Skip to main content

Morgan Burnett's price could be too steep for Packers

The Packers had exploratory conversations with Burnett’s representation two weeks ago at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, sources said. At the time, one source said, Burnett’s asking price averaged more than $8.5 million annually.

Hadn't seen that number before.

ilcuqui posted:

Tyrann Matthieu cut by the Cardinals is official. Hmmm.

Sure, now that the most sought after CBs are off the market let's spend a bunch of money on a guy who has torn everything there is to tear in both knees and has spent more seasons on IR than he has playing.

Let's not even talk about his drug problems in college. Okay, let's talk about them. Dude's a druggie.

He fell in the draft for a reason. League minimum with next to no cap hit? Sure, take a flyer. Anything else, no.

Mathieu's played in 66 out of a possible 80 games since coming into the league and was first team all pro in 2015. He carries injury risk yes and he's not a guy I would break the bank for, but he would instantly become the best Safety in GB upon arrival. I remember him being a problem child at LSU, but to my knowledge he's stayed clean and out of trouble since coming to the NFL. He's married with a couple kids now. If they're pursuing a FS, they need to pony up for Earl Thomas. Guys a game changer. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

Pat Robinson and Breeland are both off the market now. Tramon, EJ Gaines, and Melvin are the best available CBs. TJ Carrie (Oakland) might be one to watch, I'm not sure why Oakland hasn't re-signed him. Not a superstar, but so far has proved to be a good CB. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

At one time, a high Lions pick that busted:

YATittle posted:

You have to wonder if this is Hundley's agent doing this.

Did the Raiders and Titans watch all his game film or did they just watch his performance against the Steelers and Browns?

Hundley was 52-72 for 510 yards, 6 TDs, and 0 interceptions against the Steelers and Browns. That's a 119.6 QB rating.

He was 140-244 for 1326 yards, 3 TDs, and 12 interceptions in 8 games against everyone else. That's a 56.1 QB rating.

I wouldn't have thought they could get a dozen doughnuts for him after this year but teams want to trade a pick for him? Either they think MM is a terrible QB coach and Hundley suffered because of it or that there was no talent around him to let him succeed?

If Jordy ends up with the Raiders too maybe they can rekindle the chemistry they had on the field.

That story on Hundley was five days ago and if nothing has happened by now it likely won't. See them only keeping two QBs (AR and Kizer) and if the Packers can get anything for him they should take it and run.

michiganjoe posted:

Packers’ GM Brian Gutekunst in a statement on a Jordy Nelson:

“We cannot thank Jordy enough for all that he has given the Green Bay Packers and our community for the past 10 years,” Gutekunst said. “He has been an exemplary professional and teammate and greatly contributed to our success. Jordy will always be a member of the Packers family and we look forward to his eventual induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. We wish Jordy, his wife Emily, and the rest of their family all the best.”

That statement has an air of finality to it.

Thanks Jordy!

MichiganPacker posted:
YATittle posted:

Did the Raiders and Titans watch all his game film or did they just watch his performance against the Steelers and Browns?

Hundley was 52-72 for 510 yards, 6 TDs, and 0 interceptions against the Steelers and Browns. That's a 119.6 QB rating.

He was 140-244 for 1326 yards, 3 TDs, and 12 interceptions in 8 games against everyone else. That's a 56.1 QB rating.

I wouldn't have thought they could get a dozen doughnuts for him after this year but teams want to trade a pick for him? Either they think MM is a terrible QB coach and Hundley suffered because of it or that there was no talent around him to let him succeed?

If Jordy ends up with the Raiders too maybe they can rekindle the chemistry they had on the field.

I know you are stuck on bashing Hundley--but surely you are aware that we traded for a guy who threw 22 interceptions last year, fumbled 5 times, and had a 60.5 QB rating. 

Last edited by slowmo
slowmo posted:
MichiganPacker posted:
YATittle posted:

I know you are stuck on bashing Hundley--but surely you are aware that we traded for a guy who threw 22 interceptions last year, fumbled 5 times, and had a 60.5 QB rating. 

I know what you are saying, but Hundley had three years to get ready to function sitting behind Aaron Rodgers and sitting with an alleged QB guru. Kizer had to start for one of the worst teams in NFL history right out of college.

I wouldn't bet much on either one being a good NFL QB at this point, but I think Hundley should have been much better than he was. Kizer - I guess time will tel..

michiganjoe posted:

That story on Hundley was five days ago and if nothing has happened by now it likely won't. See them only keeping two QBs (AR and Kizer) and if the Packers can get anything for him they should take it and run.

So why re-sign Callahan?
Camp body?

slowmo posted:

You are missing the point. And that point is that Kizer IS NOT Hundley.

packerboi posted:

Want to add Suh to our D-Line?

packerboi posted:

Why? Are they not confident they have Cousins? After all, they have the world-beater Sloter as a backup!

slowmo posted:

Played on the Browns as a rookie vs. 3 years of development on the Packers.  Has a bigger arm and enough talent to be a top tier pick.  

packerboi posted:

The Vike's found out that Jaymo doesn't want Cousins anywhere near his  team.

Last edited by Packiderm

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.