Skip to main content

Speculation:

TT signs Heyward-Bey.

• He doesn't have the pressure of being #1 in Green Bay
  • He can develop behind Not 1, not 2 but THREE WR's plus a 4th possibly if GJ re-ups
  • He'll be inexpensive (high-value) & we all know how much TT likes that

Let's see what happens. I think TT could get him very cheap & I believe Rodgers could use his deep speed as deadly accurate as his deep ball is.

I laughed when the Raiders drafted Heyward-Bey 7th overall. (Al "Did ya feel that" Davis) However in 2011 I watched him play pretty decent at WR. He regressed a little bit plus was dinged up last year in 2012. He would be a great fit at a good FA price.
quote:
Originally posted by chickenboy:
quote:
Originally posted by beef: jenkins is no more than just another body on the dline at this point in his career. and another body in the trainers room.

A team in New York who's DL has kicked our favorite team's butt the last two times they have met disagrees.

yep, same team that disagreed on canty and paid him millions. and the same team whose dline is only strong with pass rushers that they got in the draft.
quote:
IF Mckenzie lets him go, then there is a good chance TT would agree he is not worth a roster spot.

McKenzie let him go because his salary was WAY too high. It has nothing to do with his ability. It's house-cleaning time in Oakland & I'm sure Al is rolling in his grave.

Michael Huff would be another high-value/Low-price, kick-the-tires FA to check out.
quote:
Originally posted by WolfPack:
so we know 6 things:
1. Packers have a deal to sign Steven Jackson
2. The PAckers will not enter into a bidding war for Jackson
3. Peyton Hillis is in GB meeting with the Packers
4. Peyton Hillis is not in GB meeting with the Packers
5. Greg Jennings is leaving the Packers
6. The Packers may re-sign Greg Jennings

got it

don't you just love this time of the year?!
quote:
Via the MJS and Rotoworld:

Jermichael Finley's camp is "sitting on pins and needles" as the Packers continue contract negotiations with free agent Greg Jennings.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms there's a "good chance" the Packers would ask Finley to take a pay cut or release him if they re-signed Jennings. Finley is nervous because NFL cap money is being spent left and right, and his market could be weak if he didn't hit free agency for another week, or maybe more. The Packers don't owe Finley a dime until his March 27 $3 million roster bonus.

Meanwhile, in a sudden burst of comedy from the Wes Welker drama tour (via Schefter and Rotoworld for the quote text since dumdums on page 18 can't follow links):

quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos are in "serious talks" with free agent Wes Welker, and are "trying to hammer out an agreement."

Per Schefter, a resolution is expected Wednesday. It's possible it's a leverage ploy from an increasingly restless Welker camp, but it would be an act of war in the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady rivalry if true. The move would be damaging to both Welker and Eric Decker's fantasy value, but a huge boon for a team with a Super Bowl or bust mentality.
Last edited by AquaBreaker
Very interesting, and serious type of play by TT, if this is true. Potentially, sign Jennings, and ask Finley to take a paycut, if he doesn't cut him in two weeks, and let him try and find a big deal after a lot of cap money is spent. Chances are he wouldn't be able to find anything better than the Packers. Now, having said that, probably pi$$ off the TGIF, but can't be too pissed because he is playing for a contract next year. Shrewd!!!
quote:
Originally posted by AquaBreaker:
quote:
Via the MJS and Rotoworld:

Jermichael Finley's camp is "sitting on pins and needles" as the Packers continue contract negotiations with free agent Greg Jennings.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms there's a "good chance" the Packers would ask Finley to take a pay cut or release him if they re-signed Jennings. Finley is nervous because NFL cap money is being spent left and right, and his market could be weak if he didn't hit free agency for another week, or maybe more. The Packers don't owe Finley a dime until his March 27 $3 million roster bonus.

"Mr. Thompson, Blake Baratz is on line 2... again"

"Tell that sawed of little leprechaun that Aaron and I are in leadership class"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.