Skip to main content

El-Ka-Bong posted:

Taken just for draft slot, it was picks 30, 114, 150 for 52, 101, 138.  That doesn't add up to "3rd round value" to me.  So in order to validate "3rd round value" you've established Kizer's status had dropped significantly.  I guess I am not as harsh on a rookie QB having a bad season for a train-wreck franchise.    I'm guessing there is a Brown's fan out there who defends bad coaching and feels it really just sucks that we had to take such a loss just to get rid of a player that SHOULD have been one of our core players right now in Kizer.  

I think it was a good trade at a good time.  I will arbitrarily assign an early 2nd value on it because that seems to be the game.  

I didn’t arbitrarily assign value, there’s a trade value chart that assigns value to picks. And yes when you add up all those picks it comes out to a 3rd round value. I’m also fine with the trade, we’re in agreement, not sure what the argument is about. Why is it wrong to be disappointed we didn’t get our investment in Randall back? Just like Datone Jones, Jerel Worthy, Khyri Thornton, and others, we basically got nothing out of a high round pick. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

The purgatory part of LOST was pretty clear.  The two seasons leading up to it were hard to follow.

I think the argument is confusing two different aspects of the trade.  Original investment/pick vs. current player value.  For example, if Datone Jones was traded for Nick Foles, it looks like you "lose value" because Jones was a RD1 pick whereas Foles was RD3.  But clearly their current values heavily tilt in the opposite direction.   The whole thing will hinge on how good/bad a QB Kizer turns out to be.  Plus the added value of the higher picks in RD4 and RD5.

DH13 posted:

I think the argument is confusing two different aspects of the trade.  Original investment/pick vs. current player value.  For example, if Datone Jones was traded for Nick Foles, it looks like you "lose value" because Jones was a RD1 pick whereas Foles was RD3.  But clearly their current values heavily tilt in the opposite direction.   The whole thing will hinge on how good/bad a QB Kizer turns out to be.  Plus the added value of the higher picks in RD4 and RD5.

Spot on.  And for some reason, GD values Randall per "the original investment" while valuing Kizer at his current player value.  Weird.

Packersnews.com reporting that Packers are bringing back Davon House. 

One year deal, no other details yet.

If he can stay on the field and makes it to the 53 he'll be a useful piece.

House, Tramon, King. Yeah, I know the first two are long in the tooth.

All have shown ability to successfully crowd receivers at the line. Please, more. I can't stand watching D's giving WRs huge cushions unless down and distance dictate it. Make those prima donnas earn every inch out there.

Last edited by ilcuqui
Grave Digger posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:
Grave Digger posted:
And yes when you add up all those picks it comes out to a 3rd round value. 

how ya figure?  

30, 114, 150 for 52, 101, 138 = 3rd round?  

No.  

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

620 (Pick 30) + 66 (Pick 114) + 31 (Pick 150) - (380 (Pick 52) + 96 (Pick 101) + 36.5 (Pick 138)) = 204.5. That value is pick 77 in round 3. 

that is ****ing stupid.  

Lets say we just trade pick 30 for pick 52.  That would be the equivalent of saying pick 30 is worth a second round pick.  Not only did that happen, but we also moved up in two later rounds. 

So, in terms of arbitrary value, if this were a trade that happened during the draft, the Pack would certainly be losers in the transaction, but the difference between the two is somewhere between 30 and 52 (closer to 52).  

Now, when we look back, the real difference is going to be is Kizer getting out of Cleveland more meaningful than Randall escaping Capers, to that I assign 15 yards, a 6th round pick and a red card.  

ilcuqui posted:

Packersnews.com reporting that Packers are bringing back Davon House. 

One year deal, no other details yet.

If he can stay on the field and makes it to the 53 he'll be a useful piece.

House, Tramon, King. Yeah, I know the first two are long in the tooth.

All have shown ability to successfully crowd receivers at the line. Please, more. I can't stand watching D's giving WRs huge cushions unless down and distance dictate it. Make those prima donnas earn every inch out there.

Makes me think Gute will go after a pass rusher #14, then.

El-Ka-Bong posted:

that is ****ing stupid.  

Lets say we just trade pick 30 for pick 52.  That would be the equivalent of saying pick 30 is worth a second round pick.  Not only did that happen, but we also moved up in two later rounds. 

So, in terms of arbitrary value, if this were a trade that happened during the draft, the Pack would certainly be losers in the transaction, but the difference between the two is somewhere between 30 and 52 (closer to 52).  

Now, when we look back, the real difference is going to be is Kizer getting out of Cleveland more meaningful than Randall escaping Capers, to that I assign 15 yards, a 6th round pick and a red card.  

I didn’t invent the trade value chart. Sounds like your beef is with Jimmy Johnson as I believe he invented it. 

Grave Digger posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

that is ****ing stupid.  

I didn’t invent the trade value chart. Sounds like your beef is with Jimmy Johnson as I believe he invented it. 

Believe it was Gil Brandt.  

And EKB, you must have a beef will just about every (all) NFL teams because they use that chart when trading picks all the time. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.