Browns' hustling defense.

ANDY LEVITRE, OG, TENNESSEE

Old team: Buffalo Bills

Contract: Five years / $39 million.

Analysis: Titans' priority is rebuilding their offensive line. Don't be surprised if they make a play for C Evan Dietrich-Smith later.

MIKE WALLACE, WR, MIAMI

Old team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Contract: Five years / $60 million

Analysis: This move has been rumored for awhile. Joe Philbin gets a deep threat for his offense.

AARON ROSS, CB, NY GIANTS

Old team: Jacksonville Jaguars

Contract: Not available.

Analysis: Ross comes back to the team for which he won a Super Bowl.

ANTHONY FASANO, TE, KANSAS CITY

Old team: Miami Dolphins

Contract: Not available

Analysis: John Dorsey gets some help at tight end.

MARTELLUS BENNETT, TE CHICAGO BEARS

Old team: New York Giants

Contract: Not available..

Analysis: Reported by Mike Clay. Bears get a pass catching tight end they need. UPDATE: Deal is not done, but two sides are talking.
$16 million for for Walden qualifies as "completely different level of stupid" money.

The Browns gave Kruger a 5yr contract for $40 million. Stupid money.

And a frightening glimpse into what CM3 is going to end up costing GB.
Jason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde

You are 100% right. $0 guaranteed. RT @zachkruse2: I believe #Packers re-signed Walden last April to a one-year, $700,000 deal.

3 minsJason Wilde‏@jasonjwilde

Something must be wrong with my eyes. I just saw a Tweet from @BobMcGinn that said Erik Walden got a 4-year, $16M deal from #Colts.

I hope Walden makes the team. 4 million a year might get a 4th round comp pick.
Boy, they must not have watched that game against Frisco in the playoffs as I thought Walden was particularly awful in that game. Then again, even Clay Matthews sucked for about 2/3 of that day as well.
Saw a couple "I'm going to weigh all my options" and "playing things close to the vest" comments from GJ that I believe came out of his ESPN interview right as FA opened. Nothing since.
I never saw Gerg as a guy whose talent transcended the system. His relationship with the Packers O was mutually beneficial.

His injury history the last two season will temper interest. BRZoris is spot on.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.