Skip to main content

6.5m is around what I was guessing would be the cut he would take to stay with the Packers.  It is interesting that the Pack didn't approach him about a cut from all reports.  Combined with the amount of interest he seemed to have generated on the market, is it that the Packers 1) underestimated his value 2) other teams are overestimating what he had left, or do the Packers have a plan to upgrade the position?  It will be interesting to see what they do at WR in the draft, as much as I like Allison, don't see him replacing Nelson, Trevor Davis definitely not.  I could see Montgomery replacing Cobb, but not Nelson.  I am sure there is a plan, so will wait to see.

Find it interesting that no other team even made any serious offer to Cousins. Not NY, which preferred Bridgewater, not Denver, which wanted Keenum, etc. And once MN said in the media they were offering $84 million, they couldn’t back down. They put a big number out there and bid against themselves.

GratefulPack posted:

6.5m is around what I was guessing would be the cut he would take to stay with the Packers.  It is interesting that the Pack didn't approach him about a cut from all reports.  Combined with the amount of interest he seemed to have generated on the market, is it that the Packers 1) underestimated his value 2) other teams are overestimating what he had left, or do the Packers have a plan to upgrade the position?  It will be interesting to see what they do at WR in the draft, as much as I like Allison, don't see him replacing Nelson, Trevor Davis definitely not.  I could see Montgomery replacing Cobb, but not Nelson.  I am sure there is a plan, so will wait to see.

Good post.

He's a 33 year old WR. I think he can be a decent possession receiver at this point in his career- like James Jones was in 2016, but not much more.

Report suggested the Packers offered him 2 million to stay. He got 13 million guaranteed to go elsewhere. He got 46 million from the Packers over 10 years. He'll get almost a third of that for playing two with Oakland. That's crazy, but good for him.

He'll probably have a few good games, but I think his ceiling is probably 50 catches, 750 yards, and 8 TDs.

This will likely end up like Jennings (Vikings/Dolphins) and Jones (Raiders/Giants) and Jordy may be a salary cap cut next year about this time next year depending on how the guaranteed money is structured.

McKenzie isn't new to this rodeo. Adding Jordy makes Amari Cooper harder to deal with. Losing Jordy makes Devante Adams easier to deal with. 

Jordy has plenty left in the tank. Gute needs a WR plan otherwise Adam's is going to see permanent double teams. And I'm not sure he's wired to be the #1 in GB with all that attention. 

GB needs a WR other than Cobb or Allison. It certainly isn't Davis or Janis. 

MichiganPacker posted:

He'll probably have a few good games, but I think his ceiling is probably 50 catches, 750 yards, and 8 TDs.

This will likely end up like Jennings (Vikings/Dolphins) and Jones (Raiders/Giants) and Jordy may be a salary cap cut next year about this time next year depending on how the guaranteed money is structured.

Jordy would need to play on a motorcycle to average 15 yards per catch at this point.

ChilliJon posted:

I suspect this is who you see lining up with Graham and Davis.  The running game is the new twist that will make it work OK

Fandame posted:

Find it interesting that no other team even made any serious offer to Cousins. Not NY, which preferred Bridgewater, not Denver, which wanted Keenum, etc. And once MN said in the media they were offering $84 million, they couldn’t back down. They put a big number out there and bid against themselves.

But, but, but......Jesse Palmer!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcspor...-cousins-most-money/

To put things in perspective:

Of Nelson’s 482 receiving yards, only 129 came after the catch. He averaged 2.4 yards after the catch, by far the lowest of his NFL career.

Nelson is currently the only receiver this season to see more than 80 targets and produce fewer than 500 yards.

Even when Rodgers was healthy during the first five games, Nelson was on pace for fewer than 800 receiving yards. And when Rodgers returned in Week 15, Nelson caught only three passes and made no impact on the 31-24 defeat.

The big plays down the field dried up. His ability after the catch deteriorated. The loss of Rodgers hurt Nelson, maybe more than any player on the roster, but the quarterback wasn’t the only reason for his drastic dropoff in 2017.

ChilliJon posted:

McKenzie isn't new to this rodeo. Adding Jordy makes Amari Cooper harder to deal with. Losing Jordy makes Devante Adams easier to deal with. 

Jordy has plenty left in the tank. Gute needs a WR plan otherwise Adam's is going to see permanent double teams. And I'm not sure he's wired to be the #1 in GB with all that attention. 

Like I said earlier....

I want AJ Green (or someone as talented) 

Off-season isn't over yet....Of course Vikings are WAYY ahead of everyone else. It isn't even close

Sheldon Richardson hanging out in the cities and going out to dinner with the Viking brass...

Griffen - Joseph - Richardson - Hunter

Last edited by Chickenboy of Rubechat
Not as Cool as B.P.S. posted:

Sheldon Richardson hanging out in the cities and going out to dinner with the Viking brass...

Griffen - Joseph - Richardson - Hunter

You would think that all these guys who want to win a championship, would go to a team that could actually win one!

It’s obvious that Wilkerson and Graham simply took the highest offers.  Green Bay is returning to the days of GMs threatening to send their players there if they don’t get their act straight......think pre-Favre........

doom and gloom

Being a Viqueen fan is similar to a virgin showing up late for a wild experience knowing some of your predecessors had itching pinching feelings in private areas prior.  If you join in maybe.....

heyward posted:
MichiganPacker posted:

Jordy would need to play on a motorcycle to average 15 yards per catch at this point.

Good point. More like 550 yards

packerboi posted:

To put things in perspective:

Of Nelson’s 482 receiving yards, only 129 came after the catch. He averaged 2.4 yards after the catch, by far the lowest of his NFL career.

Nelson is currently the only receiver this season to see more than 80 targets and produce fewer than 500 yards.

Even when Rodgers was healthy during the first five games, Nelson was on pace for fewer than 800 receiving yards. And when Rodgers returned in Week 15, Nelson caught only three passes and made no impact on the 31-24 defeat.

The big plays down the field dried up. His ability after the catch deteriorated. The loss of Rodgers hurt Nelson, maybe more than any player on the roster, but the quarterback wasn’t the only reason for his drastic dropoff in 2017.

Not saying I disagree with the overall point, but I find it ironic that had Rodgers not underthrown a pass, Jordy would have hauled in a touchdown bomb, something a bit more than "made no impact."

There would have been a few yards after the catch as well.

MichiganPacker posted:
GratefulPack posted:

Good post.

He's a 33 year old WR. I think he can be a decent possession receiver at this point in his career- like James Jones was in 2016, but not much more.

Report suggested the Packers offered him 2 million to stay. He got 13 million guaranteed to go elsewhere. He got 46 million from the Packers over 10 years. He'll get almost a third of that for playing two with Oakland. That's crazy, but good for him.

The only thing he's regretting is that the Raiders haven't moved to Las Vegas yet.  Calfornia has a 13.3% income tax rate, highest in the nation.  If the Raiders were in Vegas right now, Jordy keeps more than $1.5 million in his pocket.

Last edited by slowmo
RatPack posted:

Being a Viqueen fan is similar to a virgin showing up late for a wild experience knowing some of your predecessors had itching pinching feelings in private areas prior.  If you join in maybe.....

You have crabs?

ChilliJon posted:

Depending on Michael Crabtree also staying, Jordy could be the missing link in the red zone, where Cooper has struggled. 

RatPack posted:

You have crabs?

Some groups are more 'social' than others and Minnesota fans wrote the book in Facebook.  The NFL really needs to create a nice bouquet to reward the franchise that wins the off season with the flowers going in the Love Boat trophy.

Still selling the tickets of chance to pay for stadiums? 

michiganjoe posted:

He's no Richie Incognito, but he should still add some drama to the OL room.

This is some messed up crap

From an SI article about free agents:

Sheldon Richardson (27), Seahawks
The talent is irrefutable. The question is, given his history, who wants to make him uber-rich and then hope he grows up?

Looks like the Suckqueens do. 

It’s obvious that Wilkerson and Graham simply took the highest offers.  Green Bay is returning to the days of GMs threatening to send their players there if they don’t get their act straight......think pre-Favre........

doom and gloom

Yeah, coming to a true Super Bowl contender from a Jets team that went 46-66 in his seven seasons, never making the playoffs, wasn't at all a factor for Wilkerson. Having Mike Pettine, his defensive coordinator his first two years in the league, also had nothing to do with it. 

Jimmy Graham's having a chance to play with the highest rated QB in NFL history, a man who has 207 career TD passes and only 9 INT in the red zone, also, obviously, had nothing to do with it. 

And Kirk Cousins went to the Vikings because it offered him the best chance at winning. That the Vikings were stupid enough to guarantee 100% of the contract...also had nothing to do with it. 

Every time you open your mouth, the air fouls, and flies usher forth. Wonder why? At this point, I'm astonished the mass occupying the space between your ears generates enough juice to keep you breathing while you sleep. 

ammo posted:

From an SI article about free agents:

Sheldon Richardson (27), Seahawks
The talent is irrefutable. The question is, given his history, who wants to make him uber-rich and then hope he grows up?

Looks like the Suckqueens do. 

But Wilkerson is known for his work ethic, right?

Because he’s a packer now, right?

Packer people.  Am I right?

Latavious Murray restructures.  Takes less money to remain a Viking.

*sigh*.......so nice.

Murray is second fiddle to Cook. Murray saw action because Cook was injured. The recently departed McKinnon saw as much running back time as Murray did.  Now that McKinnon is gone, Murray was needed as a back up to Cook and that knee of his. Taking less money is one thing. Taking less money to remain a viking is another X4 thread, altogether!

So McKinnon is gone and Cook has a bad knee?  And Murray turned that leverage into a pay cut?

Looks like he took less money to remain a Viking to me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.