Skip to main content

NFL has jumped the shark with their lame in season trade rules and overall bullshit roster movements. 

MLB hot stove and NBA trade deadline and free agency so more compelling.  If The Shield doesn’t figure out how to expand or revise these items they will die on the vine.  The NFL is so damn anticlimactic it’s not even funny. 

Case in point - an irrelevant Dez Bryant is news?  M’kay

Normally, I'd say any healthy NFL player should at least finish the year, honor the contract,  and then retire at the end. 

In this case? Can't blame Nelson. Raiders are a total dumpster fire. Nelson's outa here..

Jeebus...Mess..

Either the reporters in earshot heard the veteran talking about making his way to dinner reservations, or this is incredibly bad. After the 20-6 loss to the Chargers in Week 10, the Raiders moved to 1-8 on the season and have been outscored 54-9 over the past two games. This is their fifth-straight loss and each one has been by double-digits.

Following trades which involved sending Khalil Mack to the Chicago Bears before the season and then Amari Cooper to the Dallas Cowboys, rumblings of tensions being high are swirling. Tack on the release of veteran Bruce Irvin and it’s apparent the players aren’t exactly buying into whatever it is that new head coach Jon Gruden is selling.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/...rs-frustration-loss/

packerboi posted:

Normally, I'd say any healthy NFL player should at least finish the year, honor the contract,  and then retire at the end. 

In this case? Can't blame Nelson. Raiders are a total dumpster fire. Nelson's outa here..

If true he at least had the courtesy to wait till after the game.

Wait a minute. I thought tons of players were calling Gruden begging him to bring them to the Raiders?

I’d be a little surprised to see Jordy retire in the middle of the season but he never seemed like a Raider guy to me. 

Pikes Peak posted:
packerboi posted:

If true he at least had the courtesy to wait till after the game.

Bring him back as an offensive assistant to work with the young receivers,  especially if Cobb isn't returning next year.  No better mentor to teach them  plus maybe it will give 12 a spark to get his buddy back. 

$2.2 Billion Dollar dumpster fire in Vegas.

Hey, they have a lot of early draft picks.

Mark Davis said, "You can blame me for the poor drafting & Khalil Mack trade."

Good to see Mark being the good wife & standing by her man.

10 years - $10 million.

Fedya posted:

Why don't you bring up 4th and 26 too, Goldie?

Hmmm, yah, the Packers do have a history of a one killer play in their history don’t they.  Shall we count how many??  I don’t even want to think about it.   AND no one should ever get death threats over one play.  

Bostick is a convenient scapegoat but it never should have came down to the onside kick. Packers had numerous opportunities to finish the Seahawks off and simply couldn't get it done. Need to score more than six points off five turnovers with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

michiganjoe posted:

Bostick is a convenient scapegoat but it never should have came down to the onside kick. Packers had numerous opportunities to finish the Seahawks off and simply couldn't get it done. Need to score more than six points off five turnovers with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

He did either ignore or not listen to coaches, no doubt, but he could have caught the freakin ball. It was right in his hands, he was a receiver with hands which is why he was on the field.  

Hands team I think it is called.  CTFB!

Bostick's bungle... 4th-and-26... Fitzgerald frolics... Fail Mary (not playoffs but so noteworthy)... facemask folly... a six-pack of interceptions... Kaepernick capers... Favre finale... Rice rip-off...

I know I must be missing some more hurtful ones...  

Fandame posted:

Bostick's bungle... 4th-and-26... Fitzgerald frolics... Fail Mary (not playoffs but so noteworthy)... facemask folly... a six-pack of interceptions... Kaepernick capers... Favre finale... Rice rip-off...

I know I must be missing some more hurtful ones...  

...at least we're not the Bears who consistently get their heart ripped out by their rival. 

Replay Game
Raji INT
Cobb TD
Rodgers = Reed

How about the 2 point coversion in that Hawks game? As I recall, Peppers was it? Blew up the play and chased Wilson back 15-20 yards, and he tosses up a duck and HaHa just watches it land in the receiver's hands right in front of him. Seemed like it took an hour to come down.

Rip the bandage off!  

It was interesting because I saw an article in NYT that mentioned how GB has been known far more for its one-play playoff disasters rather than its successes. That got me thinking about those plays and I realized that, yes, it's true. GB has had some of the most memorable, weird losses, losses that come directly on or as the result of -- one play. At least it's not like laying a 40-donut playoff loss on the fans!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.