Skip to main content

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not really off season but didn't know where else to put this:  Of the Packer road games in 2024 2 or maybe 3 ( Seattle, Tennessee, maybe Philly)  of the 8 will feature new head coaches. If we would play those games early in the season it could be a help to the Packers.

I don't blame Kelce one bit for retiring. Those interior linemen are some of the players most susceptible to CTE. The banging heads on every play is just a ton of repetitive force. Plus, he's at the bottom of the "tush push." Yuk.

@Fandame posted:

I don't blame Kelce one bit for retiring. Those interior linemen are some of the players most susceptible to CTE. The banging heads on every play is just a ton of repetitive force. Plus, he's at the bottom of the "tush push." Yuk.

I'm sure going up against Vita Vea didn't hurt, when it was time to make a decision. There may be 100 pound weight difference between the two.

@Goalline posted:

Next up? The Pro Football HOF.

Last season when the Pack gave up 300 yards rushing to the Eagles, Kelce was a big reason for that.  I was shocked at how bad Kenny Clark looked when he faced Kelce.  Just complete domination on Kelce’s part.  There aren’t many guys on this planet that can make Kenny Clark look pedestrian but Kelce was one of the elite few guys that could.

I saw a late push encouraging folks to not watch the game on Peacock because if it got good ratings, the NFL would parcel out many more games to different networks and make them all PPV. I can believe it.

It was clearly a "test" from the NFL....How many people would be willing to pay for the streaming service.

While NBC is tooting their own horn about the 23 million....how many people cancelled their accounts after the game?? They didn't mention that did they?

The illegal stream business is going to go WAYYY up!

Or....People will just go hang out at local bars or even go to the cities - In this case the game was on NBC over the Air TV, just only in KC & Miami. I think that's a league rule.

@Boris posted:

It was clearly a "test" from the NFL....How many people would be willing to pay for the streaming service.

While NBC is tooting their own horn about the 23 million....how many people cancelled their accounts after the game?? They didn't mention that did they?

Even if they only retained 3/23M, that's 3 million new subscriptions at $6/mo.  And people are really bad about cancelling subscriptions so it's probably higher.  Still cheaper than going to a bar to watch unless you buy 1 beer and that's it for the whole game.

Last edited by DH13

Soooo.....23M watched the game. A lot of folks like me get Peacock for free because of my current cable provider. I'm obviously not cancelling however my question is....

Of the NEW subscriptions... who did cancel after the game? And how many new subs did they get? That's the key info

@Boris posted:

Only guy on the Eagles that I liked.

@lovepack posted:

Peacock is considerably cheaper than others, isn't it? $5.99 ain't where Prime and Apple are.

Heard tonight on a Twin Cities news outlet that the way people watch sports, in Minnesota( and elsewhere, I assume), will undergo some changes, as Diamond Sports(?), the parent company of the Bally Sports franchises sold a 10% stake in their company to Amazon.com. The move gives Diamond Sports some breathing room, as they were in dire straits, financially. Not sure how the deal affects current contracts teams, like the Lynx, Vikings, etc. had with Bally Sports. The Minnesota Twins's contract with Bally Sports North expired this year, so what happens to them is also unknown at this time. Maybe they will get covered on MLB network? No word on what new kinds of packages Amazon will offer, or demand, either.

Last edited by mrtundra
@Boris posted:

I am shocked and actually happy for MM. He didn't deserve to get fired. Ran into a buzzsaw. It happens.....it's tough to win in the NFL

I'm happy MM didnt get fired. Not surprised at all.

I'm even happier now knowing Dallas won't win next year

The same crowd who seeks out information on the women Rodgers dates now disgusted with the media covering Kelce and Swift.

Reads like an Onion headline.  Y’all created this shit with your clicks trying to get the skinny on Blue or whatever her name is.

I've never understood the Jones/McCarthy dynamic.
It seems since the day he was hired, the media-spread rumor has been that Jones is just itching to fire MM.
First it was a games won minimum.
Next it was making the playoffs.
Then it became if he doesn't advance in the playoffs/ Superb Owl appearance.

Meanwhile, he has DallAss playing as well as they have over the last few years.
Dan Quinn may be a hotshot DC, but he was shit as a HC in Atlanta, so I didn't 'get' that angle either. And I can't think of a recent HC casualty that I would prefer over MM.

Now, a man has to have shit for brains to work for Jerry Jones in any capacity, and I'll assume there are many idiosyncrasies to doing so, so maybe it's to be expected or comes with the job. But I don't know how one is supposed to work under those conditions.

I thought MM would relish the thought of getting out from under Jerruh's thumb and ego. Now, I hear that Tomlin says he isn't leaving Pittsburgh, either, so MM's dream job there, ain't happening. If the same results happen in Dallas, next season, I think changes will be made, there. The pressure on MM has to be huge!

Last edited by mrtundra

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.