Skip to main content

Grave Digger posted:
Packdog posted:
michiganjoe posted:

I wonder if they talk about the ZERO Championships thing during the visit.

Just like they will be doing in 4 years when they're looking for a new QB and HC. 

Are you SURE it's going to take 4 years? 

sucks about Nelson and Id love to see him back at a discount.

But last year I was upset about his effort. he absolutely mailed it in when we needed veteran WR to step up. Adams took advantage of that. Nelson looked like he gave up. Frequently went to the ground before contact, headed for the boundary or half assed some catch attempts. Im guessing the staff saw the same thing on film.

Cobb still has alot left but just misused in the offense. Montgomery is also an addition to the WR group this year. I think Nelson is almost not worth anyone elses time except if hes paired with AR, Brees or Brady. I dont see big numbers in any other system 

Last edited by WolfPack
β€œHis numbers over 48 games.......”

48 games is 4 seasons of work.

Cousins: 13,176 yds, 81 TDs, 36 INTs, 97.6,  24-23-1  W/L/T

Rodgers: 12,631 yds, 108 TDs, 24 INTs, 105,  31-17-0  W/L/T

107 and 81 are not comparable.

36 and 25 are not comparable.

105 and 97.6 are not comparable. In today's passing league, many, many QBs have ratings in the high 90's. Few, 1 consistently, have ratings in the 100's.

24-23-1 is not comparable to 31-17-0

packerboi posted:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Packers’ WR Jordy Nelson, who turns 33 in May, wants to continue playing, per source.

Source = Jordy's agent

Jordy still had great hands, but had no separation at all last year. Signing Graham takes away some of Jordy's (great hands) RZ opportunities.

I would have liked to see them keep Jordy for his last year, but I expect they will be better at WR in 2018 without him.

Last edited by H5
FinnLander posted:

Jordy with AR last  year:

Game 1 - 7 for 79, long of 32, 1 TD

Game 2 - missed

Game 3 - 6 for 52, long of 23, 2 TD

Game 4 - 4 for 75, long of 58, 2 TD

Game 5 - 2 for 24, long of 14, 1 TD

Game 6 - 6 for 60, long of 26, 0 TD (AR injured, was 2 of 4 at the time)

Hundley killed Nelson's career.  Here's hoping that Jordy resigns w/ GB at a reasonable rate.

AR played five full games last season. Jordy missed one of those games but caught six TDs in the other four.  Six TDs over five games had him on pace to catch 18 TDs over the season.  That would have led the league by five.

Maybe Jordy wouldn’t take a pay cut, but that’s not what we’re seeing in the news so far.

Thanks Hundley.

2017 season[edit]

On December 15, the Jets announced that Wilkerson would be scratched for the upcoming Week 15 game against the New Orleans Saints due to showing up late for a team meeting. It was also revealed the Wilkerson had a history of violating team rules, including showing up late or missing team meetings, therefore putting his tenure with the Jets in jeopardy.[23] Wilkerson was inactive again for Week 16 against the Los Angeles Chargers. It was revealed that Wilkerson showed up late for team meetings four times in the past three years, and the Jets posed a threat to release Wilkerson if he was inactive for one more game due to any sort of disciplinary reason.[24]Ultimately, Wilkerson was declared inactive for the season finale against the New England Patriots in Week 17.[25] Limited to 13 games (12 starts), Wilkerson finished with 46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 passes defended, and an interception.

Lombardi just rolled a bit.

An interior DL of Daniels, Clark, and a motivated Wilkerson would be among the best rotations in the NFL. Not to mention Wilkerson can play any of the positions. 

Should make running against the Packers that much harder and should open some big gaps for LB's to get to the QB. They still need multiple CB's but this could also make average CB's look a lot better if the QB can't get a pocket to throw from. 

Blair Kiel posted:

2017 season[edit]

On December 15, the Jets announced that Wilkerson would be scratched for the upcoming Week 15 game against the New Orleans Saints due to showing up late for a team meeting. It was also revealed the Wilkerson had a history of violating team rules, including showing up late or missing team meetings, therefore putting his tenure with the Jets in jeopardy.[23] Wilkerson was inactive again for Week 16 against the Los Angeles Chargers. It was revealed that Wilkerson showed up late for team meetings four times in the past three years, and the Jets posed a threat to release Wilkerson if he was inactive for one more game due to any sort of disciplinary reason.[24]Ultimately, Wilkerson was declared inactive for the season finale against the New England Patriots in Week 17.[25] Limited to 13 games (12 starts), Wilkerson finished with 46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 passes defended, and an interception.

Lombardi just rolled a bit.

We'll see. Scooter McLean's 1958 1-10-1 Packers (worst record in team history) were full of heavy drinking party boys who blew off practices and game performances. Scooter played poker and drank with the boys on the trains following losses. Party boys like Max McGee, Paul Hornung, Ron Kramer and a rookie named Ray NItschke. 

Lombardi became coach the next year. Attitude is everything. 

Last edited by ilcuqui
packerboi posted:

So they’re definitely taking a CB at 14 and probably another two times at some point in the draft.

Packdog posted:

Sh*t that’s a good deal. $5 mil for Mo Wilkerson, even coming off a couple down years is really good. Hope the Graham numbers are just as good. I have no doubt he will play motivated football this year trying to earn another big deal. Gonna be fun to watch.

That is a nice deal for Wilkerson.  Would have preferred 2 years but it's clear he wants a 1 year prove it deal to cash in on one last contract.  I have to assume Pettine's DL scheme is different than C*****.  Sounds like he plans on using more 3 DL fronts versus C*****' DL fronts, which were typically 2 DL.  

So hey, if you don't have any CBs, may as well have a crazy good pass rush.  Wilkerson, Clark, Daniels, CMIII and Perry should be able to get after the QB.  

And I love the Graham signing.  He was never going to fit in Seattle with Russell Wilson.  Wilson, for all his strengths as a QB, was never going to be a precision QB.  He was always going to drop back, maybe do an RPO, run around a bit and make something happen.  I don't think Graham is that kind of player.  He wants to be on schedule, run his route and expect a pass in the right spot.  Worked with BRees so figure it'll work with Rodgers.  

Also, for people who keep saying Graham's game was garbage in Seattle, he still had a damn good 2017.  It just wasn't as good as it was with a great QB.  I expect Graham to haul in 80 passes, 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.  If he stays healthy, this should work out well.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.