Skip to main content

A bigger concern to me than Myers is JRJ...I have no idea why he has ever started. Against elite DL he gets pushed back so fast he looks like he's on roller skates.

Last edited by Chongo

Disagree. JRJ is a good pass blocker. He does suck at the run game though. Myers is bad at everything and apparently he was so bad at line calls that AR12, errr AR8 spent much time telling him off.

@CUPackFan posted:

And it hurts knowing Creed Humphrey went the very next pick.

yuck, thanks for the subtle reminder. If you really want to get the point across though turn into a leg, humper like alphabet.

mention VaTJ Watt like a tweaking parrot  every 13 seconds.

@packerboi posted:

Speaking of OL, Sean is apparently in much better shape and more focused. Working with the #2's yesterday, had a nice showing. He can also play Center.

Its about time!

That's good news for Sean Rhyan.  I kind of wrote him off after a pretty disastrous rookie year.  And glad to see Toms is rolling his solid rookie season into this year. 

Does Rhyan play any center? 

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
Packers coach Matt LaFleur on competition at center between Josh Myers and Zach Tom: "Josh has done a really good job, but we need more consistency. We've got complete confidence that's he's capable of doing that."
Translation: We are looking for someone better than Meyers.
@FLPACKER posted:
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
Packers coach Matt LaFleur on competition at center between Josh Myers and Zach Tom: "Josh has done a really good job, but we need more consistency. We've got complete confidence that's he's capable of doing that."
Translation: We are looking for someone better than Meyers.

https://packers.timesfour.com/...0#714030421414667620

😀

@CUPackFan posted:

And it hurts knowing Creed Humphrey went the very next pick.

Hope Myers can turn it around and be a top 10 center.  Doesn't seem like it'll happen so hope he can at least be serviceable this year and find a long term solution in the offseason.   

That's part of the reason I wanted/thought Darnell Wright and Broderick Jones would be targets. Zach Tom is versatile, and if they got a rookie RT and Tom is ready, he replaces the weaker of Runyan and Myers. Want to be like San Fran? Want to best set up your new QB for success? Have a monster O-line across the board. Nijman is a swing/stop gap.

This is the year for that 2021 draft to show they were worthwhile picks, but Van Lanen is in Jacksonville, Newman looks like a long shot to be starting quality so Myers looks like the last chance.

@Herschel posted:

That's part of the reason I wanted/thought Darnell Wright and Broderick Jones would be targets. Zach Tom is versatile, and if they got a rookie RT and Tom is ready, he replaces the weaker of Runyan and Myers. Want to be like San Fran? Want to best set up your new QB for success? Have a monster O-line across the board. Nijman is a swing/stop gap.

This is the year for that 2021 draft to show they were worthwhile picks, but Van Lanen is in Jacksonville, Newman looks like a long shot to be starting quality so Myers looks like the last chance.

He lists a couple of late rounders as busts to make his point. Nice!

@Goalline posted:

The Packers had a full tackling scrimmage yesterday. I don't think they have ever done that under MLF. Hopefully, we are building a more physical team.

Playing tackle football?

What next?

@Goalline posted:

The Packers had a full tackling scrimmage yesterday. I don't think they have ever done that under MLF. Hopefully, we are building a more physical team.

Or hopefully they’re learning how to tackle if anything

@Goalline posted:

He lists a couple of late rounders as busts to make his point. Nice!

Round 3-5 are mid-rounders, not late, and outside of Bulaga, the Packers' most recent great offensive line was all 4th rounders or later.

Gutekunst has been spamming the poaition but is 1-for-2 in second round picks on the O-line and jack shit after, though Tom could make him 1-for-10. That's not a good hit rate.

The teams with the best offensive lines, Philly, KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, Dallas, Detroit, have either hit or invested in other teams' hits, as well.

@Herschel posted:

WAY too early to get concerned about a rookie kicker.

I remember being concerned when we drafted him. I hope he's watching film study of foot placement from some of the greats. I hope he can settle in.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.