Skip to main content

ilcuqui posted:
Brown Paper Sack posted:

Maybe the Packers will put Quinten Rollins at his natural position; point guard, where he spent the majority of his college career.

One year of football at Miami-Ohio.  2nd round draft pick.

This brilliant revelation and observation makes our dear Goldie look timely. 

I'll also add the Ravens & Ozzie were really PO'd because they were going to draft him in the top part of the 3rd round.

I'm holding my thoughts on Rollins until I see this new defense & how he is used in it.

Re: Allen Robinson. He is dramatically under-rated as a WR. Rodgers will turn him into a superstar if he can stay healthy. He's only 24 years old. 

Sammy Watkins, he's interesting but I'd rather have AR-II

AR12 ---> AR2 = TD

Last edited by Boris

Cardinals back in the mix for Cousins?

Specifically, per Jurecki, the Cardinals plan to offer Cousins a five-year deal worth $145 million, which would mean Cousins makes $29 million per year, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history, surpassing Jimmy Garoppolo's average annual value. 

Additionally, Jurecki reports the offer would feature a $20 million signing bonus and $15 million in base salary in the first year, along with a whopping $90 million in guarantees over the first three years of the deal. 

ilcuqui posted:

Lotta ballgame left.

For all we know Gute and his crowd is just leaking more than TT did. Or showing more leg. The restless fan base which is just getting hit with ticket price increases wants at least some semblance of activity so this "flurry" makes sense on a lot of levels. Besides, ain't that their job at 1265? Work the phones, boys.

Last cutdown isn't until September so there is an eternity in NFL terms between now and then.

+1

It may all amount to nill and may be no more activity than typically occurs at 1265.  Just the exposure is different.  However considering all that has transpired in the FO over the last couple months, there is probably more fire to the smoke.  The challenge is working the financials after finding mutual interest.

I can see AR2 being a bit overrated and underrated.  Don't know enough about him other than others' opinions.  Our real only top need at WR is a top popping burner.  That kind of guy would make everyone on the current roster more dangerous and more than adequate.  Isn't that Watkins?  Anyone else doesn't add as much.

The depth at WR in this draft is so good I'd really like to see them go that direction instead of a high priced FA. Cobb/Jordy will be tough situations, but MM says he's retooling the offense and I'd be willing to bet we get the production from them that we should be getting at their salary (provided they and the QB stay healthy). A group with Adams, Cobb, Allison, Jordy and a speedy rookie actually looks really solid IMO...expensive, but that's a deep veteran group who are totally in sync with Rodgers. Graham might be an interesting pickup to see what kind of juice he has left provided it is a team friendly deal...heady veterans have a place for sure and Seattle doesn't have the most sophisticated passing offense to showcase skills, he might have something left. 

Eye Heart Green & Gold posted:

Wasnโ€™t much of a slam article on Cousins at all.  You should actually read it before you post your โ€œgotchyaโ€.

I hate to tell you this since you're always on the defensive but I would've told you that without an article.  I agree with McCloughan because he's right.  

Don't let me stop you from being giddy over an average QB.  

Last edited by Henry
michiganjoe posted:

Trevor Davis also brings a lot of speed. What Rodney should have said was the Packers need speed from a receiver who actually can play the position.

It still amazes me that MM or Bennett or Clements or_____ could not figure out a friggin' out route, a slant, a curl, or some SIMPLE route for a burner like Davis or Janis! to run a few times a game. Even if they didn't connect with Rodgers, just someone who could stretch the damn field and hit on a pass every now and then. 

When you go back and watch film when the Packers went 4-1 with a healthy Rodgers, aside from Adams, it's still Aaron waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to get open. Janis or Davis couldn't have helped even occasionally with that? 

I like Sammy Watkins a lot, so much talent.  Was he messed up in the head, or did playing in Buffalo with Hundley running QB and/or SD where he was underutilized mess with him?  He's be Alvin Harper to Davis's Irvin (minus to the coke and hookers), would he be cool with that?

Count me as a No for Graham, even as much as he would be a beast in AR's Red Zone.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.