Skip to main content

Brainwashed Boris posted:

People, not robots

Maybe it should be 'robots, not people'.  Robots only require parts and software and can be fixed from week to week.  They don't talk back, always follow orders, and just think of the precision on the field.  It would also solve the concussion issue.  The down side is that it loses something in the draft and develop area.  Drafting robots would be an entirely different subject than what we have now.  I mean we would be arguing over which processor was better and things like that. 

SanDiegoPackFan posted:

Welp.  Another QB bites the dust.  So....by cutting Dirty Harry.....they are admitting they made a mistake by not keeping the Morman QB that is now the heir-apparent to Brees.

UNLESS they feel Kizer can step in and win a few games in case AR goes down.

I'm still not impressed.  

Pretty hilarious that Brandon Weinke is now the heir apparent all of a sudden.  He's a backup QB. 

Last edited by Henry
Brainwashed Boris posted:

People, not robots

You don't continually hold a guy on your roster to "stash" him from other clubs.

Let him go & give him a chance to latch on somewhere else. It's the right thing to do.

No, no it's not.   In this business people are assets and they get treated as such.   Even the GBP.   See one Jordy Nelson for evidence. 

Henry posted:
SanDiegoPackFan posted:

Welp.  Another QB bites the dust.  So....by cutting Dirty Harry.....they are admitting they made a mistake by not keeping the Morman QB that is now the heir-apparent to Brees.

I'm still not impressed.  

Pretty hilarious that Brandon Weinke is now the heir apparent all of a sudden.  He's a backup QB. 

thanks, Henry.  I did not know that.  I thought Peyton said the Mormon was the QB of the future for them...or something similar to that....probably "smoke and mirrors".

SanDiegoPackFan posted:
Henry posted:
SanDiegoPackFan posted:

I'm still not impressed.  

thanks, Henry.  I did not know that.  I thought Peyton said the Mormon was the QB of the future for them...or something similar to that....probably "smoke and mirrors".

He'll be ready to retire when Brees does. 

Pulled this from Joe Bryant.....

Source: Baton Rouge Advocate - Nick Underhill

The New Orleans Saints are considering keeping just two quarterbacks on their roster for the 2018 season if QB Taysom Hill is able to beat out QB Tom Savage for the No. 2 spot on the depth chart behind QB Drew Brees.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The Saints didn't select a quarterback in the 2018 NFL draft, largely due to the support that Hill has within the building. Sean Payton may be his biggest supporter, and reports indicate he loves Hill's game. Undrafted out of BYU in 2017, Hill originally signed with the Packers but did not make the final roster as a rookie. The Saints scooped him up, and he's even been active for them on special teams. Hill is an athletic quarterback who often draws Tony Romo comparisons. We're going to continue monitoring him in dynasty leagues.

Broncos sports radio has been pitching Ray to the Packers since late last week.  No rumors, just speculation that it would make sense.  Ray had a great second year but regressed last year due to a broken wrist.  Story was that he lost a lot of weight during his time away, dropping down to the 220's from his 245 lb playing weight. 

If the price is right, I'd go for it.  Maybe a 5th rounder for a 1 year rental?  

Pikes Peak posted:

Yup, Ray is plenty good, plenty young and should be plenty affordable.  But I would guess he would love to go to KC and would take a home town discount to put it to the Donkeys twice a year.

And that's exactly what Denver radio is saying.  Any trade for Ray this year would be a one year rental, hence no more than a 5th rounder.  And I don't see the Broncos going for that.  

I wonder how Pettine's defense is going to get pressure.  I always felt that Dom put it all on the OLBs and didn't free up the DL enough (only 2 DL does that).  I wonder if Pettine stays with 3 DL on passing downs to unleash Daniels and Wilkerson (and to a lesser extent, Clark).  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.