Skip to main content

@Ravens: The Ravens have agreed in principle to a five-year deal with Elvis Dumervil.

@AdamSchefter: Ravens are giving former Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.
Actually she was like...."Que?"

Obvio would be "Obvious" as in "Si est Obvio" (That's obvious)

"abovio" isn't a word which is why I was confused unless it's the Queens Spanish that I'm unaware of.
My guess would be that "abovio" means that he's expressing agreement in "espanol de pidgin" with a post directly above his.

Which would be at least somewhat disconcerting since teh poster above him was Hersh.
I was just watching NFL Total Access. For a few minutes, there was a tease on the screen that said "Sebastian Vollmer to Packers". It then changed to "Packers keep Jermichael Finley". Very weird, had me wondering for a moment if there was a trade, but apparently not.
So, what decent players are still there for the price? Not just for the Packers but any team? Seems like a buyers market this year so are there any decent players there if you are in need at that position?
ESPN Insider ranking of free agents shows the following still available, ranked best to worst: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/index

I don't see much to get excited about, do you?

LB Dansby, DE/LB Freeney, NT Hampton, LB Barnett, G Moore, LB D. Smith, DE Umenyiora, LB Urlacher, TE F. Davis, CB Gamble, CB Grimes, CB Hall, CB Jammer, S Mikell, S Woodson, CB Asomugha, HB Bradshaw, LB Harrison, WR Lloyd, OT A. Smith, OT Winston, DE Abraham, DT Branch, LB Durant, LB Phillips, S Rhodes, WR L. Robinson, CB Winfield, CB S. Brown, OT J. Brown, WR Heyward-Bay, OT McKinnie, HB Turner, DT Ellis, FB Hillis, S Huff, HB F. Jones, S D. Landry...
quote:
Originally posted by sschumer:
S Huff

This one is interesting. I thought he'd get a quick deal when the Raiders released him. Problem may be the glut of DBs on the market this year.
Huff graded out at a +17.2 (2nd highest rated safety in the NFL in 2010)before Oakland started moving him around and eventually to a full time corner.

On his play FT at corner last year:
quote:
When you add it all up, opponents completed only 53 percent of passes into Huff’s coverage and he finished with nine passes defensed and two interceptions. All of this came two years removed from Huff grading at +17.2 as our No. 2 safety in the league, and one year removed from his strong play when filling in as the team’s slot cornerback. He’s essentially succeeded in three different positions over a three-year period.

link

Might be all for not though. After visiting Dallas he's headed to Baltimore later this week. I don't think Baltimore is going to let him leave town without a deal.
quote:
Originally posted by Herschel:
I'm surprised the Vikings didn't go after Jones. They're almost as thin at LB as they are at receiver. That would have probably made more sense than Jennings at twice the price.

they probably felt that they just could not waste Ponders' prime years ...
Last edited by Boris
quote:
Originally posted by Iowacheese:
Dumervil's $26M in base pay is 65% of what Kruger got. Ravens got Dumervil, Canty, Spears for price of Kruger. And they have 12 draft picks.

That's why Baltimore is Baltimore and Cleveland is Cleveland.

If they sign Huff they will have virtually nothing left in cap space. $4.7 under cap today. So they likely trade some of those 12 picks.
Huff & Burnett in the Def. backfield & Dansby at ILB (both at the right price of course) would be nice competition for TC.

Let's see if TT can get some value in FA.
Huff, from today

quote:

the former Oakland Raiders defender will visit with the Baltimore Ravens this week and told Hill he plans to meet with the Green Bay Packers. The seven-year pro also has interest from the Tennessee Titans.
Shields, Hayward, Williams, and House are a solid group at DB provided House and Williams are healthy. Add Huff and it's a talented secondary. All of a sudden Morgan Burnett might be the weakest link. McMillian, Jennings, and Richardson would push him in camp. Not a bad thing because I don't think Morgan has really ever felt his job was a question.
Free agent safety Michael Huff has scheduled a free agent visit to the Green Bay Packers according to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. The Baltimore Ravens are also known to be interested.

The former Raiders first round pick says he had a "nice" visit in Dallas and is known to want to play for the Cowboys but isn't sure he can wait for the Cowboys to "get their salary-cap situation straight" according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The Cowboys currently have little more than $100,000 in cap room, but are expected to clear more space in the coming days, primarily by signing QB Tony Romo to a more cap-friendly deal. The Cowboys earlier in the day agreed to terms with LB Justin Durant but cannot actually sign him until they find the money.

Huff grew up near Dallas and was a star at the University of Texas. Loyalty to your home state is admirable but no one could blame Huff is he signed with another team before the end of the week. The Cowboys should have balanced their checkbook long before now.

http://www.theredzone.org/Blog...Cowboys/Default.aspx

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.