Skip to main content

@Timmy! posted:

If the Packers were at 90 players a day or two ago, and these last 2-3 guys have signed a contract since, shouldn't there be a corresponding release

As predicted, announced COB today:

Packers announced these moves:

Signed: WR Julian Hicks, WR Dimitri Stanley, OL Lecitus Smith

Released: CB Anthony Johnson, DL Deandre Johnson

Waived/injured: WR Thyrick Pitts

Nope....Anthony Johnson. Who bounced from the Saints PS to the Packers and never got in any NFL games but still got some money.

I would really like this job 😃

@Boris posted:

Nope....Anthony Johnson. Who bounced from the Saints PS to the Packers and never got in any NFL games but still got some money.

And all the food he could eat.

@Boris posted:

So who did you steal that history from?   

Coaches + players for the 2024 season are pretty much set after FA and the draft are completed.

Who/What is this team missing ?
Which position would you invest in a veteran to fill out the room ?

Mine ?  J.J. Watt

He can still bring it as a rotational DL, but even more for what he offers to a young team going on a run. I feel like this defense has plenty of talent and the coaching to get the most out of them...but they need another leader and Watt fits that role.

JJ recently told HC DeMeco Ryans he's ready to join the Texans if needed...maybe he'd consider a dream scenario in Titletown to close out his HOF career in style ?

What's your call for the missing piece ? Lots of vets available

LB or Safety seems to be a need. Of the two, seems like MLB is the most pressing. The have Quay, a 2nd Rounder, McDuffie (smallish), Wilson (STer), Welch, and a couple of other rookies. Thin availability in FA, but it would be good to get another veteran presence in there, even if just for camp.

Lol...a couple of other rookies at LB?  Very good chance Edge is starting day 1...Gute also did not use pick 91 on Hopper to see him ride pine.  While LB may be the most inexperienced group, lots of vets in the DL and the best FA safety is patrolling the back end.  Pretty sure the LBs will be ok - especially since the base defense will only be playing 3 LBs (and often will be only 2).

Lol...a couple of other rookies at LB?  Very good chance Edge is starting day 1...Gute also did not use pick 91 on Hopper to see him ride pine.  While LB may be the most inexperienced group, lots of vets in the DL and the best FA safety is patrolling the back end.  Pretty sure the LBs will be ok - especially since the base defense will only be playing 3 LBs (and often will be only 2).

The question I was answering was from Satori: Which position would you invest in a veteran to fill out the room ?

I'm not suggesting they need a starter.  I specifically mentioned Quay and a "2nd Rounder" (read - Cooper), then McDuffie, Wilson, Welch, "and a couple of other rookies".

My suggestion was a veteran to fill out the room, not necessarily start. I love the pick of Cooper. But I don't think it's a given he will step in and be a starter, let alone an impact player from day 1. Quay was a 1st Round pick and had growing pains. Heck, Jordan Morgan is a 1st Rounder and there's talk that he may start out as a Guard or first rotational swing player to start the season.

Anyway, I think it would be great if the team could get another veteran in the LB room, "even if just for camp", as a safety net. Make those rookies all earn their positions as opposed to default.

PLVA - didn't mean for my comment to come across as attacking - just would hate to see a veteran player come in and take away snaps from the youngsters.  Listened to an interview today with the voice of Packers radio, Wayne Larrivee, and he believes the Packers defense will be 4-2-5 like 70-80% of the time - he even said he wouldn't be surprised if the "green dot" is a safety (presumably McKinney).

BTW, I'm firmly in the Watt camp with Satori. 

PLVA - didn't mean for my comment to come across as attacking - just would hate to see a veteran player come in and take away snaps from the youngsters.  Listened to an interview today with the voice of Packers radio, Wayne Larrivee, and he believes the Packers defense will be 4-2-5 like 70-80% of the time - he even said he wouldn't be surprised if the "green dot" is a safety (presumably McKinney).

BTW, I'm firmly in the Watt camp with Satori.

Celebrity gf. Wearing red boxing gloves, musician Mr. Paradise puts up his fists and bobs, raising his chin as he says, “Let’s Go.”

@Satori posted:

Sir Charles is 48...not gonna be much help on the field.

Anybody in the sub-37 yrs category you'd like to add ?

I guess I should have added the  . I didn't think it would be necessary. But I sure would like someone with the leadership, drive, and moxie of Sir Charles.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.