Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by heyward:
Burnett isn't an All-Pro, but nobody is going to take his job next season.

He still has room to develop. Collins wasn't all world his first couple of years.
In 2007 (probably his worst year with the Packers), a lot of people wanted to bench Collins in favor of Aaron Rouse () . Burnett still gets burned every now and then, but the ability is clearly there. He just needs to get a bit more experience and better players around him, then he'll learn to start trusting the guys around him, the scheme and his own abilities.
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Grant:
I like Huff and OSI. I don't think Winfield fits with our depth at corner. I don't think he would see the field much.

Winfield is outstanding in stopping the run. He's a gritty player and is quite physical for a little guy. But I agree... He wouldn't fit on the roster with the current talent at CB.
Don't like Winfield at age 36. Can't play the outside and Casey has the inside locked up.

I think Burnett could be a lot better with a better safety next to him. I was hoping he'd make a big jump last year. He wasn't bad by any stretch but didn't elevate to the next level like we all hoped. He's good and still has room to grow. I think MM is hoping he'll give some more in the leadership department.
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Grant:
It's sure looking like we paid way too much for Jones. I hope he proves me wrong.
I look at him as a solid player and a known commodity. They know how he plays in the system, know well what he's capable of, is the best cover LB on the team, contributes on STs, provides insurance in case Bishop isn't the same when he comes back without having to break in a young guy (they have enough of those to work on), let's them use their draft resources in other areas, provides competition for AJ for the starting job, and still has upside as he's still settling into the job. I'd imagine Capers is happy to have him back.
Don't mind him.

The thought of having to watch Smokin' Jay try to run read option plays for the three games he'll last before he gets knocked out for half the season is already getting to him.

quote:
Originally posted by Boris:
Wouldn't it be great to see Urlacher (in a Packer Uni) sack Cutler?

No it wouldn't.

He carries the stain of that 2nd class franchise forever and under no circumstances is he good enough to be a Green Bay Packer

quote:
Originally posted by PackerHawk:
Huff is probably just using the Packers to drive up his price. Been there before. Smiler

@NFL_ATL
Ravens agree to terms with safety Michael Huff. Really like that signing for them.
quote:
Originally posted by Satori:
quote:
Wouldn't it be great to see Urlacher (in a Packer Uni) sack Cutler?

No it wouldn't.

He carries the stain of that 2nd class franchise forever and under no circumstances is he good enough to be a Green Bay Packer

The reason I say that is Urlacher & Cutler aren't exactly "buddies"
quote:
Originally posted by Goalline:
Now our young safeties can continue to develop.

McMillian definitely yes, but I just don't think MD Jennings has enough sand in his britches to play that position
quote:
Originally posted by Satori:
quote:
Now our young safeties can continue to develop.

McMillian definitely yes, but I just don't think MD Jennings has enough sand in his britches to play that position

His tackling is suspect and his lack of size may prevent him from improving much in the area of his play, but he has potential to improve in every other way. MM really seems to like him. McMillan is a freakin' thumper.
Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly 5m RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns QB Colt McCoy expected to be released or traded soon, lg source tells Plain Dealer. http://bit.ly/13xIfwp

There was some steam about TT trading for him last offseason. If he is released, a nice alternative for the backup or are we cool with Harrell?
quote:

His tackling is suspect

indeed, he hits too high and gets pushed around.
Good thing we have some pad-level experts on staff... Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by phaedrus:
I was in Austin in late April a couple years ago, on campus.

Surreal. The sheer amount of beauty I saw live was #1 in my life's experience by a very, very long shot.

Were you hanging with Al? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by chickenboy:
Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly 5m RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns QB Colt McCoy expected to be released or traded soon, lg source tells Plain Dealer. http://bit.ly/13xIfwp

There was some steam about TT trading for him last offseason. If he is released, a nice alternative for the backup or are we cool with Harrell?

I think Coleman overtakes Harrell for the backup role this year. Ideal size, great arm and a film junkie according to some articles. If he can catch up to the speed of the game a bit more this summer, I think he's the #2.
I agree IL. If Coleman is everything he's made out to be, I think he makes the leap with a whole offseason under his belt. Harrell may a have a good mental grasp of what he needs to do, but he just doesn't have the physical skills.
I'd love to see Coleman become the backup. The thing he needs to improve on most stood out so quickly at the one practice I went to last fall: footwork.
Rodgers made the drills look easy.
Harrell made his way through the drills without looking inept.
Coleman looked like a rookie and struggled.
But he's got a helluvan arm! Get those feet right and reads right and Harrell will be wondering why he's in Detroit.

edit: for clarity
quote:
Originally posted by phaedrus:
I was in Austin in late April a couple years ago, on campus.

Surreal. The sheer amount of beauty I saw live was #1 in my life's experience by a very, very long shot.

We'd take trips to Austin before watching the Packers get waxed by the Cowboys in the mid '90s. The Packer games weren't so great, but the beautiful women there in Austin made up for it. Agree that it was quite impressive there.
Perhaps a wink wink nudge nudge between the Packers and some agents that the Packers won't say anything about their lack of interest in pro free agents in exchange for steering some of the post draft college free agents the Packers like towards Green Bay.
quote:
That crap where the agents "leak" 'Packers are interested!' Is working wonders across the league.

Everyone knows we're the Gold Standard. It's ok.

No kidding. Anyone want an NFL contract? Let's head over to Lambeau. You will be a Viking by next Tuesday, at the latest.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.