Fandame posted:
FinnLander posted:

Jordy with AR last  year:

Game 1 - 7 for 79, long of 32, 1 TD

Game 2 - missed

Game 3 - 6 for 52, long of 23, 2 TD

Game 4 - 4 for 75, long of 58, 2 TD

Game 5 - 2 for 24, long of 14, 1 TD

Game 6 - 6 for 60, long of 26, 0 TD (AR injured, was 2 of 4 at the time)

Hundley killed Nelson's career.  Here's hoping that Jordy resigns w/ GB at a reasonable rate.

Take another look at those games with AR:

Game1 - 1 catch for 32, six for 47 (<8 yds ave)

Game 3 - 1 catch for 23, five for 29 (<6 ave)

Game 4 - 1 catch for 58, three for 17 (<6 ave)

Game 5 - 1 catch for 14, one for 10 (10 ave)

Game 6 - 1 catch for 26, five for 34 (<7 ave)

Jordy was good for one long catch per game, but his average on the others was not that of a No. 1 WR. If I recall, most of the TDs were also short. And he had Adams to take pressure off him. Hundley didn’t kill Jordy’s career; it was already tailing off. 

Love Jordy and a class act, but his production was dropping. 

So why remove the 1 big catch?  It counts just like the others.  And no mention of the TDs (6 in 5 games).  GB could use that production.

Your attempt at censoring data is like trying to prop up a QB by saying "Well, if we take out 1 INT per game, he's looking pretty good".  Don't work that way.

Brown Paper Sack posted:

Is Jimmy Graham already the best Packer TE in history? 

Bubbles Franks?  Paul Coffman? 

Not much to choose from.

Once again Nut Sack shows he has no appreciation of NFL history. He's never heard of Ron Kramer and Marv Fleming.  I bet he doesn't even know who Norm Van Brocklin is either. Of course to him the NFL started in 1990 or so.   Go crawl back under the rock you crawled of from under.

fightphoe93 posted:

On a side note, I believe www.firegutekunst.com is still available on godaddy.com if anyone has had enough of him already.  

Sign Graham

Sign Wilkerson

Cut Nelson

Welcome to the high stakes world of the early FA feeding frenzy.  This is where we overpay for the perceived production we may or may not get.  We Packer fans haven't been here in recent memory and I hope it all works out to every ones satisfaction.  I am not saying it will or won't.  All I am saying is that like chess when you make a move, you deliberately choose not to make other moves.  And more often than not, those define how the game goes.  I say we see where this goes.  After all; it isn't our money, we haven't been here in a while, and the alternatives haven't gotten us any further. 

Rodgers won an MVP, took a team to the NFCC and lost in OT with a pulled calf muscle and minimal help on defense. The Vikings got blown out of the NFCC with a healthy defense and replaced their QB with a way more expensive one who has fewer playoff wins. I wouldn’t be talking too much trash honestly, but I guess it is that time of year when Vikings fans hoist their off-season Lombardi trophy.

Packdog posted:

Like the one year deal. Should come ready to play. 

Daniels, Kenny Clark, Wilkerson, Lowery is pretty solid. 

Now lets tweak the back end. 

One report says the Packers now have one of, if not the best DLines in the NFL. If Wilkerson can deliver, our run defense just got a whole lot better! The interior push should pressure a lot of QBs, as well. Pettine, as DC, made Wilkerson's decision to come to GB an easy one.

If nothing else we've just made it harder for OL to double Daniels or Perry. Pettine doesn't blitz much, so a lot is going to be asked of the front 4/5 guys to get pressure. Odds are good that either Daniels, Wilkerson, Clark, Perry, or CM can win a 1 on 1 on any given play. I think we're seeing this D start to take shape and what kind of alignment we're going to see regularly... Wilkerson at 5, Clark at 1 or 0, Daniels at 3, and Perry standing or down with CM off the ball at SLB, Martinez at MLB, and TBD (possibly Jones) at WLB. That would be my guess because you want your best 11 on the field and right now our strength is squarely in the front 7. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Trevor Siemian on the block

Depends on compensation, but if they would take a 6th or 7th or some pick swapping earlier then I would make the deal. He's been inconsistent, but I think he could actually be a lot better if he was in a stronger QB room learning from ARod. I'd feel better having him as QB2 than I do Kizer or Hundley and really there's no downside to more competition in the QB room. We shouldn't stand pat with Joe Callahan as depth, we should be looking to improve starters AND depth. If a guy like Siemian can be had for cheap, then bring him in to compete...it only makes the position group better when there's legit competition.  

Brown Paper Sack posted:

Is Jimmy Graham already the best Packer TE in history? 

Bubbles Franks?  Paul Coffman? 

Not much to choose from.

From el cielo:

Fuzzy:                         wtf over

Ray:                            let me at him

Vince:                         NOW, MEN...

Ron Kramer:             Sorry boss. Time for a road trip. Hold my beer...

Max:                           I will

Last edited by ilcuqui
Grave Digger posted:

Does that exist? Fart Cousins is the best QB in the league, he doesn't need any other QBs in the room. Vickings are smert, they save money by not even having other Qbs. Mike Zimner keeps one eye on the defense and one eye on the QBs.

^^Jaymo triggered^^

Seriously, I think Kizer is good enough. Cut Hundley or trade him to AZ for a 7th. Save the 3rd QB spot for another DB / ST player.

Keep 2 QB's only.

Last edited by Boris
Grave Digger posted:

Does that exist? Fart Cousins is the best QB in the league, he doesn't need any other QBs in the room. Vickings are smert, they save money by not even having other Qbs. Mike Zimner keeps one eye on the defense and one eye on the QBs.

“Mike Zimner keeps one eye on the defense and one eye on the QBs.”

i see what you did there!  ðŸ‘€ðŸ˜œ

Brainwashed Boris posted:
Grave Digger posted:

^^Jaymo triggered^^

Seriously, I think Kizer is good enough. Cut Hundley or trade him to AZ for a 7th. Save the 3rd QB spot for another DB / ST player.

Keep 2 QB's only.

I agree. There is no need to keep both Hundley and Kizer around. Is there anything Hundley did last year than Kizer couldn't do right now? I would like them to consider bringing in a old, savvy veteran QB type that could let Kizer rinse the Browns stink off him for a year and just sit and learn. I think these types of guys that play before they are ready sometimes get the equivalent of QB PTSD and you have to work with them to get them right. A Matt Cassel/Matt Moore type at the right price would be a good fit.

I think Kizer has some value, but not if Rodgers goes down in Week 5 with a pulled hamstring and has to sit out a month. Then Kizer gets thrown back into the wolves before he's probably going to be ready. Although now the best advice for a Kizer/Hundley type if they had to play would be to drop back and lob the ball to Jimmy Graham for a jump ball on 3rd down.

Last edited by MichiganPacker

Love what Gutey & Co. are doing so far.  Very impressive.

In terms of the CB market, we still have options even though the big names are gone.  Consider the following:  

• Patrick Robinson (PFF #6 CB)
  • Tramon Williams (PFF #9 CB)
  • EJ Gaines (PFF #13 CB)
  • Rashaan Melvin (PFF #17 CB)
  • J. Carrie (PFF #21 CB)
  • Bryce Callahan (PFF #31 CB)
  • Darqueze Dennard (PFF #32 CB)
  • Ross Cockrell (PFF #39 CB)
  • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (PFF #58 CB)

All of these guys will be signed for much more reasonable contracts than those handed out thus far.  

Last edited by Lambeau Lobo
Chongo posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Spurt Cousins would have been the more obvious choice.

Image result for my middle name is kurt not fart

Is his name Kurt Cousins or Fart Cousins...I don't remember at this point. 

YATittle posted:

Is Tramon Williams a former Packer? He was done when he left.

He really wasn't.  He's played some decent ball.  Like GD said, he's lost a step but he's still aggressive.  Considering he was pretty damn fast in the first place it's not a horrible option for rotation.  He may be a bit of midget for Pettine though.

Last edited by Henry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.