Skip to main content

Herschel posted:
Brainwashed Boris posted:

Kirky sign yet? Or is he waiting for Rodgers to sign first so he can ask for more money?

I would physically laugh if the Jets swooped in and the  Vikings deal fell through.

With all their other QB's signing elsewhere, that's the exact scenario I laid out last week.  A guy can dream.

Tdog posted:

Morgan Burnett...  it's probably time to move on.  When was the last INT he had - I have no idea?  And his inability to stay on the field.

Burnett is not a difference maker in the passing game. He's a good run defender for a safety. He's a poor man's Kam Chancellor type. He has value, just not as a Butler/Sharper type playmaker against the pass. The problem is that he's 6'1" 209 pounds and playing near the LOS as a safety eventually really takes a physical toll, which is why he can't stay on the field. Chancellor is 6'3" 235 pounds and even he's had trouble staying on the field.

Burnett has played 102 games and had 9 interceptions for 52 return yards. And, of course, his 4 yard interception return in the 4th quarter of the NFC Championship game (not his fault that he was told to give himself up).

Compare that to other Packer SSs.

Leroy Butler (SS) 38 interceptions in 181 games

Charlie Peprah (SS) 8 interceptions in 72 games

Atari Bigby (SS) 10 interceptions in 72 games

Fedya posted:

Watch out for the crumbling bridges, too.

As someone who has family in the TC and had a friend on that road who passed over the bridge on that day I get really ****ing sick and tired of people using this as a joke.  

So here's a tip for the entire board.  Don't use people dying as a rip on a local sports team.  If you feel so inclined I'll give you my number and you can tell it to me directly.  

Grave Digger posted:

Doesn’t sound like you get the joke Hank. It’s one of his classic burns. Just think about it.

Using a link to an article about a bridge collapsing and several people losing their life is a joke?

Good one!!!

I'm just shaking my head

slowmo posted:
Goalline posted:
slowmo posted:

I know you are stuck on bashing Hundley--but surely you are aware that we traded for a guy who threw 22 interceptions last year, fumbled 5 times, and had a 60.5 QB rating. 

Oh yeah, and he was a rookie who spent ZERO hours in our QB room. 

Not really seeing that as a defense.  He was terrible last year, his interception in overtime against us was typical of his decision making during the season.  Although on second thought, you have a point---our new QB coach will school him up not to just chuck the ball up down the middle of the field when a defensive player is grabbing you as you throw.

In the meantime, there's this to read:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/...plays-of-the-season/

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/...wns-quarterback-pity

His rookie year was TD to INT ratio was better than one Brett Favre. Just saying.

Henry posted:
Fedya posted:

Watch out for the crumbling bridges, too.

As someone who has family in the TC and had a friend on that road who passed over the bridge on that day I get really ****ing sick and tired of people using this as a joke.  

So here's a tip for the entire board.  Don't use people dying as a rip on a local sports team.  If you feel so inclined I'll give you my number and you can tell it to me directly.  

We have (and still do) a supplier who we called upon hearing of the bridge collapsing.  We knew he used the bridge and he was alright.  There is a similar bridge on an interstate where I drive to work every day with a worse safety rating than that bridge had.  But there are differences.  The one Minneapolis was longer, it had two more lanes in each direction, and it saw a lot more traffic than the one I drive over.  But they got it replaced and open for business two years ago.  I saw the plan for another bridge that will replace an existing bridge.  The current one is much longer than the Minneapolis bridge, and although it is old, it is not in danger of falling down - it just needs repair often.  However, if your car stalls on the bridge there is no place to hide - no pull off lane.  And accidents have happened where people died.  So the new plan has provisions for 3 traffic lanes and a pull off lane on each side of those traffic lanes.  There is 5 lanes in each direction.  If everything goes according to their plan, they will finish it two or three years after I am retired.  So I get it. 

Pakrz posted:

Fitting that Trevor Semen would play for a team with jizz on their helmets. 

Yep that's why I call them the spermheads.

Your momma is so fat she sued xbox 360 for guessing her weight

Your momma so fat we ran out of gas trying to drive around her

Your momma is so fat the polo shirt she wears has an actual life sized horse on it

Brown Paper Sack posted:

You guys been tongue dartin' mayonnaise sandwiches all day?  Semen this, semen that.

Grossballs.

You viking fans have the best (worst?) metaphors for sex

Image result for cat eating banana gif

There will be a 30 for 30 on Sam Bradford's career some day.  Not about anything he's done on the field but for what he was able to do on the financial front.  It really defies conventional logic.  As Andrew Brandt would say, "he's a winner in the business of football".  

And I actually like the Siemian trade for the Vikes.  He's a smart guy, tough as nails, and works hard.  His teammates loved him in Denver.  He just doesn't have the body to play 16 games a year.  And a lot of his issues that arose in Denver (outside of injuries) were coach and team related, not just on Siemian.  Probably won't mean much, since Kirk has been pretty durable, but I always liked Trevor in Denver.  

FYI - The Kirk Cousins deal is official

3 year $84 fully guaranteed - up to $90 million with incentives.

Ian Rap writing it up on NFL.com right now

FYI - Ian Rap & Garafolo both confirmed there weren't any higher deals offered

Last edited by Boris

Let the stories around the viking campfires regale how their cousin came on them cheap, eschewing better offers from richer suitors.

#thatsnothowsexshouldwork

Image result for cats jumping in a hole gif

The "source" is James Jones

Packiderm posted:

Good for Jordy but some of these contracts are nuts. Glad the Vikes won't have cash to extend their playmakers

What in the world gives you that idea?  The Vikings, even after signing Cousins, are in better cap shape than the packers.

Who won’t they be able to extend?

Last edited by Chickenboy of Rubechat

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.