Skip to main content

I asume there were discussions between GB and Shields' agent prior to that decision. The part that is scary is that you have so many former GB guys around the League now - Dorsey in KC and McKenzie in Oakland could both use a guy like Shields, maybe Schneider too. And don't forget Mr Philbin in Miami where Shields came from...

I think its a HUGE risk if Sam wants to play someplace else; if he's happy being a starter on a SB contender, then no worries. I always wonder how committed Miami guys are to the Frozen Tundra....
quote:
Originally posted by Sadumdum:

if he's happy being a starter on a SB contender, then no worries. I always wonder how committed Miami guys are to the Frozen Tundra....
Looks pretty happy and committed to me
quote:
Originally posted by El-Ka-Bong:
quote:
Originally posted by Satori:
if I were a GM I'd spend a 2nd on Shields in a heartbeat

agree completely. This one is risky, but I see not putting the first round tender on him as well.

yeah, I think TT has the pulse on this scenario.
pretty good stock of young lads on his roster, good stock in the draft, probably eye-balling some value at safety/tweeners in Freeagency if the opportunity presents itself.

jmo.
quote:
Originally posted by El-Ka-Bong:
quote:
Originally posted by Satori:
if I were a GM I'd spend a 2nd on Shields in a heartbeat

agree completely. This one is risky, but I see not putting the first round tender on him as well.

Let's see if someone like the Vikings wants to "poison pill" the Pack now. I think in the new CBA they can't do that
Glad to see Hall going to Detroit. He should be a great fit there; another loud-mouthed, over-hyped, under-acheiving player added to their roster.
Can't wait to watch our WR's toast him regularly.
quote:
Originally posted by bubbleboy789:
Eagles release Nnamdi.

Just proves that the best moves in FA are often the ones not made.

The Packers would have the opportunity to match any offer Shields got so the risk in that tender is virtually non-existent.
quote:
Originally posted by heyward:
Solid signing by the Bears. Bennett was really good last season. He was much better than Finley.

Finley had more catches in fewer targets than Bennett last year. Bennett had 5 TD's. Finley 2.

Agree it's an upgrade for Chicago. Not that he was much better than Finely.
Titans going after Delanie Walker. I've always liked Walker. Solid blocker. Good hands. 49'ers tried to find creative ways to get him on the field with Davis. Even lined him up as a FB.
quote:
Originally posted by CAPackfan:
Bills release Fitzpatrick. After the phone call recording, you knew that move was coming soon

Dumb. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he's not that bad considering he has absolute crap to throw to and now everyone knows the Bills must get a QB, though a trade for Nick Foles wouldn't be a surprise.
Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt
Strategy in GB was to hope for as much "stupid money" spent in early days of FA, then sift through rest of group.

I also get the sense that after Ted knocked close to $2 million off Jolly's salary he spent most of today working on his draft board and now he's on Orvis.com shopping for a new fly fishing reel.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.