Skip to main content

Grave Digger posted:

Rumor Mill: my cousin lives in the same neighborhood as Jordy and Nick Perry. She's two doors down form Perry, said he plays with his kids a lot (younger kids, under 5 she guessed) and seems like a really good dad. Her best friend is friends with Jordy's wife. The wife has apparently been telling friends this is his last year in GB. Apparently they're saying GB is planning to move on after this year and if so, Jordy will retire and move back to Kansas. He's not interested in going anywhere else, so if they decide to keep him he will play, otherwise he's retiring. TIFWIW. 

2017 Training Camp Thread...Looks like the Suamico housewives rumormill  got one part right. I wouldn't doubt it if he ends up also retiring.  

packerboi posted:

BTW, with Cleveland’s ridiculous cap space and all those ties to the Packers, you have to think they’ll go sign Jordy. 

If they don't re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal, I would bet Jordy would retire.  Can't see him playing anywhere else.  Why does his breakout in the Super Bowl seem like it was just yesterday??

RochNyFan posted:
packerboi posted:

BTW, with Cleveland’s ridiculous cap space and all those ties to the Packers, you have to think they’ll go sign Jordy. 

If they don't re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal, I would bet Jordy would retire.  Can't see him playing anywhere else.  Why does his breakout in the Super Bowl seem like it was just yesterday??

Don’t underestimate the power of $$$$. Cleveland has a ton of it and could make him an offer he can’t refuse. 

packerboi posted:
RochNyFan posted:
packerboi posted:

Don’t underestimate the power of $$$$. Cleveland has a ton of it and could make him an offer he can’t refuse. 

Tyrod Taylor would $hit his drawers having Josh Gordon and Jordy to throw to after all the garbage he had at receiver in Buffalo. 

Cutting Nelson hurts, but its the right move.  Chemistry is one thing, but if you can't get open any more, what good does it do.  

I'm glad we got Graham, but he is a short term answer.  

As Henry has said, this team needs to get a starting CB during the FA period.  For this team to move forward, it will have to cut ties with some of our favorite Packers. Cobb, Bulaga, Mathews are not going to be on this team much longer.  The key to keeping the Packers Super Bowl window open is a healthy AR and hitting in the next 2 drafts.  They must find impact players/stars that are being paid on their rookie deals.  

DocBenni posted:

Cutting Nelson hurts, but its the right move.  Chemistry is one thing, but if you can't get open any more, what good does it do.  

I'm glad we got Graham, but he is a short term answer.  

As Henry has said, this team needs to get a starting CB during the FA period.  For this team to move forward, it will have to cut ties with some of our favorite Packers. Cobb, Bulaga, Mathews are not going to be on this team much longer.  The key to keeping the Packers Super Bowl window open is a healthy AR and hitting in the next 2 drafts.  They must find impact players/stars that are being paid on their rookie deals.  

How dare you be reasonable/logical at a time like this, lol.

Packers’ GM Brian Gutekunst in a statement on a Jordy Nelson:

“We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years,” Gutekunst said. “He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best.”

DH13 posted:

Still lots of value left in 87.  He could head west.

I loved Jordy, but there isn't that much value left. His value at this point is on back shoulder throws with Rodgers. At the end of last year, he was being covered 1x1 by below average CBs and getting no separation in man coverage. You could argue that playing with Hundley really hurt him, but even on the passes he caught he couldn't make anyone miss anymore. There were a lot of 2-5 yard catches that stayed as 2-5 yard catches. Jordy closer to his prime would break a lot of tackles. He turned into RichRod after the catch this year.

It would hurt to have him go to the Vikings, but I doubt that happens either. 33 year old with backup WR talent who can't play special teams are not of much value.

Unfortunately, time always wins.

RochNyFan posted:
packerboi posted:

Shoot, it seems like Favre to Rison in the Super Bowl was just yesterday.

bigdoggyjude posted:

I doubt 87 wears a new uni. It’s packers or Kansas Farm. He seemed at peace with either. 

I've always admired the down-to-earth, humble nature of Jordy, but also wondered if his love for farming precluded him from training year round like most pro athletes do.  Wonder if his career would have been extended for a few more years. 

MichiganPacker posted:
DH13 posted:

Still lots of value left in 87.  He could head west.

I loved Jordy, but there isn't that much value left. His value at this point is on back shoulder throws with Rodgers. At the end of last year, he was being covered 1x1 by below average CBs and getting no separation in man coverage. You could argue that playing with Hundley really hurt him, but even on the passes he caught he couldn't make anyone miss anymore. There were a lot of 2-5 yard catches that stayed as 2-5 yard catches. Jordy closer to his prime would break a lot of tackles. He turned into RichRod after the catch this year.

It would hurt to have him go to the Vikings, but I doubt that happens either. 33 year old with backup WR talent who can't play special teams are not of much value.

Unfortunately, time always wins.

Disagree.  Plenty productive with AR last year, open or not.  With a legit outside WR (FA or draft), he becomes even more effective in the slot.

Anyone questioning Jordy's work ethic needs their heads examined.  Unless it's plausible you can tear your ACL and fall off the tractor the next season to be comeback player of the year at 31yrs old.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.