Skip to main content

Music City posted:
Grave Digger posted:

I don’t think I’ve indicated that at all. He was a first round pick, we traded him for less than 1st round value. No matter which way you shake it we took a loss on him, which sucks, but I’m sure it’s an addition by subtraction. 

A second round rookie QB with starting experience + increases in value in 4th and 5th for a late first rounder is even or advantage Green Bay. Not sure what you’re arguing. 

...add in that Randall is in the last year of his rookie deal and it's clearly advantage GB.   We get a cost controlled backup QB for the next couple seasons.   I know this isn't baseball, but cost controll needs to be part of the equation when evaluating this stuff these days.  

Given that most think the main concern at defense is secondary to me among the most critical matters is the status of Kevin King.  I did not realize the Packers already think his shoulder will be fine longterm.  We're talking a press corner at 6'3" and 200 lbs.

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...-with-cb-kevin-king/

According to a Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel report by Michael Cohen, the Green Bay Packers are not concerned with rookie cornerback Kevin King’s shoulder injury long-term.

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said that while he never likes to see young players go through injury issues, he doesn’t believe this is something that will plague King’s career.

“I wouldn’t think so,” Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said Thursday, according to Cohen. “It sounds like everything is going good. You never like to see that with young players, but yeah, I don’t think so.”

Also, Packers CB Kevin King picked as a top breakout candidate in 2018.

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...t-candidate-in-2018/

Of course this is huge.

A bit from the piece:

"This is all new to me, but just going to Green Bay and visiting, I just felt like that was the place for me to have a new start," Wilkerson said. "There's a lot of great tradition there and a lot of great players came through that organization and hopefully I can be a part of something great there and good things can definitely happen for me and the rest of the team there.

"Just when I walked in the facility, just looking at everything, the trophies and everything on the wall - the energy and the vibe - it was like, 'I've got to be here; this is the place to be.' And going to the field just walking out of the tunnel and just being able to play there for eight home games and the playoffs, I know the atmosphere will be great. I got chills just walking out of the tunnel and the stadium was empty and I'm just picturing my first home game and I know it will be great, man."

Last edited by michiganjoe

I dont know if we will be signing him again. I think (of course) it depends on his play this year. I also think that it depends on who we draft in the first round. If its an edge rusher who plays well then Mo might end up being too expensive to resign. If edge rushing remains an issue when he is not on the field then if he has played well then we resign him.

On the other hand, if improvements on the back end of the defense allows for the rush to get home then its a win/win for the team and even if he is simply an improvement then he may get resigned.

Edit: After writing this, I hope I made sense.

Last edited by PackerPatrick
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

"He's a better option than Hundley."

Oh man, I hope so.  Certainly can't be worse, can he?

I thought Hundley was going to be alright judging by preseason play, but his time in the regular season had me cursing at the TV

My grandma is better than Hundley and she’s been dead for 35 years.

Blair Kiel posted:

She'd still be alive if she could have learned to pick-up blitz's.

Blair Kiel posted:

Sorry.

Too soon?

My condolences Goalline.

If she were around she might say "Blitz?  Blitz?!, I thought you said BLATZ - I was wondering what beer had to do with football.  That is why after every game I went right out and pick some up."  

Maybe Hundley needs a hearing aid.  

(PS - no offense intended)

If Perry and Matthews could actually stay healthy, pass rush wouldn't be a overwhelming need.  They obviously still need depth an quality young guys on their way up but it's crazy that pass rush is such an issue.  Both Matthews and Perry are at minimum above average players.  

I guess you can chicken and egg it quite a bit.  My guess is Pettine may see Wilkerson as a cure to what ails ya as much as a shiny new CB.  

Last edited by Henry

Would feel better about Matthews and Perry if the rotation behind them was more promising. They both have obviously had trouble staying healthy, would be nice if Biegel, Fackrell, or Reggie Gilbert step up their game. They are unknowns at this point. 

A few rush possibilities still left in the draft : Lorenzo Carter, Landry, Hubbard, Nowozu, etc....

Henry posted:

If Perry and Matthews could actually stay healthy, pass rush wouldn't be a overwhelming need.  They obviously still need depth an quality young guys on their way up but it's crazy that pass rush is such an issue.  Both Matthews and Perry are at minimum above average players.  

I guess you can chicken and egg it quite a bit.  My guess is Pettine may see Wilkerson as a cure to what ails ya as much as a shiny new CB.  

If I had a 10 inch penis...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.