Skip to main content

Not entirely done yet? 

Mark Ingram could become one of the newest members of the Green Bay Packers very soon. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Packers are one of the few teams that have interest in the two-time Pro Bowl running back who will become a free agent on Wednesday. Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has stressed he wants to run the ball this season and Ingram could help improve the Packers' run game.

"[Ingram's] got a couple interested teams including the Packers and Bears," Rapoport said in a video hit on the NFL Network (via Rotoworld)."

Pakrz posted:

Just because I’m a glass half full type of guy, we are setting ourselves up nicely to draft the Clemson QB #1 overall in two years. 

Or Fromm, although he's probably coming out after this coming season.

ilcuqui posted:

The are add on offense, too. They’re signing versatile OL Billy Turner, source said.

Turner is a swing player who played both tackles positions and left guard. The showed interest in re-signing him, but the price was too high. He fits the wide zone type of guard the Packers are looking for and could easily fill the RG position.

THANK YOU JEEBUS! More please. 

Pakrz posted:

I give no shits about the money or this perceived “cap hell” some speak of. Rosters and caps are fluid. Sign players and f’ing win games. 

It’s time for a Gooty-call. 

Money up front helps.  Comes off the books easier in only a couple years time. 

packerboi posted:

Heard on the radio today:

Who's more pissed off today? Dom Capers or Mike McCarthy?

Dayum...

Who gives a shit.  Neither one would get the full potential out of these signings.  

packerboi posted:

Not entirely done yet? 

Mark Ingram could become one of the newest members of the Green Bay Packers very soon. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Packers are one of the few teams that have interest in the two-time Pro Bowl running back who will become a free agent on Wednesday. Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has stressed he wants to run the ball this season and Ingram could help improve the Packers' run game.

"[Ingram's] got a couple interested teams including the Packers and Bears," Rapoport said in a video hit on the NFL Network (via Rotoworld)."

Damn... Gute must have found a pot of gold.  Get it!!!!

Floridarob posted:

If they dont sign a RB, I hope they consider the RB Josh Jacobs from Alabama. I am not sure he would make it to 30. 

First thing I thought when I saw these signings: "He's going to take Josh Jacobs."

Him or OT Jonah Williams.

ED8B6E47-D503-4102-AAB9-A4655A93F84B50k Club posted:

We'll have to see how the numbers shake out for these contracts.  The Turner APY is pricey though.  Unfortunately, that is cost of drafting poorly and having to turn to FA.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • ED8B6E47-D503-4102-AAB9-A4655A93F84B
Floridarob posted:

If they dont sign a RB, I hope they consider the RB Josh Jacobs from Alabama. I am not sure he would make it to 30. 

You’re a smart guy, but you’re way way off on this one my friend....

98F1A017-B637-4CAC-AB37-CB367F588399

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 98F1A017-B637-4CAC-AB37-CB367F588399

For anyone worried these moves made today by Gutenmeister will put the Packers in cap hell, in 2020 the Packers will likely unload all these contracts:

Mike Daniels: 10.7 mil

Bryan Bulaga: 8.7 mil

Tramon Williams 6.3 mil

Mason Crosby: 4.8 mil

Spriggs: 2.4 mil

Only Daniels could I see them trying to re-sign and much of that depends on the 2019 draft and whether Lowry, Lancaster, etc continue to develop. 

That's a lot of $$ coming again off the books. 

packerboi posted:

Not entirely done yet? 

Much sooner Ingram than Bell. Aaron Jones is still ascending. Ingram would bring a vet presence and hard nosed back to complement Jones and Jamaal. Might be somewhat pricey but Ingram has shown he can work within a system and rb by committee. Too much ego follows wherever Bell winds up.

Criticize him all you want, but GB got their money’s worth out of Rusty Ballz today. The 4 signings today should count roughly $22M against our cap this year...$22M this year for 2 high end edge players, a versatile swing OL with starting experience, and a starting S. When the full details of the deals come out we will see what they fully look like. 

Pakrz posted:

Draft and develop is a splendid approach when you have a 35 year old QB with a few years left.

Remember when the PC thought here was not to sign FA's?  That TT had it all covered. How'd that work out.

Grave Digger posted:

Criticize him all you want, but GB got their money’s worth out of Rusty Ballz today. The 4 signings today should count roughly $22M against our cap this year...$22M this year for 2 high end edge players, a versatile swing OL with starting experience, and a starting S. When the full details of the deals come out we will see what they fully look like. 

When you can get that talent for only 22 million,  what a SPECTACULAR day...

I can honestly say, I have never seen this kind of action in Green Bay before.

Luv the aggressiveness.  

Tavis Smiley posted:
Floridarob posted:

You’re a smart guy, but you’re way way off on this one my friend....

98F1A017-B637-4CAC-AB37-CB367F588399

Dang, I am supposed to be dead by now. It’s a good thing I never played RB, it could have been even sooner.

excalibur posted:
Orlando Wolf posted:

PC meaning packerchatters?

Politically correct. Dare to question TT and the loonies came out of the bin. 

Hard to believe how quickly Gutey has transformed both the roster and the way the Packers go about their business since he took over from Ted just 15 months ago.

Ted never traded away his own players the way Gutey got rid of Hundley, Randall, Clinton-Dix, and Montgomery.

And Gutey has absolutely hacked away at the roster Ted left him.

But there is no greater renunciation of the way Ted did business than signing a player early in the veteran free agency process and Gutey signed 4 of them today.

Roster-wise, this is definitely Gutey's show now. 

Hope he kills it.

excalibur posted:
Orlando Wolf posted:

Not to sound like a looney, but the Packers had a LOT of success all the way up until 2017.

They took some steps back in 2012/2013 but in 2014 were literally 1 play away from a Super Bowl appearance.  As recently as 2014, you really can't put too much fault in what TT had built.  Considering how close they really were and the fact that they actually had beaten the team who would become champs just a few weeks prior.

Now, I will agree with you that by early 2016, there were clear signs that the foundation was crumbling.  Aaron Rodgers went on an absolute tear the rest of that year to sort of push all those signs of impending doom into the background, but yes, that early part of the year they were starting to show what they would become in 2017 and 2018 (And that wasn't good!!). 

In hindsight, I think when TT first came back from surgery a number of years ago, he sounded like a guy who was 100 years old.  I suspect that's when things really began to fall apart for his ability to keep the Pack humming like he always had been able to do. 

So yes... if you pointed out that TT was beginning to stumble around 2015, you probably were right.  But TT had a hell of a track record before then, I can understand why the Packers' brass still wanted to keep him around for a couple extra years.  It was a mistake, but at this point, everyone's moved on, and let's just hope Brian Gutekunst can do half as good of a job as TT did because he really did an excellent job for quite a long time.  

fightphoe93 posted:
excalibur posted:
Orlando Wolf posted:

Not to sound like a looney, but the Packers had a LOT of success all the way up until 2017.

They took some steps back in 2012/2013 but in 2014 were literally 1 play away from a Super Bowl appearance.  As recently as 2014, you really can't put too much fault in what TT had built.  Considering how close they really were and the fact that they actually had beaten the team who would become champs just a few weeks prior.

Now, I will agree with you that by early 2016, there were clear signs that the foundation was crumbling.  Aaron Rodgers went on an absolute tear the rest of that year to sort of push all those signs of impending doom into the background, but yes, that early part of the year they were starting to show what they would become in 2017 and 2018 (And that wasn't good!!). 

In hindsight, I think when TT first came back from surgery a number of years ago, he sounded like a guy who was 100 years old.  I suspect that's when things really began to fall apart for his ability to keep the Pack humming like he always had been able to do. 

So yes... if you pointed out that TT was beginning to stumble around 2015, you probably were right.  But TT had a hell of a track record before then, I can understand why the Packers' brass still wanted to keep him around for a couple extra years.  It was a mistake, but at this point, everyone's moved on, and let's just hope Brian Gutekunst can do half as good of a job as TT did because he really did an excellent job for quite a long time.  

Great post. People tend to forget all the good.  I’m a Packer fan and I am excited today. I hope this approach pays off. But I’m also appreciative  of the past 10 years. All the dumping on the previous regime is douchey.

Last edited by Tavis Smiley

Giants did better than the Steelers

excalibur posted:

The "previous regime" wasted the prime of Aaron Rodgers.

your "I was right" desire nearly outshines the same disposition in my wife

nearly.  

El-Ka-Bong posted:
excalibur posted:

nearly.  

So you don't believe that the "previous regime" didn't waste the prime of AR?

El-Ka-Bong posted:
excalibur posted:

nearly.  

So you're used to being wrong?

Henry posted:
excalibur posted:
Orlando Wolf posted:

It was just you cupcake.

Look! The gump is out.

Link copied to your clipboard.