Skip to main content

Yesterday a bears fan on twitter posted a cut up of all of Fields's drop backs from this last preseason game.  Oof.  He may look worse than last year trying to throw the ball.  But then again he could be superman in WK01 vs our guys.  He did alright in last year's opener vs. SF.

Last edited by DH13
@Fedya posted:

Tony Canadeo (and his brothers) were good friends of my grandfather when he was growing up.

My grandfather was born in Green Bay (my great-grandparents were the same age as Curly Lambeau and knew of his "reputation"). The family moved to Chicago during the depression and my grandpa ended up growing up in the same neighborhood as the Canadeos. My grandpa played some football with him and Tony tried to get him to play more semi-pro or even go to Gonzaga, but my grandmother didn't think semi-pro football in the 1940s was respectable and my grandfather was never the academic type for college to fit. My grandfather was a good enough high school/sandlot player that the Bears invited him for a training camp tryout, but he got shipped off to WW2 before he could be training camp fodder.

When my grandparents moved back to Wisconsin in the early 50s, Tony Canadeo would invite my grandfather and uncle into the locker room after games.

Last edited by MichiganPacker
@Goalline posted:

Cool story!

I just looked it up to see how close the houses were together. The Canadeos were at 2643 Rutherford Avenue in Chicago and my grandfather's family was at 2712. About 120 yards apart.

My grandpa (William) was two years younger than Tony and a big guy (6'2", 210 back in the early 1940s). Tony would see him at Lambeau and call him "Little Billy."

Tony Canadeo (and his brothers) were good friends of my grandfather when he was growing up.

My grandfather was born in Green Bay (my great-grandparents were the same age as Curly Lambeau and knew of his "reputation"). The family moved to Chicago during the depression and my grandpa ended up growing up in the same neighborhood as the Canadeos. My grandpa played some football with him and Tony tried to get him to play more semi-pro or even go to Gonzaga, but my grandmother didn't think semi-pro football in the 1940s was respectable and my grandfather was never the academic type for college to fit. My grandfather was a good enough high school/sandlot player that the Bears invited him for a training camp tryout, but he got shipped off to WW2 before he could be training camp fodder.

When my grandparents moved back to Wisconsin in the early 50s, Tony Canadeo would invite my grandfather and uncle into the locker room after games.

Went to high school with his son Bob, who would later give Tony a kidney.

Here's the thing I love about Poles. When he sees a problem or deficiency, he attacks it via multiple angles. He doesn't just sign one FA, he drafts the position as well. I think the Eberflus/Poles duo are going to have a fantastic run in Chicago.IMG_1882

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1882: The song remains the same

This needs to be posted here.

Here is how I view this seasons games against the Bears.   If we lose, okay, we are starting a rebuild.    If we win, Trololololo.    

Bears fans, however, are coming from an entirely different view.   This is a must win.   If they win, phew, it’s not a disaster.   If they lose, suicide watch is needed.

@BrainDed posted:

Bears fans, however, are coming from an entirely different view.   This is a must win.   If they win, phew, it’s not a disaster.   If they lose, suicide watch is needed.

I don't know about suicidal.  There is a comfort level in being really good at something.  Even if it is losing.

Keep in mind folks, we damn near gave a 2nd round pick for this clown last year. The Bears got him because his former team correctly guessed the Bears would have a worse record.

Claypool is literally going through the motions. Dayamm..

Didn't watch the video but I saw a separate clip of the screen one of our guys blew up.  CC had THE critical block that was supposed to spring the ball carrier/receiver. He barely touches the guy who then knocks him backward into the ball carrier, blowing up the play for a loss.  He was basically a training camp obstacle bag.

@packerboi posted:

Keep in mind folks, we damn near gave a 2nd round pick for this clown last year. The Bears got him because his former team correctly guessed the Bears would have a worse record.

Claypool is literally going through the motions.

Business decisions 🤭

I was never upset the Packers didn't get him. I kept asking.....why do the Steelers want to trade him???

To compound the mistake, CHI traded a high pick for him.  That they could have used to draft someone better.  I think it was the pick they got for Roquan? 

I listened to a little 670 yesterday and the overriding sentiment was that the team was not prepared.  They went after the roster building too but seemed more disgusted with the lack of preparation for what was supposed to be a pivotal game.

@packerboi posted:

Claypool is literally going through the motions. Dayamm..

Nixon chewed him up and spit him out!

An hour of JT just eviscerating Fields and the Bears playcalling. He shits on the Bears so much I feel like we vastly underperformed by putting up only 38 points on them. So many times he said "this is the type of shit that gets people fired". He's just besides himself about how bad they are all around.

If you're a Packer fan this will be the best thing you'll see all week.

Last edited by vitaflo

I'm sure I'm way to old school, but if I was Saleh, I would dress him down in front of the team during film review, playing that same clip over and over again, and demand he explain to his teammates just what the hell he was doing.

It cannot be overstated that football is the ultimate TEAM sport, and when any one individual thinks he can shirk his responsibilities to his teammates and coaches, he is pretty much tits on a bull at that point.

@Timmy! posted:

I'm sure I'm way to old school, but if I was Saleh, I would dress him down in front of the team during film review, playing that same clip over and over again, and demand he explain to his teammates just what the hell he was doing.

Saleh?? Lololol. Timmy you have Jets on your brain. Eberflus is the Bears coach

@YATittle posted:

Just imagine what Vince would say if he saw Claypool playing like that!

Back in that era, Head Coaches could cut or trade a player without many, if any, questions asked.
But these days players like that get coddled, often related to the team's investment in said player.
All we get to hear is some bullshit line like "It's being handled internally" while they decide on a punishment, if any.

In any case, Chitcago should ask him to return that particular game check.

@Boris posted:

Saleh?? Lololol. Timmy you have Jets on your brain. Eberflus is the Bears coach

@Timmy! posted:

I took it mean Salah should dress Rodgers down in front of the team. If a quick pass was called and Rodgers went hero instead  he should explain to his team just what the hell he was doing.  He was NOT playing a team game either.

Lol - Claypool may be inactive in week two for our old friend EQ

Claypool inactive?

From the link - Fields was asked about what the offense missed without St. Brown during Sunday’s game against the Packers, and the answer was what you’d expect.

“He’s a great run-blocker, knows the playbook like the back of his hand, great perimeter blocker,” Fields said. “He’s a leader in the receiver room. But on him being inactive I don’t make those calls.”

Last edited by Cheezers

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.