Skip to main content

Dr._Bob posted:

I don't think Gute is making these cuts to send a message.  I think he's doing it because he wants those players gone.  But hopefully players (and coaches) will get the message that Gute isn't sending.

Agree. I think we're so used to these marginal talents hanging around that there was no question about Whitehead being a key player, but I don't think Gute is hanging on to these guys for very long. I think they saw enough of Tramon at FS to justify ditching a hybrid SS/LB who wasn't producing. I think Whitehead was going to be cut whether he punched that guy or not. 

Last edited by Grave Digger
Ubetcha posted:

Although it would've been a real coup for Gutey if the Saints pick turned out to be a mid-round or better pick, I have to think he knew it could go both ways. Even if it's near the end of the 1st round it still gives him some ammo to possibly package and trade-up. Good value either way.

Supposedly, a deep draft for pass rushers and OL. 2 Packer needs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Gute packages some of these 1st day picks to move up either. He should have plenty of picks to do so. 

I see that its deep for pass rush and dt/de, so i say we stay put and draft where we are, but this isnt' the right place, there's a kid from kentucky that looks nice. josh allen. its strange though, i watch some video's of these next year prospects and although you can see it, they look meh to me, no explosive domination...but its the deepest spot in the draft, so...here's hoping.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.