Skip to main content

Originally Posted by turnip blood:

Herschel the difference between the tackles that have been traded and Newhouse is close enought for goverment work. 

So Newhousse is "close enough" to a top-10 OT? Take off the green & gold welding goggles.

Freeman makes sense for the Queens. Their draft history of QBs is terrible and Williams, Allen, Robison and Griffen all will be free agents this offseason so they'll need d-linemen also.

Bucs TE Tom Crabtree (ankle) practiced Monday, and is "hopeful" of making his 2013 debut Sunday.

The Bucs' starting tight end has been sidelined since the preseason finale with a high-ankle sprain. Tampa has been forced to mix-and-match with waiver-wire talents in Crabtree's absence. 
Originally Posted by Packy:

But, if Rodgers were injured and had to miss some games, which one would TT rather have playing?

The younger and cheaper player....because TT needs all the cap space he can find so he can trade for safety Jarius Byrd 

Per MM's PC today, while he was complimentary of Flynn sure didn't sound that there was interest there in bringing him back.

@MikeVandermause

MM: I'm very happy with quarterback room, the way it looks, the people in it. Flynn was a Packer, no comment on roster moves.

I wonder if some teams like the Giants, Tampa Bay or Pittsburg will start trading some good vets for draft picks since they are all in the rebuilding phase.  Not sure they have anyone that could help us a lot for a decent price.

vikings do that every Monday morning....

Freeman makes zero sense for them as a team, but they screw up everything they touch so Flynn is the one who lucked out

It also wouldn't surprise me if Reggie McKenzie waited until Freeman was signed before cutting Matt loose

Read a few different reports today that Flynn is still bothered by elbow tendinitis.

Packers might have been interested in Matt Flynn returning as backup to Aaron Rodgers except they believe his elbow injury an issue still

The Green Bay Packers have signed C Garth Gerhart to the practice squad and released WR Reggie Dunn from the practice squad. The transactions were announced Thursday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.