Skip to main content

Take it for what its worth... I have a very good buddy that used to be a cop in Fort Myers, Florida where Sammy Watkins grew up.  The kid is a major punk and still maintains close ties to bangers on the streets.  He's not Packer people by any stretch of the imagination.  

Brown Paper Sack posted:
Packdog posted:

Billboard in MKE:

Personally would rather sign FA CB, DL, WR, before a older TE whos had a up and down career and cant block to save his life...bet he goes back to NO. 

Can't have a Packer-themed billboard without the word "injury" in it.

Yeah, the injuries have  occurred at a frustrating rate. The Packers even had to deal with significant injuries on the way to several of their World Championships. 

Hope we don't have to suffer through another injury riddled  season while on the journey to our 14th World Championship.  

*sigh* so nice 

Pakrz posted:

Take it for what its worth... I have a very good buddy that used to be a cop in Fort Myers, Florida where Sammy Watkins grew up.  The kid is a major punk and still maintains close ties to bangers on the streets.  He's not Packer people by any stretch of the imagination.  

So, he's a Bear then

Packdog posted:
Brown Paper Sack posted:
Packdog posted:

Billboard in MKE:

Personally would rather sign FA CB, DL, WR, before a older TE whos had a up and down career and cant block to save his life...bet he goes back to NO. 

Yeah, the injuries have  occurred at a frustrating rate. The Packers even had to deal with significant injuries on the way to several of their World Championships. 

Hope we don't have to suffer through another injury riddled  season while on the journey to our 14th World Championship.  

*sigh* so nice 

What kind of maladies did the team suffer back in the 1700's when they played the Winona Chickenbeaks for the Championship Title Of Titles game?

Yellow Fever?  Smallpox?

Nothing a good bloodletting couldn't have fixed.

Henry posted:

If it came down to FA dollars I do agree with GD. They need vets on defense.  Just a fact.  I’m also curious to Jahri Evans status. 

Evans is, shall we say, old. He'll be there until well after the draft but I'd guess he'll be in camp somewhere if he wants to play, or he'll sign a one-day with New Orleans and retire. 

Last edited by michiganjoe

If Keenum plays like he did last year, the price difference between he and Cousins would make him a better value. If he regresses to the mean, it's a waste of cash unless he's a bridge to a guy they get this year. If, for example, they miss on the "big four" (or maybe even with Josh Allen) there's still guys like Kyle Lauletta, Kurt Benkert and especially Mike White with a solid skill who could be very good with some development. 

mrtundra posted:

What is wrong with saying something like: "I like Casey Keenum.  He did a very good job for us under difficult conditions last year.  But I don't know how the discussions between him and our GM are going.  There is a lot that goes into re-signing a player."  Instead of this "we're going thru the process" stuff.  At least what I suggest leaves a good impression and the door open for an outcome one way or the other. 

michiganjoe posted:

And people say Cobb and Nelson are overpaid?

Brown Paper Sack posted:

What kind of maladies did the team suffer back in the 1700's when they played the Winona Chickenbeaks for the Championship Title Of Titles game?

Yellow Fever?  Smallpox?

A lack of tradition is nothing to be proud of.  Well, for you it might be required. 

*Everyone else on BPS birthday* "Why is there a complete void in my calendar this month"? 

Although I gotta say you've got more substance than Jaymo.  That kid is disintegrating as we speak.  You may need to gather the Purple He-man Women Haters club to save him.  

Last edited by Henry
Brown Paper Sack posted:
Packdog posted:
Brown Paper Sack posted:
Packdog posted:

Billboard in MKE:

*sigh* so nice 

Yellow Fever?  Smallpox?

57 years of being in the NFL with nothing to show for it. But we can't talk about that because it's in the past. All those Super Bowl losses you have had to endure, all those NFC Championship heart breaking losses that you experienced. Too bad I forgot that we cannot talk about the past when it comes to the vikings. Just because your team has never won anything, doesn't give you the right to cut on our traditions and our 13 World Championships. If jealousy were a color, it would be purple. Now, go away and play in the street. 

Eye Heart Green & Gold posted:

“Things are going to be different under Gutey!!!

Wilkerson!

Robinson!

Watkins!

Graham!”

:airleakingoutofballoonchat:

Neither Wilkerson, Graham or any CB other than Sherman and the eternal David Amerson have been signed.  WR in FA is a luxury position and Wilkerson is a question mark.  The major focus in FA is CB and TE second.  

Last edited by Henry
Brown Paper Sack posted:

The are expected to sign former WR Allen Robinson, sources say. A big-time pass-catcher off the market.

Sorry fellas!

If true... AR is a good player but he'll need to triple his catch radius to field Trubisky's wiffle balls.

Last edited by ilcuqui

Sort of what I expected. The free agent frenzy will have to settle down a bit before the GBP's can sign a good player at a reasonable price. Besides when teams look at their rosters and see whats left I expect more players to be released for cap reasons and not count against the comp pick formula. BG is probably more like TT than reported.

At least they are looking and hoping to find a match at a good price.

I think where Gute was coming from is the Packers wanted to at least know what the FA Day 1 players were looking for.  TT wouldn't even pay attention for the first few days.   Doesn't mean he will sign them.

As already mentioned, we need a CB in FA and is the biggest hole on the roster right now.  A WR or DL is kind of a luxury.

Agree. ^^ At least Gute gets GB's name out there as willing to look at early FAs vs TT's do-nothing-until-prices-come-down attitude. It's a signal that GB, at least on the surface, is willing to do business differently.

50k Club posted:

I think where Gute was coming from is the Packers wanted to at least know what the FA Day 1 players were looking for.  TT wouldn't even pay attention for the first few days.   Doesn't mean he will sign them.

As already mentioned, we need a CB in FA and is the biggest hole on the roster right now.  A WR or DL is kind of a luxury.

As Boris mentioned I'm sure there are plays for FAs for various subterfuge.  

packerboi posted:

If I'm Davante Adams, I'm sorta happy I've got the QB throwing to me that I do. 

packerboi posted:

It's all about the guaranteed money, especially for a guy with multiple concussions (I don't think he's especially prone to concussions, he just got cheap shotted twice).

Adams- 59 games, 237 catches, 2811 yards, 26 TDs

Robinson - 43 games, 202 catches, 2848 yards, 22 TDs

Watkins - 52 games, 192 catches, 3052 yards, 25 TDs

For about 50 games, Adams played with Aaron Rodgers. Robinson got to catch passes from Blake Bortles and Watkins from Tyrod Taylor for the majority of his games.

I think Adams did just fine. It's a fair contract for both sides.

michiganjoe posted:

I wonder if they talk about the ZERO Championships thing during the visit.

I don't think teams are the ones that actually get their names out there, I think it's agents. I don't think it happened that often with TT because other teams knew that it was likely bogus, knowing his philosophy on FA's. Gute is new and teams don't know if that interest is genuine or if it's smoke, especially with him stating he wanted to be aggressive in FA. Ultimately I think Gute will take a page from his former bosses and will only land FA's that will accept mostly team friendly deals, which is a very Ron Wolf thing IMO. Wolf broke the bank for Reggie, but overall he found a lot of undervalued guys he knew could still contribute (similar to Belichick). 

Packdog posted:
michiganjoe posted:

I wonder if they talk about the ZERO Championships thing during the visit.

Just like they will be doing in 4 years when they're looking for a new QB and HC. 

Welp.....guess it's all locked up!

Might as well just hand the trophy to the Vikings now. Why even play the games?

Minnesota Vikings - your undefeated champions of March & April

Last edited by Boris
Last edited by michiganjoe

I see Cousins as a less skilled version of Matt Stafford. They are good enough to win with and could make a Pro Bowl if everything falls right, but they are not at the Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc. level. Cousins is an upgrade from Keenum or a healthy Bradford, but not a huge leap up. He keeps the Viking in the Super Bowl conversation (as opposed to having Teddy Bridgewater throwing 15 yard passes all day), but I would be surprised if their odds in Vegas go up too much.

The Vikings are good enough to win with Keenum or with Cousins. I don't think Pettine is going to lose sleep by having to scheme against Cousins as opposed to Keenum. Cousins is still the 3rd best QB in the division.

michiganjoe posted:

I'm less concerned about the Vikings getting Cousins than I am about what an 84 million dollar guaranteed deal means for what Rodgers guaranteed money will be. If Cousins is worth 28 million, then is Rodgers worth 40 a year? He won't get that, but he may get 120 million over 4 years with 80 million guaranteed. They'll probably have to go at least 4 years to make the signing bonus work.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.